UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > These coonhunting chefs lol !
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

These coonhunting chefs lol !

On Facebook it don't matter what they cook at the end they always take a bite and say uuuuuuuuuuuum that's so delicious lol !

1. Flame kissed possum uuuuuuuuum that's so delicious!

2. Road kill baked skunk uuuuuuuuum that's so delicious!

It can't all taste good lol !

Tar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-21-2019 12:28 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adams, Harold
UKC Forum Member

When I was a teenager an old fellow that had us kill him a couple young groundhogs in early summer swore the best thing he ever ate was baked skunk...then he would say well I was a kid down in the hills and we hadn't ate for a couple days so that might of been why I remember I liked it...probably heard that story 50 times at least.

Old Post 03-21-2019 12:39 PM
Adams, Harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adams, Harold Click here to Send Adams, Harold a Private Message Click Here to Email Adams, Harold Find more posts by Adams, Harold Add Adams, Harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
morgan branch
UKC Forum Member

Ground hog is actually good. I have made it several times and it is really good.

Old Post 03-21-2019 02:11 PM
morgan branch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for morgan branch Click here to Send morgan branch a Private Message Find more posts by morgan branch Add morgan branch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

When I was a kid we used to kill groundhogs and my grandmother would cook them. They are a little greasy like pork but they were good. But back then, my brothers and I would leave out "hunting" in the morning and not come home until dark. We would catch and kill anything wild that moved and bring it home and my grandmother would cook it. I have eaten just about everything but a skunk. None of us would carry them home. And everything my grandmother cooked was uhmmmm good.

Old Post 03-21-2019 03:07 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

Seen a guy post on a beagle site the other day bbq coyote back straps. He took a bite and ummm ummm good.

Old Post 03-21-2019 03:18 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

One of the best meats I’ve tried that I was really skeptical of was mt. Lion loins. I would eat them again . Possum is another that if handled and prepared right suprised me. Not hungry enough to eat a coyote. I did eat dog in Cambodia and it wasn’t very good.

Old Post 03-21-2019 03:38 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Now if you had your choice of flame roasted possum, road kill baked skunk or hominy, which one do you think would taste better? Lol. Dave p.s. I know how much you like hominy.

Old Post 03-21-2019 11:40 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Now if you had your choice of flame roasted possum, road kill baked skunk or hominy, which one do you think would taste better? Lol. Dave p.s. I know how much you like hominy.

Hominy lol. I like grits and corn but I just got burnt out on hominy lol. But down on those bayous were I grew up we ate anything. People make fun of carp but when the spring rains came we gigged them with pitch forks and grandma pressure cooked them and canned them they made the best salmon patties accept it wasent salmon lol. Had huge bull frogs down home could catch fresh blue crabs with a chicken neck , string and a dip net. Used a throw net to catch shrimp. Had a lot of gumbo.

Tar

Old Post 03-22-2019 12:04 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Dang, I love frog legs and gumbo, sounds like you ate pretty dang good. Shucks, I even like hominy. Like Hank Williams Jr. Said " a country boy can survive". Lol. Dave

Old Post 03-22-2019 12:25 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, back when I was a kid at my grandmother's my brothers and I catfished with a pitchfork and caught bluegill with our hands. And big snapping turtles make the best gumbo/soup.

Old Post 03-22-2019 12:48 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Soft shell turtles are the best and easyer to clean !

Tar

Old Post 03-22-2019 01:06 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

They don't bite.

Old Post 03-22-2019 01:30 AM
yadkintar
Banned

That's what the hatchets for they got better tasting meat than the snapping turtles. I catch those soft shells when I am cat fishing sometimes I keep every one !

Tar

Old Post 03-22-2019 01:40 AM
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

Balut and coarse salt. Ummmmmm good!!!

Old Post 03-22-2019 02:47 AM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote