UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Black & Tans: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Blackwater B&T Coonhounds
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
John D
UKC Forum Member

Blackwater B&T Coonhounds

I've seldom advertised on this board since I generally only keep females. But since this board is also for kennel promotion, I'd like to introduce my dogs, and what I am working for, on here.

I have a website with most of my information and you can get to it by clicking on the link below:

http://www.blackwaterbt.com/index.html

I'm currently hunting the 5th generation of B&T's I've raised, trained, produced, and competed with. Click below for a link to a list of dogs I've had a hand in.

http://www.blackwaterbt.com/BlackwaterDogs.html

I usually only keep perhaps an older female to raise pups from and something younger to hunt. My older female at this time is Blackwater Daze. She turns 7 years old, tomorrow.

Click here for a link to Daze's page where you can see her comp. hunt record, pedigree, more pics and video

If I have a female Daze's age, you can bet she's reproducing something I like. This next picture is an 18 mo. old female from Batman x Daze. I call her Battie. She's been singled out since last fall. I hunted her through last winter when she was 8-11 mos. old and treed alot of coons with her. She is perhaps the most natural starting pup and has the most ability for her age, of anything I've had.

Click here for a link to Batties's page where you can see her pedigree, more pics and video

The picture below is a 4 mo. old frozen semen pup from Solo x Daze. She is showing alot of the same signs as Battie. NATURAL ABILITY. This picture shows her treeing on a live coon she found on her own after I laid a drag trail with it.

Click here for a link to this pup's page where you can see her pedigree, more pics and video

I want dogs with natural coon treeing ability. I like to say I have low standards. When I turn a dog loose, I want to leash it under a tree with a coon in it. Thats all I expect...every time I turn them loose. I don't want a dog that goes past coons to find an easy coon, or one that jacks around for 100 minutes getting away from other dogs before it finally decides to tree. I don't want one that doesn't go hunting to find a coon or one that only works a hot track. That is a lack of ability and I don't care what they've won.

Natural coon treeing ability trumps every other trait. If I go coonhunting, thats what I want. If I go to a comp. hunt that has anything to do with recognizing a coondog, then thats what I want. Doesn't matter the weather, time of year, or terrain, whether coons are moving, or laid up. Fads come and go, dogs win without it but at the end of most nights if I have a dog that has desire and ability to put a coon on the limb and has done it well, I'll be happy.

I currently do not have anything for sale. I may raise 1-2 litters per year but it will be well into 2017 before I have anything. I usually keep a pup from every litter to start and as a result I usually sell a good young started dog about every year. I sometimes have a young dog for sale, like what you see above in Battie or the Solo pup. Again, I have nothing for sale at this time but feel free to check with me later. You can PM me on here or email me at johnd_125@hotmail.com. Ph. no. provided on request.

Thanks for reading.

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Click here to see my Dog List

Last edited by John D on 01-12-2017 at 03:45 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-02-2016 04:13 PM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan D.
UKC Forum Member

really like the mouths on your females. sounds like you got some good ones comin along.

Old Post 11-02-2016 05:25 PM
Dan D. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan D. Click here to Send Dan D. a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan D. Find more posts by Dan D. Add Dan D. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clays_coondogs
UKC Forum Member

Daze

I hunted with Daze one night at black and tan days this past year. Pretty nice female!

Male:

AKC SUPREME GRNTCH AND GRCH UKC GRCH NTCH BEAR CREEK Z71 (BTTB HAWK X GI JANE)

GRNTCH CH PR BTTB MR. FREEZE (can be Perf and SS sire)
1st and 2nd place open registered 2013 Redbone Days
2nd place NTCH Autumn Oaks 2013
4th place 2014 UKC Youth Nationals
2016 B&T Days Cast Winner
3 wins to Grand show champion

Old Post 11-03-2016 08:18 PM
Clays_coondogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clays_coondogs Click here to Send Clays_coondogs a Private Message Click Here to Email Clays_coondogs Find more posts by Clays_coondogs Add Clays_coondogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the kind words.

Click here to visit The B&T Coonhunters Message Forum for news, views, open discussion, ads, and event winners in the B&T Breed (Registration, with your full name, required)

Old Post 11-04-2016 06:01 PM
John D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John D Click here to Send John D a Private Message Click Here to Email John D Visit John D's homepage! Find more posts by John D Add John D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Travis O.
UKC Forum Member

I've hunted with most of John's females over the last several years. The one thing you can expect when you hunt with these dogs is tree power. I've hunted with battie twice in the last couple of weeks and she is an every breathe treedog. She reminds me of her mother Daze. John is his own worst critic too. He won't brag or say much good about the dog he's hunting, he lets the dog speak for itself and makes no excuses for what it may or may not do. I have a young dog that will probably be competing against battie this summer. I'm going to have my hands full.

NT CH CROOKED RIVER TWO TONE ZEB
NT CH OLIPHANTS DBL BARREL SHOTGUN
GR NT CH CROOKED RIVER RED TURKEY HTX
NT Ch CROOKED RIVER RED SASSY HTX
CROOKED RIVER REDTICK ROWDY

Old Post 11-05-2016 11:01 PM
Travis O. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis O. Click here to Send Travis O. a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis O. Find more posts by Travis O. Add Travis O. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

They're all "just dogs" and I can find something I'd like to change about anything I've ever owned. But when I find something better, I'll be breeding or buying in to it.

Congratulations to Travis Rhodes and Jack (KS Fred x Ruby Too). They picked up 2 cast wins, King of Hunt, NTCh win and H.S. dog on Sat. at the Chickasaw, OK, B&T Sectional this weekend.

Last edited by John D on 11-06-2016 at 10:37 PM

Old Post 11-06-2016 10:26 PM
Blaine Vance
UKC Forum Member

The male we have out of Solo x Daze is really loud and hates a coon. Time will tell.

GR NT CH GR CH RAINEY BRAKE DRIFTER
GR NT CH CH VANCES SCREAMING EAGLE
GR NT CH BAD COMPANY RIDIN SOLO
NT CH VANCES LAYEM UP DRIFTER II
NT CH BLAINE LAST CHANCE

" ITS ALL ABOUT QUALITY "

304-809-6698

Old Post 11-07-2016 03:12 AM
Blaine Vance is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blaine Vance Click here to Send Blaine Vance a Private Message Visit Blaine Vance's homepage! Find more posts by Blaine Vance Add Blaine Vance to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

The Solo x Daze litter just turned 5 mos. old. I took my pup to the woods for the first time last night. She was at the tree when I got there, smelled up it and started doing what you see in the video. She's on the right. Thats Battie on the left, filling the role as the "old dog" at 19 mos. of age.

Last edited by John D on 11-22-2016 at 04:35 PM

Old Post 11-22-2016 04:22 PM
John D
UKC Forum Member

Solo x Daze Pup (5 mos. old)

Video from same tree:

http://vid24.photobucket.com/albums...zpsazeew8a3.mp4

Last edited by John D on 12-28-2016 at 03:02 PM

Old Post 12-10-2016 07:42 PM
blackdawg
UKC Forum Member

I've been pretty much out of coonhunting for a while, but when I'm able to get back in, John is one of the first people I'll check with. He's had as much success with his breeding program as any B&T man in the country. He's also one of the best at starting pups. Most of the dogs I've owned for the past 10-15 years have had a heavy dose of his bloodline in them. They are the style of dogs that I like. John will tell you the truth about about his dogs, good or bad. He often offers a reward to get money back if you title a pup you get from him. Just a very good guy to deal with, that is serious about moving the breed forward.

Brock Smith
H- 606-633-7730
C- 606-369-7317

Old Post 12-13-2016 03:58 AM
blackdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackdawg Click here to Send blackdawg a Private Message Click Here to Email blackdawg Find more posts by blackdawg Add blackdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the kind words, Brock. I'd be glad to help you out any way I can.

Daze hadn't been out for a few weeks, so I decided to take her for a couple drops. Here she is treed on a den, and she treed a hard running coon on the next drop. She turned 7, this past month.

Old Post 12-23-2016 11:48 AM
John D
UKC Forum Member

Here's a video of Battie and Lula from a couple nights ago, hunting in some flooded timber.

Old Post 01-13-2017 04:43 PM
John D
UKC Forum Member

Here's a video from last night of Battie and Lula.

Video of Battie & Lula

Lula is off to a good start at 10 mos. of age. She goes hunting and stays gone. Lots of hustle and "go". She has all kinds of track mouths with above average volume and is a hard, stay put treedog and loud enough that it hurts my ears to stand to close to her while she's treeing. As the video shows, she's split treed a few times and is close to being ready to single out. She's bumped some junk here or there but not to the point she needs breaking.

She's got alot of upside and if you are a coonhunter with some time and interest for a young dog you know what to do.

Last edited by John D on 04-18-2017 at 07:03 PM

Old Post 04-18-2017 05:59 PM
Travis O.
UKC Forum Member

Congratulations John and Battie. Battie won 2nd place at a blueticks reunion in Marshall MO. Looked like she stayed out of the minus column when there was plenty of minus going on. Good work!

NT CH CROOKED RIVER TWO TONE ZEB
NT CH OLIPHANTS DBL BARREL SHOTGUN
GR NT CH CROOKED RIVER RED TURKEY HTX
NT Ch CROOKED RIVER RED SASSY HTX
CROOKED RIVER REDTICK ROWDY

Old Post 04-23-2017 03:31 PM
Travis O. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Travis O. Click here to Send Travis O. a Private Message Click Here to Email Travis O. Find more posts by Travis O. Add Travis O. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Travis. The other 3 dogs had a 3 way split early on and all 3 had slick trees and were minused. Battie stayed away from that, finally got herself going and had a coon to herself. 2 dogs came in after we got to her tree. One dog withdrew. With 20 minutes left, our 3 remaining dogs had another coon. Another dog withdrew. With 10 minutes left the other dog took 125- and Battie had a good track going on her own when hunt ran out and I caught her. That was that.

Click here for a picture of the scorecard.

There were 57 dogs in the hunt, 5 registered casts and she placed 2nd with 250+

Bluetick Grand National Reunion, Sat., 4/22/17. 58 entries.
2nd place reg.- Blackwater Bat Crazy, B&T, John Davis, MO 250+

Last edited by John D on 04-26-2017 at 02:03 PM

Old Post 04-24-2017 01:35 AM
davebastean
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by John D
Thanks Travis. The other 3 dogs had a 3 way split early on and all 3 had slick trees and were minused. Battie stayed away from that, finally got going and had a coon to herself. Then the 3 remaining dogs had another coon and that was that.

There were 57 dogs in the hunt, 5 registered casts and she placed 2nd with 250+

Bluetick Grand National Reunion, Sat., 4/22/17. 58 entries.
2nd place reg.- Blackwater Bat Crazy, B&T, John Davis, MO 250+

Congrats John and Battie!

Old Post 04-24-2017 04:14 AM
davebastean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for davebastean Click here to Send davebastean a Private Message Click Here to Email davebastean Find more posts by davebastean Add davebastean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rweller
UKC Forum Member

Good job john.

GR.Nt.Ch. Pr Black Magic Queen
Past home of Gr.Nt.Ch. Splitters Magic Otis 2014 Black and Tan Days King of Hunt. GRNITECH'PR' Roughton's Black Splitter X Gr.Nt.Ch. Black Magic Queen

Old Post 04-24-2017 05:59 AM
rweller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rweller Click here to Send rweller a Private Message Click Here to Email rweller Find more posts by rweller Add rweller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovis Burns
UKC Forum Member

Congrats!

Midnight Thunder Black & Tans

GRNITECH CH PKC CH ‘PR’ Midnight Thunder Black Steel - (Ch GrNiteCh'PR' Northern Lights Doc x NITECH 'PR' Blues Band Gypsy Woman) - $630.66 PKC

GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' Midnight Thunder Final Destiny - (GrNiteCh 'PR' First Class Super Stud x GrNiteCh GrCh 'PR' Midnight Thunder Black Desire) - - PKC $54.00

Up and Coming

Like us on Facebook
Midnight Thunder Black & Tans

Lovis Burns
910-874-4650

Use and Recommend
Bright Eyes Lights
Inukshuk Dog Food

Old Post 04-24-2017 12:45 PM
Lovis Burns is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovis Burns Click here to Send Lovis Burns a Private Message Click Here to Email Lovis Burns Visit Lovis Burns's homepage! Find more posts by Lovis Burns Add Lovis Burns to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RANDAL BROWN
UKC Forum Member

JOHN DAVIS

CONGRATS, SEE YOU AT B&T DAYS

Old Post 04-26-2017 11:30 AM
RANDAL BROWN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RANDAL BROWN Click here to Send RANDAL BROWN a Private Message Click Here to Email RANDAL BROWN Find more posts by RANDAL BROWN Add RANDAL BROWN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blitz13
UKC Forum Member

John

Sent u a pm

Old Post 05-06-2017 06:03 AM
blitz13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blitz13 Click here to Send blitz13 a Private Message Click Here to Email blitz13 Find more posts by blitz13 Add blitz13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

Tim, sent you one back but your box is full. Lula is now owned by Brian Harris (and Jimmy Williams). Hated to let her go but she's ready to go alone and I don't want to put Battie on the back burner.

Also, Daze is in heat and my intention is to breed her to TN Timber, owned Jeff Stafford. I've hunted with Timber and he has a good mouth, independence and go power.

Old Post 05-06-2017 03:22 PM
blackdawg
UKC Forum Member

Probably a good choice on Timber. I've heard nothing but good things about him. Seems like Daze always comes in heat around B & T days.

Brock Smith
H- 606-633-7730
C- 606-369-7317

Old Post 05-06-2017 03:56 PM
blackdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackdawg Click here to Send blackdawg a Private Message Click Here to Email blackdawg Find more posts by blackdawg Add blackdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John D
UKC Forum Member

Daze was bred to TN Timber, owned by Jeff Stafford, this past Sat./Sun. at B&T Days. I had hunted with Timber last year at B&T Days and liked what I saw and had him on my mind, ever since. What I see for myself means more than everything I hear, but I have heard alot of good things about him as well.

He appears to be a big hunting, independent dog with a good mouth and a top treedog. Daze is the same kind. These pups should be born around July 8. More details to come when I see that she took and has pups. They will be SS'd and UKC PP'd.

......NtCh Moonshine
...GrNtCh Moonshines TN Smoker
......NtCh Cherry Popinns
GrNtCh PKC Ch TN Timber
......GrNtCh PKC Silver Ch Kansas Hayes
...NiteCh Three Hills Kansas Rumor
......Lebar's Sandi (KS Jr female)
Pups, due about July 8
......GrNtCh PKC GCh Bauer’s Kansas Junior
...GrNtCh PKC Silver Ch. Kansas Hayes
......GrNtCh Hoss' Smokin' Lizzy
GrNtCh Blackwater Daze
......GrCh GrNtCh Dylan's Duelin Dan
...GrNtCh Hayden's Duelin Dixie Gem
......GrNtCh Blackwater Ruby Too

Old Post 05-10-2017 04:40 PM
treedog2345
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 05-11-2017 02:43 PM
treedog2345 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog2345 Click here to Send treedog2345 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog2345 Add treedog2345 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mark sliger
UKC Forum Member

Hope she has a pile John. A lot of good dogs in this pedigree

Old Post 05-25-2017 03:35 PM
mark sliger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mark sliger Click here to Send mark sliger a Private Message Click Here to Email mark sliger Find more posts by mark sliger Add mark sliger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote