UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Chewy.com
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

If we could get money out of politics this would be less of an issue. Maybe then HSUS would be forced to actually help animals instead of trying to further their own agenda under the mask of helping animals.

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-09-2020 05:32 AM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

Re: Stan

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Just like RIP said Purina is only donating feed to shelters and I support that. I have made myself very clear in stating that I am totally against HSUS itself. What you advocated was that Purina was in the same boat as Chewy and supporting HSUS, that was not correct. Misinformation and wanting everyone to abandon Purina was exactly what I was speaking against. I do not care if everyone stops using CHEWYS, but I am a staunch supporter of Purina and will continue to feed Purina. Dave
I said nothing about purina other than I don't use it, You Dave brought purina into this and then went on defending chewy, unbelievable. Just read the words that are there and practice your reading comprehension skills.

Last edited by Stan Ferrell on 06-09-2020 at 12:14 PM

Old Post 06-09-2020 12:05 PM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ghost14
UKC Forum Member

Unbelievable that hunters would defend the use of a company who turns around and hands the hunters money to an organization that is trying everything in their power to eliminate hunting!

Johnny Reb, no, not every feed manufacturer donates goods, services, or money to HSUS. You may like Purina products but don’t justify their use by lumping all dog food manufacturers into that category.

You fellas keep sending money to these companies and help them prosper and grow! Some of us aren’t ignorant, arrogant, or naive. We just choose to support those that support us, not those who would like to see us eliminated.

Stan was correct, handing money to someone that is using it against you means you don’t care about the future of hunting or you are stupid! It’s not real hard to understand! Calling someone close minded for taking a stand is about as arrogant as it gets.

Old Post 06-09-2020 03:25 PM
Ghost14 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ghost14 Click here to Send Ghost14 a Private Message Click Here to Email Ghost14 Find more posts by Ghost14 Add Ghost14 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

HSUS/CHEWYS

Talk about reading comprehension, I never defended C HEWYS in any of my posts and I made it very clear that I was against HSUS. Step back and look at these posts and you can see exactly why HSUS is such a threat, when as hunters we are so divided on even a simple subject as to dog feed. I have been a hunter for over 60 years and strongly support the right to hunt. You may have noticed that this thread did not get but a very few different posts from All the views that it got, what does that tell you? I definitely do not support HSUS in any way or do I use Chewys, my posts were always in support of Purina and Stan you suggested that Purina was a supporter of HSUS. I am done with this subject matter, wish everyone the best. Dave

Old Post 06-09-2020 10:39 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ghost14
Unbelievable that hunters would defend the use of a company who turns around and hands the hunters money to an organization that is trying everything in their power to eliminate hunting!

Johnny Reb, no, not every feed manufacturer donates goods, services, or money to HSUS. You may like Purina products but don’t justify their use by lumping all dog food manufacturers into that category.

You fellas keep sending money to these companies and help them prosper and grow! Some of us aren’t ignorant, arrogant, or naive. We just choose to support those that support us, not those who would like to see us eliminated.

Stan was correct, handing money to someone that is using it against you means you don’t care about the future of hunting or you are stupid! It’s not real hard to understand! Calling someone close minded for taking a
stand is about as arrogant as it gets.

I’m not defending nor condemning Purina because I don’t know the answer to the question. I also don’t feed Purina my point is you can’t boycott every company that does something that we don’t agree with. I would like feverything I purchase to be AMERICAN made. I would like to boycott Chinese made goods but it can’t be done. If Purina has donated to HSUS I’m sure there not the only ones to do so.

Old Post 06-09-2020 10:43 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug C
UKC Forum Member

I was not trying to start an argument about purina, as that's what I have feed for years, but just look it up just google does purina donate to HSUS and see for yourself I would say it would be hard to find a major dog food company that didn't

Last edited by Doug C on 06-09-2020 at 11:27 PM

Old Post 06-09-2020 10:48 PM
Doug C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug C Click here to Send Doug C a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug C Find more posts by Doug C Add Doug C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roco7452
UKC Forum Member

Boycott

Good post Stan, if we don't stand up against people that are trying to destroy or take away our freedom and rights, they will be taken. Boycott and then VOTE this year.

Old Post 06-09-2020 11:12 PM
roco7452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roco7452 Click here to Send roco7452 a Private Message Click Here to Email roco7452 Find more posts by roco7452 Add roco7452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote