UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > Choosing the right Stud
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BLAKE WHEELER
Shotgun Red.

Littermate to Crow wasn't he ? I've got one out of Crow that has the motor,mouth,accuracy,looks,temperament. ....just comes up short on nose and trailing ability for my personal preference. Wicked in good huntin and in poor huntin he's still get under one or two a night somewhere. I like listening to a dog trail not watching them fade on garmin.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-26-2020 06:35 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
That must have been another Fancy. By herself, she would tree close but with other dogs she didn't start looking for a coon until she was 4-500 yds.
Nope, we were hunting Rhonda, Fancy and my pup Bo.

Old Post 06-26-2020 06:54 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Littermate to Crow wasn't he ? I've got one out of Crow that has the motor,mouth,accuracy,looks,temperament. ....just comes up short on nose and trailing ability for my personal preference. Wicked in good huntin and in poor huntin he's still get under one or two a night somewhere. I like listening to a dog trail not watching them fade on garmin.
Yes sir he was, that was his only downfall was he out ran his mouth in the hills. Flat land you could hear him decent but if we were hunting in the hills he was hard to hear.

Old Post 06-26-2020 06:56 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
okreddog56
UKC Forum Member

MY GRNITE(2)DAZY FEMALE THE ONLY WAY SHE WAS TREED WITH ANOTHER DOG IN A HUNT WAS IT CAME IN AND BACKED HER SHE MAY BE CLOSE AND ALONE OR DEEP AND ALONE.

Grnite.ch.Grch.Hicks Rusty .GRNITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY COOTER .GRNITECH(2)GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY DAZY. .NITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS COON CRAZY JUNEBUG GR.NITECH.GRCH.SIMPSONS RUSTY RED CUDA . GRNITECH.PKC CH. CHKC CH. TANK. CH.GRNITECH.MYATT CREEK LUCY.CH.GRFDCH.GRNITECH.WADES TREE TIGHT TINA.CH.NITECH.RUSTY RED RUTH

Old Post 06-27-2020 06:28 AM
okreddog56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for okreddog56 Click here to Send okreddog56 a Private Message Click Here to Email okreddog56 Find more posts by okreddog56 Add okreddog56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
George pouliott
UKC Forum Member

I always like when yall add in names and owners of a lot of these type of dog's . Most don't advertise much if at all .

I do notice a lot of your bigger winner's are a lot older and seem to get that lonely independent type over time . Meaning for sure at 4 and 5 they are really nice and still have lots of go . Course I know some are just that way from the beginning but harder to find .

I'm hoping to draw some nice ones at National day's . I may and may not have a dog to bring that'll be ready . Red is probably a little too cold nosed for thicker coons in cornfields . I am slimming down on dog's due to limited hunting time so my pickings of what to bring will be limited on what I keep . Though I'm sure any of my culls will at least steal some point's on tree lol .

I also did notice a lot of these hard going independent type dog's litters are rarely advertised because they are booked before born it seems so we never really even know about the x unless it's just advertised as a x but booked . Most of them guy's have a pretty good circle and people know they are producing nice one's so the wait list stays long .

Old Post 06-27-2020 12:04 PM
George pouliott is offline Click Here to See the Profile for George pouliott Click here to Send George pouliott a Private Message Click Here to Email George pouliott Find more posts by George pouliott Add George pouliott to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

Heck I may just go to red days and spectate with some of these big timers, at least I'd save some money on the entry fee's.

Old Post 06-29-2020 05:16 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Blake, Forum dogs and dogs that are actually hunted at Redbone Days are usually not the same dogs for some reason.

Old Post 06-29-2020 05:53 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Blake, Forum dogs and dogs that are actually hunted at Redbone Days are usually not the same dogs for some reason.
I mainly meant Jared

Old Post 06-29-2020 07:06 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, he will really be hard to deal with if you start calling him a big timer. I remember last year when Don Barnette and I hunted with Jared the night before Redbone Days and Banks treed his first coon. Jared got as excited as a 16 yr old kid and ran all of the way back to his Jeep to get a rifle.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 06-29-2020 at 08:25 PM

Old Post 06-29-2020 08:17 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Oh my goodness, he will really be hard to deal with if you start calling him a big timer. I remember last year when Don Barnette and I hunted with Jared the night before Redbone Days and Banks treed his first coon. Jared got as excited as a 16 yr old kid and ran all of the way back to his Jeep to get a rifle.
Where have you been Richard, I've always called Jared a big timer or a Pro.

Old Post 06-30-2020 02:47 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I wondered why he liked you so much.

Old Post 06-30-2020 10:49 PM
jkhutch
UKC Forum Member

I just keep reading the book that Blake Wheeler and Adam Wingler wrote on “how to raise champion redbones”. It’s been good to me on training my dogs. You guys should get your own copy.

GRNTCH PKC Ch PR Hutch's Big Walnut Boone HTX DNA-V(Haze X Reba)-
2 Time UKC World Top 100
UKC World Top 20 (13th)
UKC Purina Redbone of the year
PKC Redbone CH
UKC Top Producers List
UKC Winter Classic High Scoring Redbone
Co owned with Richard Lambert

NtCh Hard Times Cash( PR X PR) AKA "TOBB"

GrNtCh PKC Ch One Chance Fancy- (Boone X Toadie)
2018 Autumn Oaks Grand 16
2018 Grand National Redbone
2018 Redbones Days RQE 1st Place

Current youngins-
Big Walnuts Back Home Indiana (Shock X Fancy) Co owned with Roger Shabel
PR Big Walnuts River Banks (Fancy X Moose)

Walkers-
NTCh PKC CH Jeb’s Finley River Peanut- Co owned with Bishop Stallcop
Claremont PKC Legacy hunt Final 4
PKC Breeders Showcase Final 4
"PR" Big Walnuts Wacky Wally (Out of Brake Box)

Old Post 07-01-2020 05:46 PM
jkhutch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jkhutch Click here to Send jkhutch a Private Message Find more posts by jkhutch Add jkhutch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jkhutch
I just keep reading the book that Blake Wheeler and Adam Wingler wrote on “how to raise champion redbones”. It’s been good to me on training my dogs. You guys should get your own copy.
Now we see why you didn't get in at SS lmao

Old Post 07-01-2020 06:26 PM
Cody C
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BLAKE WHEELER
Biggest hunting and most consistent redbone I've been with was Shotgun Red. He was pretty much the same every night, through the country by himself with a coon. He was the type that when you cut loose he was looking to get away from the other dogs and get his own treed. And the more you hunted him the harder he went. And yes I agree Richard, the few times I've hunted with Fancy and Boone they were looking to get one treed by their self. Fancy seemed to be looking for a coon the moment you un snap her, if my memory is correct didn't she tree a coon like 10yds from the truck a couple nights before the purina nationals last year lol.

The night I drew Fancy she got deep and alone with a coon on the first drop. After the 2nd drop the other 3 dogs in the cast (mine included) were scratched on possum. Now hunting alone, Fancy appeared to be hunting closer and more thorough it seemed, treeing 2 more coons alone with a short walk to both. I was pretty impressed, and this won her the entire hunt that night. I bought a pup off her the day before and was thankful I did after seeing her in the woods that night.

I never did get a chance to hunt with Boone, but heard he would make you walk.

Old Post 07-01-2020 07:58 PM
Cody C is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cody C Click here to Send Cody C a Private Message Click Here to Email Cody C Find more posts by Cody C Add Cody C to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jkhutch

It was in limited print before the toilet paper shortage, so I doubt anyone could find a second copy.

Old Post 07-01-2020 08:12 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote