UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > X-Bred: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Leon's Darkside X Bone Collecter
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Leon's Darkside X Bone Collecter

Looking forward to hunting this young female out of Leon and Backwater Brandy. Leon is currently number one on the Bluetick reproducers list and Brandy is a GrNite out of Bone Collector. He needs no introduction.
Some may ask why would you hunt an X-Bred dog? For those that know me I have primarily hunted and Promoted Blueticks through the years and I have had a few that for me and what I like in a dog were good enough to stay at my place and eat. I have also had a few of other breeds from time to time and it was about having a dog that suited me. Many years ago I had happen to me what many hounds man fear and was without a dog. Probably why many of them have too many dogs in my opinion.
I tried quite a few blue dogs and could not find one that I wanted to hunt so started looking "outside the box". There was a fellow named Bert that was in the southern part of the state that had a four year old Walker that he said I should come and try. I was to meet him down at a hunt in southern Wisconsin. I pulled in at the hunt and saw a bunch of people I knew and of course they were wondering what I was hunting because they knew I did not have a dog. I told them I was going to hunt with a dog to see if I would like it. When they heard it was a Walker they thought I was crazy but away I went with Bert and Hawk. We treed seven coon in about two hours and Hawk went hunting, got treed and had a coon. He did not have a great mouth just average but he was good enough for me to take home. I hunted him during the week and a buddy named Dean put him in the hunts during the weekend. Dean made him a nitech quickly and took him to Walker days and got a sixth place on him one of the nights. Hawk was just a good hound quiet in the kennel and a coon dog at night. At Seven he started to slow down quickly and I sold him to a pleasure hunter that gave him a good home and hunted him until he died.
I will be honest in that it was hard for me to find another bluetick that I wanted to hunt and keep but ended up finding one and have had them to this day. Through the years I have had a few walkers out of Spring Creek, Hardwood and Clover breeding and they were nice enough to stay here. Eventually they passed or were sold to hunters.
I have also had blueticks out of all of the popular lines and some not so popular that I considered as good or better. To me I never really cared about the paper as much as the dog.
A number of years back my buddy Rick Jordan and I were hunting at a bluetick hunt in Ohio in the Grnite cast. Three Blue males and a Walker female drew out and we hit the woods. I was hunting Banjo and first drop they all headed in different directions. I struck and tree Banjo to the right and as he was treeing we heard coyotes and he came off of the tree. He would not hunt so I put him in the box. The walker gyp and one of the blue males were working to the left and came down treed. Now I have been on a few casts through the years that I turned into a spectator and I could tell by the way one of them was treeing and by their voice I was going to be interested in watching that dog. Come to find out it was the Walker female. If my memory serves me correct she was just over a year old and she put on a clinic that night and won the cast. She was a big female and had a head that was huge but acted good and was a nice one. She was not handled by a slick handler or anything. She was not easy to forget and the guy told me she was out of Bone Collecter. Being a blue dog guy I did not know who Bone Collecter was.
When the X-Bred thing came into existence I always thought I would like to have a Bluetick that was out of top bloodlines that was out of Bone Collecter on the other side. When Paul advertised the young female that was out in Pa. it did not take me long to make a decision. I am looking forward to working with this young female. She got here last week and has settled in nice. We will see how it goes.

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Last edited by Scott VH on 11-15-2020 at 04:47 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-15-2020 04:04 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

How’s she doing Scott? I’m thinking about going to an X bred dog at some point down the road.

Old Post 11-23-2020 12:17 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Hi John

Hi John,

She is doing well. We have had her out a couple of times with Creek and she does not have any problem getting treed with her. We are hoping to get her to a point were we can single her out. We are locked down now with the nine day deer hunt season but our best hunting is yet to come!

Take Care,
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 11-23-2020 11:34 PM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Good deal. No reason she won’t make an outstanding hound the way she is bred. So many of our bluetick brothers won’t admit there are some really outstanding hounds in other breeds but I know better. Lol

Old Post 11-24-2020 01:24 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Got the PKC papers back already

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 11-25-2020 11:22 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

UKC

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 12-13-2020 02:05 PM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Creek and Bonz

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 12-21-2020 02:11 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

X-Bonz

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 12-23-2020 02:07 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Creek and Bonz

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 12-27-2020 01:15 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Possible Cross

------------------GrCh Wallis' Old Pete
-----------Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Outlaw Pete
------------------Tight Squeeze Sue
------GrNiteCh Maile's Blue Sue's Pete
------------------NiteCh Smokey River JBS Cheif
-----------Maile's Blue Ruby's Sue
------------------NiteCh Mailes' Mo. Blue Ruby
---GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose
------------------GrNiteCh Uchtman's So. Blue Hawk
-----------GrNiteCh Uchtman's Southern Blue Scout
------------------NiteCh GrCh Chor's Blue Wheatie
------Maile's Blue Kari
------------------GrNiteCh Uchtman's Blue Lock-Tite
-----------Uchtman's Southern Blue Jewel
------------------GrNiteCh GrCh Uchtman's So. Blue Jessie
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink FLoyd
------------------NiteCh Georgia Blue Abe
----------GrNiteCh B&D's Mr. Blue
------------------Georgia Blue Britches
------Ch GrniteCh B&D's Blue Spike
------------------GrNiteCh Kirby's Blue Spike
----------GrniteCh Ferris' Blue Kelly
------------------NiteCh Ch Recker's Turtle Cr Bobbie
---GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby
------------------GrNiteCh GrCh Northern Blue Hammer XVIII
----------NGrNiteCh GrNiteCh Treeslammin Blue Hillbilly
------------------NiteCh Treeslammin Blue Queen
------GrNiteCh Twilite Blue Poison Ivy
------------------GrNiteCh GrCh Northern Blue Hammer XVIII
----------Burrel's Northern Blue Cort
------------------Night Ranger Misty Bl Sue

Possible Cross

------------------GrNiteCh Levi's Northern Blue Bingo
----------GrNiteCh Bingo's Northern Blue Dancer
------------------NiteCh Oswalt's Mighty Blue Mae Belle
------GrNiteCh Dancer's Northern Blue Son
------------------GrNiteCh Mead's Super Jet 6
----------NiteCh Storman's Hurricane Hanna
------------------Yarbrough's Blue Bess
---GrNiteCh Leon's Darkside
------------------GrNiteCh Bullet's Runnin Rattler
----------GrNiteCh Rattler's Runnin Tobe
------------------Mighty Blue Belle Junior
------NiteCh Ferguson's Midnight Blue Ring
------------------FCh GrNiteCh Vining Runnin Bullet
----------NiteCh Buffalo Creek Betty's Bell
------------------GrNiteCh Buffalo Creek To Tuf Betty
Darkside's X-Bonz
------------------NiteCh Skuna River Fred
----------NiteCh Hub's Homer
------------------NiteCh Racoon Valley Queen
------GrNiteCh Backwater Bone Collector
------------------GrNiteCh Fletcher's Stylish Jake
----------GrNiteCh Looken Up Stylish Nowhere's
------------------GrNiteCh Backwater Pearl
---GrNiteCh Backwater Brandy
------------------GrNiteCh Skuna River Lipper
----------NiteCh Skuna River Fred
------------------NiteCh Racoon Valley Queen
------NiteCh Skuna River Angel
------------------GrNiteCh Nocturnal Nailor
----------M And D Crystal
------------------GrNiteCh Rough RV Wanna B Like Mom

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 12-27-2020 02:05 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

That should work!!!

Old Post 12-27-2020 02:57 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Scott how did your female turn out?

Old Post 10-30-2022 02:45 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

Hi John

Not quite the caliber I was looking for. She is with a pleasure hunter now.

Take Care,
Scott

Gone but not forgotten:

Old Post 11-02-2022 03:06 AM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Owning high caliber dogs in the past and knowing how one can operate can be a blessing and a curse at the same time. lol. Hope all is well with you and yours. God Bless!

Old Post 11-02-2022 02:32 PM