UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Here is a fun tree to score
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pat Bizich
Banned

Here is a fun tree to score

Okay this actually happened on a hunt. This will be fun. After I get every ones feed back I will tell you what happened.
Four dog cast.
All dogs are struck immediately as they were turned onto a coon track .
For sake of keeping points easily ciphered lets say Dogs struck A,B,C,D in that order.
Dog A and B hit a tree about 20 yard in front of the cast .
Dog A is immediately treed. B is there but not yet declared treed .
Dog A leaves the tree takes minus comes back to the tree and immediately gets re-treed. Tree time is restarted .B is still at the tree but not yet declared .
Mean time dog C can be heard out running in a field about 100 yards away and dog D is right handed about 50-80 yds or so.
Time is winding down on dog A's tree. Dog C is closing in. Dog B is now declared treed for second tree on the tree about 20 yds in front of cast with dog A. Dog D is now also declared treed about the same 50-80 yds right handed. But I will caution you the handler never says split but it is pretty obvious of course it is on another tree.
Tree is closed. Still only two dogs on this tree. C still running and dog D still right handed
Get to tree and the two dogs at the tree are actually Dog B and Dog D.
Before shining can start here comes dog C and before you can spit here comes Dog A.
All dogs are now handled. The tree is plus.

Go to it . Give me a score.

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-20-2019 09:40 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

A 350-
B 200+
C 50-
D 100+

I moved b and d up, that might get ?ed. I moved them bc up bc A was never really at the tree

Last edited by sleepy head on 03-22-2019 at 12:35 AM

Old Post 03-20-2019 09:59 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

That is a fun one..... a bunch going on but score-able. Sounds like more log time in the timber with their dogs during the week might be good.

Old Post 03-20-2019 10:01 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tpettit
UKC Forum Member

A 350-
B 150+
C 50-
D 150-
Also on another note, dog a is facing a scratchable offense for his handler calling the wrong dog twice. But probably didn't happen.

Old Post 03-20-2019 10:22 PM
tpettit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tpettit Click here to Send tpettit a Private Message Click Here to Email tpettit Find more posts by tpettit Add tpettit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

A -350 Left tree twice, - tract for coming into + tree
B +150
C -50 - track for coming into + tree
D -150 if he was put on score card as a separate tree
+75 if he was put on the card as 3rd tree

D should have been treed as separate if it was obvious, other wise he would have been considered on the same tree.

Old Post 03-20-2019 10:49 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bill(Chew)
A -350 Left tree twice, - tract for coming into + tree
B +150
D -150 if he was put on score card as a separate tree
+75 if he was put on the card as 3rd tree

D should have been treed as separate if it was obvious, other wise he would have been considered on the same tree.

This is correct but you have to remember dog D was never declared split so unless the judge declared him split before they got to the tree then D is 75+

He can't go on a separate tree unless he is treed after the tree time or unless he is declared split.

Old Post 03-21-2019 01:00 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tpettit
UKC Forum Member

The judge Shouldve told dog d he was in for 125 if it was obvious and 2 dogs freeing at 20 yards and him at 80 yards right handed, should be very obvious!

Old Post 03-21-2019 02:28 AM
tpettit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tpettit Click here to Send tpettit a Private Message Click Here to Email tpettit Find more posts by tpettit Add tpettit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

One man's obvious can be another man's maybe.

Old Post 03-21-2019 03:29 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Why does everyone assume the handler of D. didn't know his dog was at the tree with B. The handler of A. May of been the only confused one

Old Post 03-21-2019 03:48 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

I suspect Pat was the handler of dog A and also the judge.

Old Post 03-21-2019 04:29 AM
Pat Bizich
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
I suspect Pat was the handler of dog A and also the judge.

I would suspect you are wrong .LOL.

I refuse to keep/ hunt a dog that can't take pressure so if that is a clue guess again.

NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 03-21-2019 at 11:49 PM

Old Post 03-21-2019 11:42 PM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Bizich
I would suspect you are wrong .LOL.

I refuse to keep/ hunt a dog that can't take pressure so if that is a clue guess again.

That's why find this confusing. Lol. Who was the judge handling?

Old Post 03-21-2019 11:54 PM
Pat Bizich
Banned

DOG D

NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper

Old Post 03-22-2019 12:21 AM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

That means the judge was possibly misusing A for leaving the tree but it was really his dog bouncing in and out of the tree. I guess you were dog B. Congratulations!!

Old Post 03-22-2019 12:41 AM
Pat Bizich
Banned

Was gonna post sooner but site went down so no one missed any thing .
Guys did well sorting things out and scoring things.
The biggest problem incurred at this tree was with dog D and handler.
He refused to Award dog D minus of any kind. It came away from this tree smelling like a rose with no minus of any kind.
I know some stated that no split was called. It was however obvious. Rules state when obvious/ judges decision . So Dog D was treed by Handler when that dog treed that was about 50-80 yards away. There was never any discussion about any dogs being incorrectly called.
AAnnnddd Dog D handler was also the hunting judge on this cast.
Dog A and Dog D handlers hunt together regularly .Both admitted after the fact that they have a hard time telling their dogs apart after the fact.
This was not the first time they called each others dogs on this night but it was not some what provable until this tree. It also was not the first time Dog D had split the other time was 150 yards and left without taking minus.
Not my first rodeo. Been around for awhile and titled a few .
Any way.

Now lessons can always be learned and without further elaborations on anything else that happened this night because this tree was mild. LOL.

RULE 1 ... NEVER ,EVER trust the judge !!!
Always check the score card "AFTER EACH" scoring event.
Not only to make sure things are scored correctly but as they were called.

RULE 2 …. NEVER,EVER get complacent . SEE RULE 1 !!
Just because a guy has a MOH license does not mean they know the rules or will score things correctly.

RULE 3... NEVER ,EVER trust a person you draw out with that you thought to be a friend to be honest and score things correctly (honestly). SEE RULE 1 !!!

NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper

Old Post 03-26-2019 09:51 PM
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bill(Chew)
A -350
B +150
D +75 if he was put on the card as 3rd tree

Old Post 03-26-2019 10:39 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Good thing you turned these dogs out on a coon. If they had to find one on their own. This might have really been confusing.

Old Post 03-26-2019 10:56 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Good thing you turned these dogs out on a coon. If they had to find one on their own. This might have really been confusing.
I was thinking the same thing Bruce

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 03-27-2019 02:35 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

A - 350-
B - 150+
C - 50-
D - 150- (D cannot get plussed on a tree he was not declared treed on. He may have been declared treed but not on the tree he was found/handled at).

Old Post 03-27-2019 05:20 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by tpettit
A 350-
B 150+
C 50-
D 150-
Also on another note, dog a is facing a scratchable offense for his handler calling the wrong dog twice. But probably didn't happen.

Scratched / Down 500 = basically the same result. Lol.

Old Post 03-27-2019 05:23 PM