UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Flea & Tick
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AKE
UKC Forum Member

Flea & Tick

What is everyone using for flea and tick on your hounds in the summer.
Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-04-2020 10:08 PM
AKE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AKE Click here to Send AKE a Private Message Find more posts by AKE Add AKE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Advantix II

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 06-04-2020 11:32 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

I use Simparica tablets. Also spray the dogs with Permethrin just before I hunt.

Old Post 06-05-2020 12:48 AM
Preacher Tom is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

I'm lazy forgetful. I use seresto collars.

Old Post 06-05-2020 03:18 AM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Preacher Tom
I use Simparica tablets. Also spray the dogs with Permethrin just before I hunt.

X2 plus I use seresto collars

Old Post 06-05-2020 08:47 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

I use Nexguard flea and tick pill . I order it from Australia cost about 60 $ for 6 pills I buy the ones for bug dog's and break them in half get 12 doses out of them .

Old Post 06-07-2020 02:23 AM
George pouliott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for George pouliott Click here to Send George pouliott a Private Message Click Here to Email George pouliott Find more posts by George pouliott Add George pouliott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DOUG CHEEK
UKC Forum Member

George---How do U know what half has the most medicine in it
one half with no medicine --other half with all the medicine --

same as HEARTGUARD --U buy the pill for the correct weight dog because u might not be treating one of your DOGS

ALWAYS GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

Old Post 06-07-2020 01:48 PM
DOUG CHEEK is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DOUG CHEEK Click here to Send DOUG CHEEK a Private Message Click Here to Email DOUG CHEEK Find more posts by DOUG CHEEK Add DOUG CHEEK to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BAS
UKC Forum Member

Advantix II is the best I have used.
It not only keeps the ticks and fleas off it keeps the flies and mosquitoes off your dog also

Old Post 06-07-2020 03:53 PM
BAS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BAS Click here to Send BAS a Private Message Click Here to Email BAS Find more posts by BAS Add BAS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2nd Mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DOUG CHEEK

same as HEARTGUARD --U buy the pill for the correct weight dog because u might not be treating one of your DOGS

I know probably 20 people that do this and never have a flea or tick problem. I even cut them up smaller for the house dog with great results.

Old Post 06-07-2020 09:37 PM
2nd Mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2nd Mac Click here to Send 2nd Mac a Private Message Find more posts by 2nd Mac Add 2nd Mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by DOUG CHEEK

BS These chews are uniform throughout. I've been cutting up the up to 120lb chews since their inception several years ago and they work just fine. Before tick prevention was included I used the Comfortis tablet for fleas the same way. My vet knows I do this and agrees it is a great cost saving measure when you have multiple dogs to treat. I even crumble up a tiny bit of one for the cat.
Nexgard is my choice in monthly flea and tick regimen for anything over 8 weeks old.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 06-07-2020 09:56 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

Well I'm not a chemist so truthfully I don't know which side has what . But what I do know is I don't have a flea or tick problem on any dog in the yard . And I've never had an issue with one acting like it got too much of a dosage . Also liquid ivermectin kills ticks if used regularly . I refuse to use anything that drives fleas away ! I am out for them like these country boy's after these pythons down here . No holds barred to the death and extermination of everyone I come across .

Old Post 06-07-2020 10:26 PM
George pouliott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for George pouliott Click here to Send George pouliott a Private Message Click Here to Email George pouliott Find more posts by George pouliott Add George pouliott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote