UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Big Game Hunting > Walker lines
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
TINK
UKC Forum Member

Walker lines

I have been looking for some time now for a line of walkers that has an outstanding nose like can grub a track consistently that's 12 hours old and will pull hair on bear now I have right now a mike Kemp bred male and a neosho house bred female now the female seems to have a good nose so far but still young and the male he has everything I want but the nose wish he had a colder nose just wondering if there is a walker line out there like this just looking for some input thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-02-2016 06:46 PM
TINK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TINK Click here to Send TINK a Private Message Find more posts by TINK Add TINK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TINK
UKC Forum Member

They don't have to be reg walkers either just walker looking I guess is what I'm looking for

Old Post 10-03-2016 12:44 PM
TINK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TINK Click here to Send TINK a Private Message Find more posts by TINK Add TINK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harrington
UKC Forum Member

house

hey tink , its jerry harington from ny , i met you a few years back i came out with my soninllaw and picked up couple pups , that male from mike that adam got off you does what you are looking for , better yet that last cross of meyers and neosho is great ,ours is proving to be great cold nose and very gritty , they all need time to perfect it ! our latest prodject is all nance bred on bottom , white cloud on top , only 5 months old but very gritty and smart

Old Post 10-04-2016 02:00 AM
harrington is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harrington Click here to Send harrington a Private Message Find more posts by harrington Add harrington to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TINK
UKC Forum Member

Yeah I should have toughed it out and kept him the female I got would be a half sister to your neosho pups they have the same sire and yeah your newest project there I like the sound of his breeding nance and white cloud have to let me know how it does

Old Post 10-04-2016 01:18 PM
Doug Temple
UKC Forum Member

Walker lines

I looked for a long time and tried a lot of all kind of breeds. I raised 25 pups in two years out of plots blue ticks walkers b&t . The only breed I found that was what close to what I wanted is the White Cloud and Nance bred walkers.

Old Post 10-09-2016 12:13 AM
Doug Temple is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Temple Click here to Send Doug Temple a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Temple Find more posts by Doug Temple Add Doug Temple to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Re: Walker lines

quote:
Originally posted by Doug Temple
I looked for a long time and tried a lot of all kind of breeds. I raised 25 pups in two years out of plots blue ticks walkers b&t . The only breed I found that was what close to what I wanted is the White Cloud and Nance bred walkers.
will you please call me , got ? for you about your dogs.252-315-2578

Old Post 10-29-2016 08:46 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JSAWYER
UKC Forum Member

nose

doug there are 2mails that have all the nose and grit you can want mike kennedy in Maysville has a reg plot, billy waters Vanceboro has a b&t also. I have 1 male 2females off plot 2 trail good haven't tried the other. I have a mail off b&t that looks like he will be close 2 his sire but 2 early 2 tell I would breed 2 both

Old Post 11-02-2016 10:40 PM
JSAWYER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JSAWYER Click here to Send JSAWYER a Private Message Find more posts by JSAWYER Add JSAWYER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Temple
UKC Forum Member

Nose and speed

Didn't think too much shout speed until I hunted in Maine. Those bears have got their tennis shoes on. The white Cloud seem to have that. But I've seen.more good English as a whole just don't seem to have the speed. But my fasted 2 are part English. Looking for a good male to bred to that has nose and speed.

Old Post 11-05-2016 02:07 AM
Doug Temple is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Temple Click here to Send Doug Temple a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Temple Find more posts by Doug Temple Add Doug Temple to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Temple
UKC Forum Member

Nose and speed

Didn't think too much shout speed until I hunted in Maine. Those bears have got their tennis shoes on. The white Cloud seem to have that. But I've seen.more good English as a whole just don't seem to have the speed. But my fasted 2 are part English. Looking for a good male to bred to that has nose and speed.

Old Post 11-05-2016 02:07 AM
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

i have a walker male here out of house rebel that will put wings on your puppys if you want to breed to him.i only have puppy papers on him and dont plan on sending them in .he throws some nice leggy pups that run with their heads shoulder high,any dogs who put their nose to the ground will get left behind.. been hunted on coon,, coon havent been making it to tree last few yrs. been catching and killing them,only got one thing on his mind when he smells a track and that is to catch and kill..

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 01-13-2017 06:26 AM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cranberry
UKC Forum Member

Here's you a good Bear Hound. I've treed several bear with him solo

Old Post 01-24-2017 05:51 AM
cranberry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cranberry Click here to Send cranberry a Private Message Find more posts by cranberry Add cranberry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TBBLUE
UKC Forum Member

I've seen a few good walkers but not a high percentage in any 1 line. C them here and there n bred different.

Old Post 01-26-2017 03:40 AM
TBBLUE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TBBLUE Click here to Send TBBLUE a Private Message Find more posts by TBBLUE Add TBBLUE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote