UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > UTV dog box
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

UTV dog box

Gang, who makes a good UTV dog box? I have a vari kennel rigged up on my ATV that works quite well but I’m ready to upgrade.

Would want top storage in the box if possible. Two compartments and lockable doors. Aluminum, fiberglass etc.

Honda Pioneer 1000 is the vehicle it will go in.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-17-2019 03:25 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

http://straightlinekennels.com/dog-houses-truck-boxes/

This Amishman in Millersburg has what you want or will build.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 03-17-2019 04:26 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ashley Pratt
UKC Forum Member

Look at DHK manufacturing in West Plains Missouri

Old Post 03-17-2019 06:51 PM
Ashley Pratt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ashley Pratt Click here to Send Ashley Pratt a Private Message Click Here to Email Ashley Pratt Find more posts by Ashley Pratt Add Ashley Pratt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Larry, what’s the dimensions of the cargo area? Some of your bigger sxs can fit a small truck box in them. We got Owens and Dry Ponds

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 03-17-2019 07:27 PM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Jim, I’d forgotten about that cat.

Ashley, likewise thanks but that’s a bit far from home.

Jeremiah, I’ll get the measurements when they deliver the unit. Gonna be a couple of weeks. Didn’t think about using a small truck box. I buy a new one you will get last look. Fair?

I had a young man PM me who has one for a Ranger so will fit the Honda. Will see how that plays out and fingers crossed it does. Way cheaper than a new one. Momma gonna have me cut off after buying g this crazy UTV. Wow they are proud of them!

Old Post 03-17-2019 08:15 PM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

The big downer about top storage is that it blocks your rear window, can't see a thing behind you. And if you use yours anything like I use mine, don't even think about outside mirrors. I have an EasyLoader 2 dog box and I bolted a gun case just big enough to hold a 10/22. I can see over it with my rearview mirror.
I don't know if you road drive yours but I'm betting you do and there are only two things the law care about. You better have that DNR sticker on both sides of your fender and if that thing moves an inch, on the road, off the road, in your back yard, it don't matter, that gun better be cased. Beyond those two things, the laws got bigger fish to fry.

Old Post 03-17-2019 08:48 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FXJsG3JyAzmf3fif8

This is what I use.

Old Post 03-17-2019 08:56 PM
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Jim, thanks for the insight. Yeah I intend to road drive it. I put 1500 miles on the ATV last year and never got stopped. Was quite surprised by that. Had a couple of county guys pass me. One of the benefits of being an old harmless guy. I have my stickers and will order new ones for the new ride immediately.

Darn I ordered side mirrors for it today. Lol.

I’d like to find a box like yours. Looks slick.

Old Post 03-18-2019 03:13 AM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

https://www.easyloaderkennels.com/

Old Post 03-18-2019 04:59 AM
Brian Gray
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
The big downer about top storage is that it blocks your rear window, can't see a thing behind you. And if you use yours anything like I use mine, don't even think about outside mirrors. I have an EasyLoader 2 dog box and I bolted a gun case just big enough to hold a 10/22. I can see over it with my rearview mirror.
I don't know if you road drive yours but I'm betting you do and there are only two things the law care about. You better have that DNR sticker on both sides of your fender and if that thing moves an inch, on the road, off the road, in your back yard, it don't matter, that gun better be cased. Beyond those two things, the laws got bigger fish to fry.

Are you able to run sxs on the road in your state legally?

Old Post 03-19-2019 12:26 AM
Brian Gray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Gray Click here to Send Brian Gray a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Gray Add Brian Gray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Gray
Are you able to run sxs on the road in your state legally?

Indiana is county by county. The counties south and east of me allow them on county roads, west of me is no, north of me is Michigan. My county, Elkhart County, is an odd ball. They are legal on county roads if used for farm purposes. I'm no farmer but I just tell them I am engaged in raccoon crop damage control work. Absolutely farm related work. After they get done rolling their eyes, they send me on. Four years, 8000 miles, no tickets, no problems. We just got a new Sheriff this year. So who knows but atleast he is a Conservative Republican so I anticipate no changes.

Old Post 03-19-2019 01:24 AM
Brian Gray
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Indiana is county by county. The counties south and east of me allow them on county roads, west of me is no, north of me is Michigan. My county, Elkhart County, is an odd ball. They are legal on county roads if used for farm purposes. I'm no farmer but I just tell them I am engaged in raccoon crop damage control work. Absolutely farm related work. After they get done rolling their eyes, they send me on. Four years, 8000 miles, no tickets, no problems. We just got a new Sheriff this year. So who knows but atleast he is a Conservative Republican so I anticipate no changes.

That’s cool enjoy the ride!!

Old Post 03-20-2019 12:33 AM
Brian Gray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Gray Click here to Send Brian Gray a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Gray Add Brian Gray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wvlineman
UKC Forum Member

Pioneer Box

I use a small diamond deluxe box in my pioneer 1000 it works good just have to leave the tailgate down it has no top storage

Old Post 03-28-2019 02:42 AM
Wvlineman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wvlineman Click here to Send Wvlineman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wvlineman Find more posts by Wvlineman Add Wvlineman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote