UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Hunting Programs :: Dog Events :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Registrations > 2 breeds ok to reg?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bo.johnson2198
New UKC Forum Member

2 breeds ok to reg?

Just checking because I haven't done this before.....

I have a registered PR blue tick coonhound with good pedigree and thinking of breeding to a registered PR English red tick..... would there be any issues to get the litter all registered and papered if both parents are all PR with papers?
do you see any problems down the line for future breeding and paper work?
or anything I need to do different then registering as if I had breed the same breeds ?
I would like to be able to sell the pups I don't keep to future hunters....thanks!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-18-2017 09:00 PM
bo.johnson2198 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bo.johnson2198 Click here to Send bo.johnson2198 a Private Message Click Here to Email bo.johnson2198 Find more posts by bo.johnson2198 Add bo.johnson2198 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Smith

The litter would have to be registered as X-bred since the parents are 2 different breeds.

Old Post 01-18-2017 09:08 PM
Russell Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Russell Smith Click here to Send Russell Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Russell Smith Visit Russell Smith's homepage! Find more posts by Russell Smith Add Russell Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bo.johnson2198
New UKC Forum Member

since you obviously know much more about all this, can you give me a little more input and advice?

what does x bred mean and would that have an effect on selling the pups? especially for future breeding?

would I be better off in the long run to stay with 1 or the other breed or does it matter?
I have blues that I like and looking at some English that like and not sure what to do right now especially if I'm going to be in this long term?

thank you very much for the info and quick reply!
and I also sent a PM little bit ago too.

Old Post 01-18-2017 09:14 PM
bo.johnson2198 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bo.johnson2198 Click here to Send bo.johnson2198 a Private Message Click Here to Email bo.johnson2198 Find more posts by bo.johnson2198 Add bo.johnson2198 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Russell Smith

X-bred is for dogs that are not purebred or have an incomplete pedigree. If you want to register a purebred litter with us then you would have to breed your UKC registered dog to another UKC registered dog of the same breed.

Old Post 01-18-2017 09:26 PM
Russell Smith is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Russell Smith Click here to Send Russell Smith a Private Message Click Here to Email Russell Smith Visit Russell Smith's homepage! Find more posts by Russell Smith Add Russell Smith to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote