UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Dog Supply Vendors > The new Horizon Fire by Sunspot
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
joey
UKC Forum Member

Exclamation The new Horizon Fire by Sunspot

First I would like to say thank you to everyone that has purchased a light. I have made more friends in this business than any other I could imagine. Coon hunting is a brother hood that I am proud to be a part of.

We have taken every suggestion that we were capable of doing over the last year and put it into this new light.
We placed the switch inside the head. We made clips and placed them on the head and the battery box. It can be taken off our bump cap and placed on a soft cap in less than a minute. Even though we are using clips instead of hard mounting it, it’s completely solid. No giggling, moving around or falling off. We are using the Ridge line bump caps that are more comfortable than our previous bump caps.

We moved the colors inside the head, it has double walking lights that are a natural color and use a newer generation led than before. A red and a green, we can do amber on request. Each color and the walking lights have hi and low and are brighter than before.

We all know that eventually the battery will go out on a light. Because we have a life time warranty on our lights we made it so the battery can be unplugged and replaced. So if in the future you have battery problems we can send one to you to replace in a few minutes and will not have all the down time of sending it in.

The main beam is the same as the original Horizon.

Red burns for 11 hours

Green burns for 12.5 hours

Flooded white burns for 15 hours

First position with a spot is 135 hours

Second spot position is 35 hours

LIFE TIME WARRANTY! All you pay is the shipping after 2 years

High is 2.5 hours
Price is $295

Sorry about the quality of these pics I will get better ones when we slow down.

This one shows the clips. They are as stable as I have ever seen. Our bumps will come with a small clip on the back. It is so solid on a bump you have to wrestle it off. Then you can take it off and just slip the adjustment strap on the back of a soft cap under the clip on the battery box. You can not feel the clip on the on the soft cap. I had several people try it

This is a pic of the switch and the clip mounted on the front.

This is it mounted on a ridge line bump cap. You can see how it clips on the back.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Last edited by joey on 11-11-2016 at 03:03 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-25-2016 04:26 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I will get some later today, the head is the same size. It just does not have the attachment anymore.

Home Of:

Old Post 08-25-2016 05:40 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for all you do to bring innovative products to us coonhunters..Built by a coonhunter for coonhunters!!

Old Post 08-25-2016 09:52 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JPRITCHARD
UKC Forum Member

By far the best light out there and great costumer service !!! Can't wait to see the light .

Old Post 08-26-2016 03:33 AM
JPRITCHARD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JPRITCHARD Click here to Send JPRITCHARD a Private Message Find more posts by JPRITCHARD Add JPRITCHARD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Pictures.....

Mike,
Looks good.......I really like the Switch on the Head.
Can you post a picture where we can see inside the head at the colored LED's & the Reflector ?
Thanks...Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 08-26-2016 11:46 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I'll get one for you tim.

I just did an edit to the main post because I forgot to mention the life time warranty. After 2 years all you pay is the return shipping. So one of the things we did was make the battery so it just plugs and unplugs. So if your battery goes out just give us a call and we can send a replacement. To avoid all the down time. Thanks

Home Of:

Old Post 08-26-2016 02:18 PM
Sam Davis
UKC Forum Member

Michael looks good and certainly some good features for bump cap lights.

WWW.NITEHUNTERS.COM
731-632-0489
rats@nitehunters.com

Old Post 08-26-2016 03:22 PM
Sam Davis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sam Davis Click here to Send Sam Davis a Private Message Click Here to Email Sam Davis Visit Sam Davis's homepage! Find more posts by Sam Davis Add Sam Davis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well Started
UKC Forum Member

What's the weight of this light with a bump cap? Thanks.

Old Post 08-26-2016 07:50 PM
Well Started is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Well Started Click here to Send Well Started a Private Message Find more posts by Well Started Add Well Started to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sam Davis
Great praise from a master at his craft also..Its great to see the fellowship amongst this elite group of gentleman!

Old Post 08-26-2016 07:55 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Well Started
What's the weight of this light with a bump cap? Thanks.

I need to weigh it at the post office. I can not tell a difference in it and the Horizon.

Home Of:

Old Post 08-26-2016 10:47 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sam Davis

Thanks Sam, come by my booth at Oaks and visit a while. Always enjoy talking to you.

Home Of:

Old Post 08-26-2016 10:48 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

I have to get this light on my website. Until then if you order a Horizon you will recieve this new light thanks.

Also we have brought the HD back at $200, A LOT of people are using the HD. Its a hard light to beat at any price. Its really hard at $200

Home Of:

Old Post 08-26-2016 10:53 PM
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

technology

i am amazed how far along lights have came from me being a kid with a sagging wheat light on my side, then a prowler and and hand spot light , once bigger i 'grew into' a sunburst eagle 2 and thought i was something. now look, everything you need on your cap with no cords!

Old Post 08-27-2016 01:24 AM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAVE H
UKC Forum Member

Do they come on or with a soft cap with liner?
If not do you sell the soft cap with liner as well, I would like to try one however not sure I can handle it as any hat other than the bump caps give me a headaches.

BLUE GHOST HAUNTED SKY

Old Post 08-27-2016 11:56 AM
DAVE H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAVE H Click here to Send DAVE H a Private Message Click Here to Email DAVE H Find more posts by DAVE H Add DAVE H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bolden1
UKC Forum Member

Lights

I used to switch lights every year sometimes twice. I've had my light for two years and the HD is by far the most dependable brightest light and I'm always rough on lights. Either from the competition hunts or through the rough mountains pleasure hunting Eastern Ky. But the light is and will always be on my head as long as you keep making them.

2005 ukc Wldntch Grntch Bolden & Turpins
Insane jane. Handler/past owner
2005 over all setwd over all winner nt.ch
Bentley high dollar Lucy
2006 akc national pup champion Drop Dead
Fred ( Handler/ past owner)
2008 Ukc Ky State Champion Grntch High X
Pectations ( Handler / past owner)
2009 akc Ky State Champion Grntch
Hardwood X Press ( handler/ trainer)

Gr.Nt.Ch Big D & Joplins Super Sally

Old Post 08-27-2016 04:56 PM
Bolden1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bolden1 Click here to Send Bolden1 a Private Message Find more posts by Bolden1 Add Bolden1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DAVE H
Do they come on or with a soft cap with liner?
If not do you sell the soft cap with liner as well, I would like to try one however not sure I can handle it as any hat other than the bump caps give me a headaches.

Yes you can get it with on a soft cap with liner, I personally like the bump better and we have a real comfortable one.

Home Of:

Old Post 08-28-2016 11:01 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lights

quote:
Originally posted by Bolden1
I used to switch lights every year sometimes twice. I've had my light for two years and the HD is by far the most dependable brightest light and I'm always rough on lights. Either from the competition hunts or through the rough mountains pleasure hunting Eastern Ky. But the light is and will always be on my head as long as you keep making them.

Thanks!

Home Of:

Old Post 08-28-2016 11:02 PM
Marcus McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

JOEY, I HAVE GOT SEVERAL QUESTIONS FOR YOU. 1ST..IS IT AS BRIGHT AS THE HORIZON ? 2ND... IS THE RED AN AMBER LED COLORS BRIGHTER ? 3RD.... DOES THE NEW BUMP CAP FIT LOWER ON YOUR HEAD ?

Last edited by Marcus McDaniel on 08-30-2016 at 02:43 AM

Old Post 08-30-2016 02:39 AM
Marcus McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus McDaniel Click here to Send Marcus McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email Marcus McDaniel Find more posts by Marcus McDaniel Add Marcus McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Marcus McDaniel
JOEY, I HAVE GOT SEVERAL QUESTIONS FOR YOU. 1ST..IS IT AS BRIGHT AS THE HORIZON ? 2ND... IS THE RED AN AMBER LED COLORS BRIGHTER ? 3RD.... DOES THE NEW BUMP CAP FIT LOWER ON YOUR HEAD ?

Yes, yes and yes.

Home Of:

Old Post 08-30-2016 10:27 PM
Smoke
UKC Forum Member

I have a couple cap lights mounted on the Ridgeline cap one is the older version of this light. It is the best bump cap I have wore

Old Post 08-30-2016 11:31 PM
Smoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoke Click here to Send Smoke a Private Message Find more posts by Smoke Add Smoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

We are at oaks today, come by to visit a little while and check out the new light. Thanks

Home Of:

Old Post 09-01-2016 12:21 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for a great Oaks, it was the best year we have had to date. Got to visit with a lot of people and really enjoyed it. Especially wanted to thank everyone that took the time to wish my wife well and let her know they are praying for her.

I wanted to thank everyone that came out to spend your hard earned money this year. I don’t mean just with me but with every one of the vendors. Almost all of us are small family owned businesses and it takes you guys to put food on our tables. We try to never forget that. THANKS!

Home Of:

Old Post 09-05-2016 01:33 AM
Marcus McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

Joey, Can you mount my Sunfire Horizon on the new bump hat ?

Old Post 09-05-2016 06:34 AM
Marcus McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus McDaniel Click here to Send Marcus McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email Marcus McDaniel Find more posts by Marcus McDaniel Add Marcus McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Marcus he can...We mounted a few at oaks for customers

Old Post 09-05-2016 04:19 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Marcus McDaniel
Joey, Can you mount my Sunfire Horizon on the new bump hat ?

Will not be a problem.

Home Of:

Old Post 09-07-2016 02:12 PM