UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Curs and Feists > Mountain Cur Breeders
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ETA0K
New UKC Forum Member

Mountain Cur Breeders

Hello all,
My name is Edward and I am a disabled army vet (1st Air Cav.) and I now have the time to hunt squirrel since I live in Southern Illinois on Superior Lake, I purchased a Jack Russel terrier that was supposedly a squirrel dog not only was she not but she is a stubborn dog. Anyway have decided to get a Mountain Cur pup to train myself. What I am asking is there a listing somewhere that I can find Breeders in my area Or does anyone know of breeders in Mt. Vernon Illinois area or within 250 miles I wish to get a pup this spring and start my bonding and training. Thank you for your time in reading this.

Sincerely,
Edward

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-11-2016 02:30 PM
ETA0K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ETA0K Click here to Send ETA0K a Private Message Click Here to Email ETA0K Find more posts by ETA0K Add ETA0K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bobby Ellis
UKC Forum Member

cur

Look up the original mountain cur breeders association web site. Lots of good info on the breed and breeders. You can get a year book with breeders from everywhere. And look up squirrel dog central. And study what you want befor you buy. Have a good one

Old Post 12-11-2016 05:51 PM
Bobby Ellis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bobby Ellis Click here to Send Bobby Ellis a Private Message Find more posts by Bobby Ellis Add Bobby Ellis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nccatfisher
UKC Forum Member

You will get little to no info. on the website about info. on people in your area. Join the OMCBA and ask for last years yearbook if they have any they have a breakdown of members by state in there. Also you will get a new yearbook in July with this info.

REGISTRAR/SECRETARY/TREASURER:
Judy Poore 2475 Banner Springs Road
931-863-4699 Jamestown, TN 38556

https://sites.google.com/site/riverroadkennel/

Old Post 12-11-2016 11:52 PM
nccatfisher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nccatfisher Click here to Send nccatfisher a Private Message Click Here to Email nccatfisher Visit nccatfisher's homepage! Find more posts by nccatfisher Add nccatfisher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ETA0K
New UKC Forum Member

Update....

Thanks everyone for the information!
I found a breeder @ Missouri Ozarks Original Mountain Curs (Larry Akins) which is within the 250 miles I was willing to drive and from the research I've done thru omcba on his sires and dams they are of good stock, so thanks again for the help all. I am so blessed to be a part of this group and other groups dedicated to the Original Mountain Cur....
Sincerely,
Pastor Edward

Last edited by ETA0K on 12-13-2016 at 03:27 PM

Old Post 12-12-2016 07:33 AM
ETA0K is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ETA0K Click here to Send ETA0K a Private Message Click Here to Email ETA0K Find more posts by ETA0K Add ETA0K to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oak Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Couple of questions....

First, how soon do you want a pup, and secondly how far are you wanting to travel to pick up a pup.

I know a couple guys that either have pups now, or will have some in the near future....but none in your area.....

Old Post 12-12-2016 06:19 PM
Oak Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oak Ridge Click here to Send Oak Ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email Oak Ridge Find more posts by Oak Ridge Add Oak Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tabecherer
New UKC Forum Member

Call me I may be able to help you.
618-224-9185

Terrry

Old Post 12-15-2016 12:21 AM
tabecherer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tabecherer Click here to Send tabecherer a Private Message Find more posts by tabecherer Add tabecherer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Hewitt
New UKC Forum Member

pup

I am fairly close to you. Give me a call and I will tell you what I have. 641-919-6500

Old Post 12-15-2016 10:33 PM
John Hewitt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Hewitt Click here to Send John Hewitt a Private Message Find more posts by John Hewitt Add John Hewitt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hartmann
UKC Forum Member

Kemmer MT. Cur

Kemmer Stock Mountain Curs
I am a member of the Kemmer Stock Mt. Cur Breeders Association here are some members and/or breeders that are in Illinois

Patrich J. Blanton
707 Church street
Xenia, Il 62899
816-678-4144

Chip L. Judge
2434 Co Road E
Grayville, Il 62844
618-919-0040

Charles J. Koller Jr
2524 1450 Ave
Atlanta, Il 61723

Micheal C. Queenan
1 Barberry Drive
Hawthorn Woods, Il 60047
847-639-6568

I am also a three time combat Vet myself. I'm just hoping I don't have to go the 4th time before I retire next year.

Last edited by Hartmann on 12-30-2016 at 07:09 PM

Old Post 12-30-2016 06:27 PM
Hartmann is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hartmann Click here to Send Hartmann a Private Message Click Here to Email Hartmann Find more posts by Hartmann Add Hartmann to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chasec5308
UKC Forum Member

If you're looking for training tips or advice i recommend paying the 10 dollar a year subscription to squirrel dog central. It's been a extremely valuable tool for me as i was training my first squirrel dog pup and would recommend it to anyone..Lots of great guys on that site!

Old Post 02-27-2017 03:02 AM
chasec5308 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chasec5308 Click here to Send chasec5308 a Private Message Click Here to Email chasec5308 Find more posts by chasec5308 Add chasec5308 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote