UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Ohio Coon Season 2016
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Ohio Coon Season 2016

Another year of spring, summer and early fall behind us and here we go again!
I lost my older Jet 8 male recently to prostate cancer. I had to have him put down and that hurt of course. He was a nice fun dog to hunt and just be around. RIP Peace Jet 8s Cold Run Blue Rocket.
Still hunting Hook and Speck and both are finishing out nicely. Hook was in s few hunts this past year and won three cast with plus points and earned a second place. Speck was in one cast and did well for not being used to hunting with a pack of dogs.
I took on a partner on Hook and he likes the comp hunts much more than I do so I am sure Hook will get his fair share of those. Chuck has made a couple Grand Nights so he is more than capable of the task at hand. I am going to concentrate on Speck. She drew the short straw and got me.
As in 2014 and 2015 post all that you want or as little as you want and also include some pictures.
All have a safe season and have some fun with your Hounds, Family and Friends. Go Blue!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-18-2016 01:03 AM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Hope everyone has a safe and good season. I doubt with the prices I'll go after them too hard this year but I plan to do a decent but of hunting. I will be hunting

GRAND NITE CH MAIN STRET BLUEBERRY JAM

GRAND NITE CH MAIN STREET BLUE

Some of the coon seasons in the past.

GRAND NITE CH MAIN STREET IKE

GRAND NITE CH PKC CH NOCTURNAL MOUSE TRAP

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 10-18-2016 05:27 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cloverman
UKC Forum Member

From 2014 season

Old Post 10-18-2016 05:43 PM
Cloverman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cloverman Click here to Send Cloverman a Private Message Find more posts by Cloverman Add Cloverman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Trevor how far from Youngstown are you?

Last edited by Ron Jackson on 10-19-2016 at 01:38 AM

Old Post 10-18-2016 07:18 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Jackson
Trever how far from Youngstown are you?

Ron, I'm about 2 hours from Youngstown. I live right in the center of the state.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 10-18-2016 07:28 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Adams
Banned

We are counting down the days! Good luck to everyone!

Old Post 10-18-2016 08:06 PM
Doug Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Adams Click here to Send Doug Adams a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Adams Find more posts by Doug Adams Add Doug Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Ohio Hunting Season

I too am anxiously awaiting our opening season. My Ole Gr. Nt. who will be 9 years old on Oct 20th. Is about to go into at the very least semi-retirement this season as I plan to put as many nights as possible on her little girl who just turned 15 months old. Her name is Hooper Ridge Wicked Lizzie. I will post pictures from time to time when coon season comes in.

Mr. Ron Jackson how far are you from Youngstown? My Step-Son opened an All-State insurance agency in Boardman about a year ago, but just bought a house in Cuyahoga Falls. I think we are planning to go there for Thanksgiving. I was thinking of maybe taking my hounds along and finding somebody up that way to hunt with for a night or two. His In-Laws live just south of Boardman In Greenford. What great coonhunting it looks like up there. Have not made my mind up for sure but would love to hunt that area. A friend of the family that helped out in the wedding told me a good hound could tree upwards of 200 coon in a season if a guy was serious about hunting coon. All I know is the rolling hills, cornfields, and patchwoods sure does look appealing to a coon hunter LOL!!

Good Hunting to all!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 10-18-2016 10:05 PM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Dave and Trevor I live In Lisbon, just about 5 minutes from the Lisbon Coon Club. Dave, Lisbon is only about 15 to 20 minutes from Greenford. Would Love to hunt with both you guys this season. I have been stomping these same woods for about 45 of my 57 years.

Old Post 10-19-2016 01:36 AM
Rocketman55
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the invitation Ron, That would be awesome. I will find out from my wife just how long she plans to visit her baby boy, and if we are going to be there a couple days or so, I will get back in touch and bring a hound along.

If not during my Thanksgiving visit, maybe on another trip as I know just how crazy my area gets those few days before deer gun season. Talk to you later on, and again Thanks so much for the invite!!!

Glouster, Ohio 45732
Home To:
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Hang'em High Holly
Gr.Nt.Ch. Hooper Ridge Rockets Top Gun.
Gr.Nt.Ch.Hooper Ridge Rocket
Gr.Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Dolly
Nt.Ch Hooper Ridge Queen
Nt.Ch Raw Dawg Rowdy
PR Tree Banging Buddy
HOOPER RIDGE ENGLISH-POUND FOR POUND THEY ARE ONE TOUGH HOUND!!!!

Old Post 10-19-2016 02:50 AM
Rocketman55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rocketman55 Click here to Send Rocketman55 a Private Message Click Here to Email Rocketman55 Find more posts by Rocketman55 Add Rocketman55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Jackson
Dave and Trevor I live In Lisbon, just about 5 minutes from the Lisbon Coon Club. Dave, Lisbon is only about 15 to 20 minutes from Greenford. Would Love to hunt with both you guys this season. I have been stomping these same woods for about 45 of my 57 years.

Be glad to take you our Ron you just let me know when works for you.

Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 10-19-2016 05:23 PM
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Btt

Old Post 11-08-2016 10:53 AM
CHEWBACH
UKC Forum Member

ready

iam ready!! gonna restrain from killing as many this season!! or try!!youngest is 18 mts now so! gotta keep some for spring for the litter of pups! good luck to all!!

Old Post 11-08-2016 02:48 PM
CHEWBACH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHEWBACH Click here to Send CHEWBACH a Private Message Find more posts by CHEWBACH Add CHEWBACH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Have fun Carson!

Old Post 11-08-2016 05:00 PM
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Tonight at mid night!

Old Post 11-09-2016 05:45 PM
Doug Adams
Banned

We are all charged up and ready to go! Let's hope the dogs are lol! Good luck everybody!!

Old Post 11-09-2016 08:04 PM
Doug Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Adams Click here to Send Doug Adams a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Adams Find more posts by Doug Adams Add Doug Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cloverman
UKC Forum Member

All ready to go.working on a nice dog this year out of wessel's wild butch.

Old Post 11-09-2016 08:30 PM
Cloverman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cloverman Click here to Send Cloverman a Private Message Find more posts by Cloverman Add Cloverman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

I hunted at about 7 last night, It was kind of rough hunting and I didn't pack a gun, don't intend to shoot many this year.

First cut Jam had to go 700 yards before getting struck in about 10 minutes and it didn't run far. She had a big coon up that one. I re casted her and she treed in 2 minutes on a huge oak tree. Couldn't find it, I'd say it was slick. Re casted her she ran a nice 200 yard track and slammed a big beech den tree.

Next cut Blue he ran a nice short track and treed in 5 minutes and was slick on a good size oak tree. Re casted him he went 300 yards and treed on a big den that always has a coon in it.

Casted Jam next she had to get deep again and was treed in about 15 minutes and had a big coon up a huge oak tree. Re casted her and she went another 400 yards and slam dunked another tree that I couldn't find.

Next casted Blue in a pine forest and much to my surprise he slammed a coon 300 yards in but left the tree with a coon in it before we got there. Have no idea why he hasn't done that for months.

I wouldn't exactly call in a successful hunt but wasn't a total waste either. It was very chilly and very clear out.

Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 11-10-2016 03:35 PM
Doug Adams
Banned

We went from 12-6.. treed 3 on the outside, 2 dens, 1 slick and 2 holes! If we'd caught a possum we'd had the hat trick! Lol

We had a good time and it was nice out!

Here is a pic of my Son with his 2 fat and sassy hounds..

Old Post 11-10-2016 03:54 PM
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Looking good Doug.

Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 11-10-2016 04:41 PM
Doug Adams
Banned

Thanks Trevor! Sounds like you had a good hunt yourself.. Looks like tonight should be a decent night..

Old Post 11-10-2016 04:46 PM
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Wow what a night!

For all the wrong reasons.... Saw a couple coons last night but the dog work was very poor. A lot of coon hunting not so much coon treeing.

Old Post 11-11-2016 07:12 PM
boxmandan
UKC Forum Member

Season

Awful bright , didnt seem to be moving too much. Guess i.ll hit big woods till this moon goes down

Old Post 11-11-2016 07:34 PM
boxmandan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for boxmandan Click here to Send boxmandan a Private Message Click Here to Email boxmandan Find more posts by boxmandan Add boxmandan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Adams
Banned

It was like daylight out there tonight.. we treed 3 but they didn't seem to be moving much..

Old Post 11-12-2016 09:33 AM
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

Had a good hunt with Jam and Blue last night. Didn't get started until the moon was already up big. Jam went 2 for 2 in short order and Blue slammed a coon and a big den. I also treed a big ol turkey lol

Nice night for clear and a big bright moon. \

Mr Turkey

Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 11-16-2016 02:59 PM
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

The last 5 night's have been great. Not hunting but a few hours each night but both dogs doing a real nice job. I think I will try the camera tonight.

Old Post 11-16-2016 05:08 PM