UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > pro plan
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ci1982
UKC Forum Member

pro plan

I'm thinking of switching to Purina pro plan sport.
anyone that feeds this have any impute on it.
Pro and cons you have seen. Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-16-2017 10:11 PM
Ci1982 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ci1982 Click here to Send Ci1982 a Private Message Find more posts by Ci1982 Add Ci1982 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: pro plan

quote:
Originally posted by Ci1982
I'm thinking of switching to Purina pro plan sport.
anyone that feeds this have any impute on it.
Pro and cons you have seen. Thanks

There are no Cons. You might look at Purina One as well. Both really good feeds.

Old Post 01-16-2017 11:26 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rob thompson
UKC Forum Member

It's up to your dog how good it is mine goes to crap on it, others do great.

Old Post 01-16-2017 11:34 PM
rob thompson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rob thompson Click here to Send rob thompson a Private Message Click Here to Email rob thompson Find more posts by rob thompson Add rob thompson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ci1982
UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys

Old Post 01-17-2017 12:05 AM
Ci1982 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ci1982 Click here to Send Ci1982 a Private Message Find more posts by Ci1982 Add Ci1982 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Calicooner
UKC Forum Member

Pro plan

My dogs did good on it but they kept raising the price and lowering the weight

Old Post 01-17-2017 01:24 AM
Calicooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Calicooner Click here to Send Calicooner a Private Message Find more posts by Calicooner Add Calicooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coonhunter00
UKC Forum Member

I recently switched back to Purina dog feed products after joint the Purina Points rewards club. I feed all mine Dog Chow with just a handful of Purina Pro Plan mixed in with each of theirfeed bowls and it works very well. However I also have one gyp that just don't like the Dog Chow and acts sick on it and I switched her to Purina One and she is doing real well on it also.

Old Post 01-17-2017 01:34 AM
coonhunter00 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coonhunter00 Click here to Send coonhunter00 a Private Message Click Here to Email coonhunter00 Find more posts by coonhunter00 Add coonhunter00 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tx Dave
UKC Forum Member

Pro Plan Sport

I have fed several different brands through the years and in my opinion Pro Plan is the best. I know there are some that say their dogs do not do good on it, but i believe these are rare instances. I have fed it for several years now and have not had a single dog that did not love it and look and perform well on it. You have very little waste with it and i mean very little like one very small pile of poop a day. The dog uses the Pro Plan instead of passing it out their back end. It also does not take a lot of it to keep a dog in good condition. When you do the math on it between the smaller portions you will feed with it and the weight circle program it is not that much more than the other feeds. I used to order mine from Chewy.com and have it delivered once a month, but i started getting it from Petco a few months ago. If you join their rewards program it is usually 4.00 of a bag and they are always sending out 20% off coupons. Since i swathed to Petco a few months ago i have not paid over 35.00 a bag for the sport. I go through one bag of Pro Plan Sport a week and as long as it does not double in price i will feed it from now on.

Old Post 01-17-2017 02:03 AM
Tx Dave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tx Dave Click here to Send Tx Dave a Private Message Click Here to Email Tx Dave Find more posts by Tx Dave Add Tx Dave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

ProPlan Sport

Pro Plan Sport is the only feed that will hit the mouths of my pups through the last breath of life. It is simply the best food I have used barring none, and it makes my hounds and pups look superb. GREAT FEED from a GREAT COMPANY!!!!!

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 01-17-2017 12:51 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
James Garrison
UKC Forum Member

I raised a litter of pups feeding dam during pregnacy pro sport and while nursing. These have been the fatest healthyest pups ever. I order from Amazon.com and get it delivered to my door at 35 a bag.

Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Hobo
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Luke
Gr. Nt. Ch. Garrisons Brindle Honey
Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Lead Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Belle
Nite Champion Garrisons Brindle Buckshot HTX
At Stud Grand Nite Ch. Garrisons Brindle Trax

Old Post 01-17-2017 03:48 PM
James Garrison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James Garrison Click here to Send James Garrison a Private Message Click Here to Email James Garrison Find more posts by James Garrison Add James Garrison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fdcooner
UKC Forum Member

I was feeding Diamond Naturals and the dogs looked good and performed well on it but their stools were loose and having 2-3 a day. I thought that was way to much waste so I did some research and switch to Pro Plan sport 26/16. The dogs still look great, I have to feed a little less at feedings and the dogs are only letting out 1 stool a day and they are well formed and solid. I have concrete kennel floors so when a dog is dropping loose stools it makes for a mess and its a big deal to me. I really like the pro plan. Just my 2 pennies.

GrNiteCh Allbees Little Ace
PR Gypsum Creek Shinin Red Ruby
PR Gypsum Creek Red Woody(Direct son of CedarValley Woodpecker)

Old Post 01-17-2017 07:05 PM
fdcooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fdcooner Click here to Send fdcooner a Private Message Click Here to Email fdcooner Find more posts by fdcooner Add fdcooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
muddymike55
UKC Forum Member

awesome

this is all my pup has been fed since I got him at 9weeks old pro plan puppy now switched to pro plan sport he loves it and looks great

Old Post 01-19-2017 05:27 PM
muddymike55 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for muddymike55 Click here to Send muddymike55 a Private Message Click Here to Email muddymike55 Find more posts by muddymike55 Add muddymike55 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

try 4 health at tractor supply you will like it a lot cheaper than pro plan and as good if not better

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 01-19-2017 05:29 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

Join the Pro Club.
I bought 2 bags of Proplan Sport, 1 Proplan Puppy and 2 cases of proplan cans for $102.

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 01-19-2017 05:38 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote