UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Alpha deleting dog tracks
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cole Adams
UKC Forum Member

Alpha deleting dog tracks

Anyone know why my alpha is deleting my dogs tracks randomly? I have it set for dog tracks to stay on map for 2 hours.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-08-2020 04:46 AM
Cole Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cole Adams Click here to Send Cole Adams a Private Message Find more posts by Cole Adams Add Cole Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Could be several things. The most common is when your Handheld becomes full of info it erases the old to make room for the new. There are several different tracks the handheld saves. There are the tracks left by the handheld itself. There are dog tracks and it also saves and archives tracks. One the hand held there is a Track Manager Menu that you can use to delete unwanted tracks. Another method is to go to Trip Reset from you home page. I think it is on the third page. Select Reset but before you actually reset it. Look and it will tell you the percentage of usage. Kind of verifies for me what the problem is and if by resetting I am loving the problem. Anything over 80% and you can see different issued with tracks disappearing, and also map operation.
I have seen these handhelds so full of archived tracks that they would not even take an update. I am talking two or three years of this. Also another thing to consider. Did you buy your handheld new or used and have you had it a while. The first generation handheld came with an operating system of about half the size on the second generation handheld. Those had more problems with mapping and tracks going away. The first generation handhelds were the ones packed and sole with the TT10. I would also update your handheld once you clear out all the old tracks. Many people think that by selecting the Start New Hunt they are clearing all the tracks. That only does a portion of them.

Old Post 06-08-2020 12:44 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cole Adams
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Could be several things. The most common is when your Handheld becomes full of info it erases the old to make room for the new. There are several different tracks the handheld saves. There are the tracks left by the handheld itself. There are dog tracks and it also saves and archives tracks. One the hand held there is a Track Manager Menu that you can use to delete unwanted tracks. Another method is to go to Trip Reset from you home page. I think it is on the third page. Select Reset but before you actually reset it. Look and it will tell you the percentage of usage. Kind of verifies for me what the problem is and if by resetting I am loving the problem. Anything over 80% and you can see different issued with tracks disappearing, and also map operation.
I have seen these handhelds so full of archived tracks that they would not even take an update. I am talking two or three years of this. Also another thing to consider. Did you buy your handheld new or used and have you had it a while. The first generation handheld came with an operating system of about half the size on the second generation handheld. Those had more problems with mapping and tracks going away. The first generation handhelds were the ones packed and sole with the TT10. I would also update your handheld once you clear out all the old tracks. Many people think that by selecting the Start New Hunt they are clearing all the tracks. That only does a portion of them.

Thanks for your help. Track memory used was at 0% but archived tracks has an overwhelming amount. Is there a quicker way to delete them. I’m having to do it one at a time.

Old Post 06-09-2020 11:14 PM
Cole Adams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cole Adams Click here to Send Cole Adams a Private Message Find more posts by Cole Adams Add Cole Adams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I think the answer is NO. I did at one time about a year ago when messing with one. Find a button that allowed me to delete all of them at once on a friends unit. But perhaps due to updates that went away as I can't find it again. So my answer is no unless someone else can help out. And if they can I would like to know what software version they have.

Old Post 06-10-2020 10:33 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

How about doing a hard reset? will that erase all old tracks?

Old Post 06-10-2020 01:01 PM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark Zepp
UKC Forum Member

Just erase them one at a time Cole, that is a better solution than a hard reset. Worse case is about a 10 minute job.

Old Post 06-10-2020 01:40 PM
Mark Zepp is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Zepp Click here to Send Mark Zepp a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark Zepp Find more posts by Mark Zepp Add Mark Zepp to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cole Adams
UKC Forum Member

Deleted them all one at a time. Hunted last night and seemed to have fixed the problem. Thank everyone.

Old Post 06-10-2020 08:22 PM