UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Sneak-Peek - 2017 UKC Super Slam Rules and Information
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Sneak-Peek - 2017 UKC Super Slam Rules and Information

Changes, rules, and sponsorship are place for the 2017 Super Slam Series. However, the target date for posting the scheduled events is not for a couple more weeks. So for now and to not keep the curious waiting any longer, we'll post the rules and changes here for now.

A special thanks to James Atwell with Nite Time Hunting & Pet Supplies for his continued support and sponsorship. As for any available Super Slams, at this point we're pretty much filled for 2017. Although, I would be interested in a club or two willing to put in the effort to push and promote a Grade I Super Slam.

Offering a couple different entry/payout options is the response to those who have asked for it. To say I'm excited to see how these changes will be received and supported is an understatement. A lot of thought has went into it and I'm hoping the changes will benefit the success of the series.

For those concerned that UKC is headed into a direction of money hunts, don't worry. The traditional trophy hunts are here to stay. We are simply offering options for those that would rather hunt these type of events.

Again, the schedule should be posted around the 25th of this month. Once posted, entries will be open immediately for each event. Each event will remain open until the closing date (approximately two weeks prior to the event date) or until the event has filled to 16 entries reserved.

UKC Super Slam Series Rules and Information
The following Super Slam Series Events Rules and Policies are in effect on January 1, 2017.

Eligibility
Each Super Slam Series Event is limited to 16 entries only. The participant must have reserved an entry in advance. Any UKC registered coonhound, regardless of degree, is eligible to be entered. There is no limit on the number of events a participant may enter in throughout the year.

Entry Fee and Payout
Approved clubs may schedule one of the following three options.
1. GI Super Slam - $500 entry fee pays out 90% to cast winners.
2. GII Super Slam - $250 entry fee pays out 85% to cast winners.
3. GIII* Super Slam - $150 entry fee pays out 80% to cast winners.

_______
GI Super Slam - 90% Payback

Entry Fee $500 / Cast Win $1800

Club$
8 dogs, $300
12 dogs, $500
16 dogs, $700

________
GII Super Slam - 85% Payback

Entry Fee $250 / Cast Win $850

Club$
8 dogs, $200
12 dogs, $350
16 dogs, $500

________
GI Super Slam - 80% Payback

Entry Fee $150 / Cast Win $480

Club$
8 dogs, $140
12 dogs, $260
16 dogs, $380

Reserving an Entry
Advanced entries only. Entries close approximately two weeks prior to the event date. Each advertised Super Slam Series Event is listed on the UKC website and COONHOUND BLOODLINES. The listing will also show a closing date, after which entries will no longer be accepted. Advanced entries will be open as soon as the event is listed and will close on the noted closing date or when all 16 entries have been reserved. All Super Slam Event reservations will close on the Friday at midnight 15 days before the day of the event.

Entries may be reserved on-line at www.ukcdogs.com or by contacting United Kennel Club. Advanced entries are reserved in the name of the applicant. The applicant will not enter a dog in the event when reserving the entry. The applicant may enter any UKC registered dog of their choice on the day of the event. The dog may or may not be one that is registered in the applicant’s name.

Event Reservation Criteria Information
Entry into the event will be given in the order of reservations received. A Super Slam must have a minimum of eight (8) reserved entries by the closing date, otherwise, the event will not be held. In order for an event to have three (3) casts the event must have reached a total of 12 advanced reservations. In order for an event to have four (4) casts the event must reach a total of 16 advanced reservations. Example: An event that had a total of 11 reserved entries would result in the # 9, #10, and #11 reservations to not get in. This policy assures cast winners the maximum payout, based on the entry fee type. Any such reservations not getting in will not be charged for the entry fee.

Entry Fee Credit Card Charges, Payout, and Club’s Income
UKC will be responsible for taking all entry fee monies. Credit Cards will not be charged or processed until after the closing date for the event or not until all 16 available entries have been reserved. If the event does not fill (see Minimum Entry Requirement below), then no credit card reservations, for that event, will be charged.

After entry’s close and prior to the event, UKC will mail a check to the host club. The amount sent will cover the winner’s payout and the club’s share of the event income. Administration, License and Recording fees in the amount of $100 will be retained by UKC. The club is responsible for dispersing payout monies as outlined on their Event Payout Form.

Reservation Refunds
No refunds. However, a reserved entry may be sold to another individual. Any such transactions are between the seller and the buyer. The original reservation confirmation comes with a form to give to the buyer to present to the official on the day of the event. Note: Participants will not be charged if the event does not fill or if the individual’s reservation is one that results in not getting in, per Event Criteria’s as noted above.

Event Running Rules
Current UKC Slam running rules, with exception to those specifically noted below (See Super Slam Rule Revisions), apply to all Super Slam Events. UKC Championship rules, as they apply to Nite and Grand Nite Champion casts, are utilized in all cast’s. All dogs regardless of category are drawn out together. All casts must hunt for two hours. A dog must hunt the entire two hours to be eligible for UKC Championship points or wins and/or event payouts.

Super Slam Rule Revisions
The following rules, which deviate from the current UKC Coonhound Nite Hunt Honor Rules, shall apply at all UKC Super Slams in *2017. These changes apply to UKC Super Slam hunts only.

a. Tree Positions
2 (b) {125 points for dog declared treed first; 75 points second; 50 points third; 25 points fourth.}
Change: Two minutes after first dog is declared treed, second (75) and third (50) tree positions become unavailable. Any dog(s) declared treed after two minutes will receive 25 tree points.

b. Handling Dog(s) on Split Trees
11 (c) {Judge shall give handler permission to handle dog on split tree unless cast is in process of shining a tree.}
Change: Non-Hunting Judge may give handler permission (judge’s decision) to handle dog(s) on split tree, even when cast is in process of shining a tree.

Note: A copy of the nite hunt rules revisions noted above are provided in the club’s Super Slam Event Packet. A total of five copies are included. One for the Master of Hounds and one for each of the four casts.

Super Slam Hunt Time(s)
All casts will hunt for two hours, no exceptions. A dog must hunt the whole two hours to be considered a cast winner.

Championship Points and Wins
Any dog winning its cast with a total score of plus points will receive UKC Championship points. Registered dogs will receive a First-Place win and 40 Championship points. Nite Champion dogs will receive one (1) win towards their Grand Nite degree. Grand Nite Champions will receive a Grand Nite Champion win. The Event Report is filled out by the event official based on highest score placing first. Dogs winning their cast without a total score of plus points will not receive any UKC Championship points and should not be noted on the Event Report.

Cast Winner Eligibility
A dog must hunt the entire two hours of the hunt to be eligible for a cast win and a payout. A dog winning it’s cast with a total score of zero or less must have met one of the following requirements to be considered a cast winner and eligible for cast win payouts:
§ Have plus or circle tree points recorded on the scorecard.
§ Positive strike points recorded on the scorecard for coon caught on ground.

Late Round Hunt Off
There is no option to hunt off the cast winners.

Judges
All casts at a Super Slam event will utilize non-hunting judges. Clubs are responsible for using only qualified individuals as non-hunting judges. The host club is responsible for paying judges, if deemed necessary.

Host Club Responsibilities
The Host Club must use a UKC Licensed Master of Hounds to be in charge of the event. The Host Club is responsible for supplying guides for each cast. Hunting guides may be used. It is the responsibility of each Host Club to provide a photo of the winners. They must email the photo(s) to UKC in a timely manner to be posted on the UKC website. Additionally, a brief recap of the event, included with the winner’s photos, is appreciated.

Changes or Updates
Any changes to rules and policies relevant to the Super Slam Series will be published in the monthly Super Slam Series page(s) in COONHOUND BLOODLINES and the UKC website. Information found on the UKC website will be considered the final authority. Additional information relative to the Super Slam Series is available at ukcdogs.com.

Super Slam Series Event Approval
Clubs interested in hosting a Super Slam Series event should contact UKC for consideration. Please email all requests to Allen Gingerich at agingerich@ukcdogs.com A limited number of events only will be available each year.

GRAND MASTERS INVITATIONAL
The Grand Masters Invitational hosts an entry of up to 64 dogs with a guaranteed minimum payout of $5,000 to the overall winner. The 2017 UKC GRAND MASTERS INVITATIONAL will held on Wednesday and Thursday nights during the week leading up to Autumn Oaks on Labor Day weekend. The Grand Masters Invitational is open to the owners of those dogs who were entered in a Super Slam in 2017. Consideration for entry will be given first to the registered owner of a dog who was a cast winner at a Super Slam Series Event; followed by, the owners of a dog entered in a Super Slam who was not a cast winner until the maximum entry of 64 has been met. The dog entered in the Grand Masters does not have to be the same dog that won a cast at a Super Slam Series Event; however, it must be a dog that is registered to the same Sole Signatory or any one Successor. Further details will be announced and posted on the UKC website, prior to the event.

*denotes edit...

Last edited by Allen / UKC on 01-12-2017 at 06:54 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-12-2017 12:05 AM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Look at the money the club makes guys on a $150 entry $380 on a $250 entry $500 you can't get that no where else and all you got to have is 4 judges and a moh wow.

Old Post 01-12-2017 12:14 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Looks like a great program for them with power dogs or at least think they have them.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 01-12-2017 12:54 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
warn
UKC Forum Member

heck Jim you should do well in these events. You always seem to be toteing a coondog

Mark Warner

"HOME OF PREDAWN KENNELS"

http://www.tekonshathunder.homestead.com

Old Post 01-12-2017 01:09 AM
warn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for warn Click here to Send warn a Private Message Click Here to Email warn Find more posts by warn Add warn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I dont have dog power but i have very loose pockets. And a 50/50 dog partner that is not too sharp.....lol.

Old Post 01-12-2017 01:18 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
warn
UKC Forum Member

lol, well that works too

Mark Warner

"HOME OF PREDAWN KENNELS"

http://www.tekonshathunder.homestead.com

Old Post 01-12-2017 01:26 AM
warn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for warn Click here to Send warn a Private Message Click Here to Email warn Find more posts by warn Add warn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Love the entry fee grade ......Each is still eligible for G.M.👍

Old Post 01-12-2017 01:45 AM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Question, if I have a 0 or less score with no positive points anywhere on the card would I still receive the CW money?

Question 2, and the reason I hunt the other Pro Events instead of yours, is it strike on or before the third bark and then scratched at judges decision if determined it was a babble? I not trying to protect the babbler. I despise them. But, I do know a dog when cut across a field or down a ditch/creek they may pull a couple barks racing.

Old Post 01-12-2017 02:52 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Re: Sneak-Peek - 2017 UKC Super Slam Rules and Information

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Late Round Hunt Off
There is no option to hunt off the cast winners.

So no late rounds?

Old Post 01-12-2017 01:32 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Sneak-Peek - 2017 UKC Super Slam Rules and Information

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
So no late rounds?

I the history of the super slams, has one ever been "hunted off"? I sure don't remember one. I think UKC hunters are not very good gamblers.

Gives a whole new meaning to a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush!!!!

Old Post 01-12-2017 01:39 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I will split in a heartbeat lol !! So I have enough money to go to the next one gain more ground that way wife won't be near as mad at me.

Old Post 01-12-2017 02:00 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

If it just took one to make em hunt there would have been more hunted off I think. I was sick when I hunted at one in Legrand, and there was no way I was going back out, but one wanted too and it wasnt enough to make the rest go.

Even though they dont get hunted off, the option should still be there.

Old Post 01-12-2017 02:14 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

Let's see the S$ hunt schedule Allen.
Is the GM entry fee going to change or u gunna hold it @ $250.00 regardless of the grade level hunt u entered ?

Last edited by Dogwhisper on 01-12-2017 at 03:28 PM

Old Post 01-12-2017 03:18 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

What happened to the strike rule?

Old Post 01-12-2017 04:19 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Requiring casts to split is prolly the smartest thing they did here. UKC clubs, by and large, dont want to be sending guides and judges back out to the woods at 2:00 AM. Nobody was hunting it off anyway. The only one I ever knew of that hunted it off was the one Risley won.

Old Post 01-12-2017 05:06 PM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
What happened to the strike rule?

Nothing happened to it. If you look up the Super Slam rules, the strike rule so many are in terror of is still right there, SCRATCHED ON THE SECOND OFFENSE.

Old Post 01-12-2017 05:14 PM
james boyd
UKC Forum Member

they should make them hunt it off

Old Post 01-12-2017 05:21 PM
james boyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for james boyd Click here to Send james boyd a Private Message Click Here to Email james boyd Find more posts by james boyd Add james boyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rcagla10583
UKC Forum Member

Looks like a good thing to me as far as the hunting off deal they should be a option if the majority of the handlers wanna hunt it off they should go but I do like the way it pays!!!

Long Branch Mtn Curs
UKC SQCH LONG BRANCH GHOST

Old Post 01-12-2017 06:02 PM
rcagla10583 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rcagla10583 Click here to Send rcagla10583 a Private Message Find more posts by rcagla10583 Add rcagla10583 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Where can I look them up?

Old Post 01-12-2017 06:13 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
The only one I ever knew of that hunted it off was the one Risley won.

Which one was that?

Old Post 01-12-2017 06:37 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Really there needs to be a small rule change I was the only one entered in the one in Texas so by rights I won by default. Me and granny should be going to the grand masters can't believe they were that scared of a 9 yr old one eyed no toothed dog and a 58 yr old one legged man lol.

Old Post 01-12-2017 09:34 PM
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Really there needs to be a small rule change I was the only one entered in the one in Texas so by rights I won by default. Me and granny should be going to the grand masters can't believe they were that scared of a 9 yr old one eyed no toothed dog and a 58 yr old one legged man lol.
it was the smell they were scared of!lol

Old Post 01-13-2017 01:06 AM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

We both fresh as daisies lol.

Old Post 01-13-2017 01:39 AM
dperry
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Nothing happened to it. If you look up the Super Slam rules, the strike rule so many are in terror of is still right there, SCRATCHED ON THE SECOND OFFENSE.

I don't think so JiM. Read the first sentence under Super Slam Rule Provisions. Richard can hunt his happy red dog now without penalty.

Old Post 01-14-2017 06:30 AM
dperry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dperry Click here to Send dperry a Private Message Find more posts by dperry Add dperry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WalkerPower21
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman
Which one was that?

That one you should of won!

Old Post 01-14-2017 04:09 PM
WalkerPower21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WalkerPower21 Click here to Send WalkerPower21 a Private Message Find more posts by WalkerPower21 Add WalkerPower21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote