UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > ABTCHA Membership
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

ABTCHA Membership

Hello to anyone Reading this and thanks ,,

We as an association are approximately 1400 strong , as time has gone by all of us know that the number has been dropping ,,,

We as an association have a lot to offer , the WIF program , The Champions Classic , the top 12 shoot out , and most Importantly our Youth scholarship program ..

My question to all is how hard would it be for each member to go out and solicited one New member or even a family with kids ?
If your like me all of my hunting buddies in my area are off colored dog owners , and yes its hard to get them to sign up , but if they knew all the GOOD stuff we have to offer well maybe we could get them on board..

I will be at Autumn Oaks taking memberships , If you have a friend that would like to be a part of our Association and cant make the trip and your coming to AO bring his or her money and sign them up

Just think 1400 X 2 =2800 ,,, spread the word if you like what you heard

Thanks and hope to see you at AO

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-18-2014 06:35 PM
Darrell Eads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darrell Eads Click here to Send Darrell Eads a Private Message Click Here to Email Darrell Eads Find more posts by Darrell Eads Add Darrell Eads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
skidiver
UKC Forum Member

I've stated the same thing for yrs....on deaf ears. Membership is about 1000 off of what it was in the 90's. ...Doesn't take much effort to have a membership contest with the members signing up the most new people winning something....

Vast majority of members don't comp hunt or show. They just have B&Ts and want the yrbook to see what is out there. Other than the yrbook the Assc doesn't offer them much.

I also think some lost interest when the Assc didn't support the Breed Standards with these crossbreds being single registered that didn't make the Standards.. Why support an Assc that doesn't support their own Breed Standards??????????????????

Old Post 08-19-2014 12:00 AM
skidiver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for skidiver Click here to Send skidiver a Private Message Find more posts by skidiver Add skidiver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

it is a new century and nothing in our world we live in is the same ,, everybody's numbers are down , people come and people go ,
the price of living is up and dog food cost 3 times it did in the 90's

but having membership drive with a prize at the end I think is a great ideal , maybe something can be discussed to the board about that

as far as standers of the breed ,,,,, I don't want to debate that with you or any one , know one ever speaks of a beautiful Black & tan coon hound that is as pretty as a picture,,, but cant tree a coon go hunting , trail and tree ,,, should it be considered a coon dog ? yanking a bunch of show dog papers would be silly ,,, yanking a bunch of coondog papers would be too ,,, jmo , stay away from what you don't like the looks of or the ability of ,,,just saying

Old Post 08-19-2014 12:32 AM
Darrell Eads is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darrell Eads Click here to Send Darrell Eads a Private Message Click Here to Email Darrell Eads Find more posts by Darrell Eads Add Darrell Eads to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dawgg03
UKC Forum Member

AGREE skidiver

I use Sunfire lights

Last edited by dawgg03 on 08-19-2014 at 01:14 AM

Old Post 08-19-2014 01:12 AM
dawgg03 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dawgg03 Click here to Send dawgg03 a Private Message Click Here to Email dawgg03 Find more posts by dawgg03 Add dawgg03 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAVID CECIL
UKC Forum Member

AGREE eads

Old Post 08-19-2014 01:41 AM
DAVID CECIL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAVID CECIL Click here to Send DAVID CECIL a Private Message Click Here to Email DAVID CECIL Find more posts by DAVID CECIL Add DAVID CECIL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Riverbottom Ron
UKC Forum Member

HEY DARRELL

HOW MANY DO YOU THINK THAT GETS ON THIS B@T FORUM ARENT MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION ? ID bETT IT MIGHT SURPRIZE US HOW MANY ISNT MEMBERS OF THE ASSOC ,MAYBE WE OUGHT TO ASK AN SEE,,HAVE A BLESSED ONE MR DARRELL

ALWAYS REMEMBER GOD GAVE US FRIENDS AND COONHOUNDS, " I AM A GREATLY BLESSED",HIGHLY FAVORED" " IMPERFECT BUT FORGIVEN CHILD OF GOD "KEEP YOUR {FAITH IN GOD } FAITH SEES THE INVISIBLE,BELIEVES THE INCREDIBLE,AND RECIEVES THE IMPOSSIBLE. WERE BLESSED !!

Old Post 08-19-2014 02:16 AM
Riverbottom Ron is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Riverbottom Ron Click here to Send Riverbottom Ron a Private Message Find more posts by Riverbottom Ron Add Riverbottom Ron to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dawgg03
UKC Forum Member

I am Ron ask away

I use Sunfire lights

Old Post 08-19-2014 02:30 AM
dawgg03 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dawgg03 Click here to Send dawgg03 a Private Message Click Here to Email dawgg03 Find more posts by dawgg03 Add dawgg03 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

Revised membership drive ,, if you as a member want to participate we are going to award the top 3 sellers of a membership to our association a 3 year free membership worth $ 50 bucks , the number 1 seller will also receive a new Bright eyes light

this will start from Autumn Oaks to the next AO ,

I have the exact number of members 1277 ,,, lets see if we can double that by the year 2016

If 2 heads are better than one , well you know what can happen if we all pull this off, 2400 members would be awesome ,

Old Post 08-19-2014 02:40 AM
dawgg03
UKC Forum Member

I agree Darrell it would . But there has to be more than cost of living that's keeping people from joining. We need to know more of why . Then we can try to rebuild the breed memberships. 20 bucks is not going to break anyone. Just seems we are divided .

I use Sunfire lights

Old Post 08-19-2014 02:50 AM
dawgg03
UKC Forum Member

I will renew my membership this year as well as up coming years. Hope everyone else will as well but do hope we can all pull on the same side of the rope or at least more on the same side.

I use Sunfire lights

Old Post 08-19-2014 02:53 AM
Jim Frederick
UKC Forum Member

memberships

the book is worth the 20 , good idea darrell

Old Post 08-20-2014 02:27 AM
Jim Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Frederick Click here to Send Jim Frederick a Private Message Find more posts by Jim Frederick Add Jim Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

membership

I would like to become a member who do I contact to join

Old Post 08-21-2014 01:21 AM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trevorwade09
UKC Forum Member

I would like to join as well but I won't be at Autumn Oaks. What's the best way to go about it?

Old Post 08-21-2014 01:51 AM
trevorwade09 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trevorwade09 Click here to Send trevorwade09 a Private Message Click Here to Email trevorwade09 Find more posts by trevorwade09 Add trevorwade09 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

There's a sticky at the top of this page that spells out how to join the ABTCHA.

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Old Post 08-21-2014 02:27 AM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...eadid=928314301

Old Post 08-21-2014 03:17 PM
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

I just got word that our good friend Riverboat Captain Ron will also donate one of his famous calling Horns to the prize package of the top ABTCHA Recruiter

THANK YOU SO MUCH Ron

Old Post 08-22-2014 07:43 PM
bgs2009
UKC Forum Member

Just went to a B&T sectional this weekend and realized that i wasn't a member when i thought i was. I had signed up last year around October and thought it would come due again about that time. Might be some others out there that don't realize that like i did. I was probably told that it expired in the spring but im not very good listener.

Old Post 08-25-2014 05:55 PM
bgs2009 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bgs2009 Click here to Send bgs2009 a Private Message Find more posts by bgs2009 Add bgs2009 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darrell Eads
UKC Forum Member

Clay if your coming to AO maybe we can get you back on the list ,, or just go to the link above and send in your money ,,, we need and want you back in

Old Post 08-25-2014 11:05 PM