UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Cracker and Sally Mae
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Luther's Fiest
UKC Forum Member

Cracker and Sally Mae

Took cracker and sally back to the only spot I have been finding any squirrels. Cracker started barking in the dog box which he never does before I got where I normally park. I thought what the heck I will road hunt them till I get there. I let cracker out and he was treed before I could open sally's box. Well I let sally out figuring she would go check cracker out, wrong she went to the other side of the road and was treed before I could load my gun. I went to sally first and tied her and shot her squirrel and walked across the road and shot crackers squirrel. Time I got crackers squirrel which he retrieved sally was treed again and cracker was off to join her. Tied sally so she wouldn't run off with the squirrel and shot that one out. Cracker settled on the next tree over which had another squirrel I didn't shoot. Called them both off and within minutes they were treed together on a big tree and as I was tieing sally I saw a big fox squirrel slip into a den. Another 25 yards and both were treed again. Saw another fox squirrel as I was walking to them and then two big dogs came running through the woods and jumped on cracker. I started to shoot them but knew the owner so I hit one with the butt of my gun and kicked the other in the gut. Both took off and I decided to go further out the road. As I was loading sally cracker treed again on another fox squirrel. I didn't shoot it and called cracker off when I heard sally barking again. I hadn't shut the dog box and she was treed on the seventh tree of the morning. As I walked to her I saw a grey squirrel timbering out which sally was following. It finally settlednwhen it hit a den. I leashes both dogs and was going to the truck when a man came walking toward me. He said they were going to be working on some gas wells and asked if I could leave the area. I made 7 trees saw 7 squirrels and shot 3 all in less than an hour so I was ok with going to the house. Will post a tailgate shot in a few minutes. Sorry for long post and thanks for looking._

Hunt em hard, cull em harder
Luther's Feist Kennels on Facebook

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-02-2017 06:07 PM
Luther's Fiest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luther's Fiest Click here to Send Luther's Fiest a Private Message Click Here to Email Luther's Fiest Find more posts by Luther's Fiest Add Luther's Fiest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Brown
New UKC Forum Member

Nice

Good looking dogs! sounds like they're putting in some good work.

Old Post 01-05-2017 01:53 AM
Josh Brown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Brown Click here to Send Josh Brown a Private Message Find more posts by Josh Brown Add Josh Brown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Luther's Fiest
UKC Forum Member

Re: Nice

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Brown
Good looking dogs! sounds like they're putting in some good work.

Thanks

Hunt em hard, cull em harder
Luther's Feist Kennels on Facebook

Old Post 01-07-2017 12:15 PM
Luther's Fiest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Luther's Fiest Click here to Send Luther's Fiest a Private Message Click Here to Email Luther's Fiest Find more posts by Luther's Fiest Add Luther's Fiest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote