UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Deaths/corona
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Deaths/corona

Google this question and let me know if you find the answer.
What percent of Americans have died from Corona virus?
Compared to the total population in the United States what percentage of people have died from Corona virus?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-01-2020 04:54 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Yes and how many test positive and show no symptoms.

Old Post 08-01-2020 05:36 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

No answer

I tried to find the answer to my question of percentage, and could not! They are QUICK to post the number of cases though! Just like the mainstream media. Any Corona related deaths are too many. But I think the overall percentage is probably VERY low and wouldn't sound as bad! If ANYBODY has the answer to my original question. Please post, Thanks

Old Post 08-01-2020 06:35 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Here are a few facts that the media won't report but you will have to figure out the percentages.

14,306 total cases/per million people in the US.

475 total deaths/million people in the US.

18,685 critical cases right now..... That is 56 critical cases for every million people in the US.

The population of America is 331,166,370...

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 08-01-2020 at 07:47 PM

Old Post 08-01-2020 07:39 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Re: Deaths/corona

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Miltons
Google this question and let me know if you find the answer.
What percent of Americans have died from Corona virus?
Compared to the total population in the United States what percentage of people have died from Corona virus?

.047 percent, to get to 1 percent 3,310,000 people would have to die

Old Post 08-01-2020 07:59 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Sleepy head

Right on.. I came up with .004 that's pretty close. My point kinda was NOT one GOOGLE search would give you that number. It wouldn't sound bad enough!

Old Post 08-01-2020 08:22 PM
micooner
UKC Forum Member

So what number of deaths would it take before you would wear a mask in public? What's the number of critical ICU cases before you would consider this virus is worse than a cold or flu?

Old Post 08-01-2020 08:28 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Mask

The Carona virus is real and can be deadly. I don't believe it takes a genius to figure that out. But the gloom and doom that the completely Liberal owned media and there hand picked Liberal health officials are touting is ridiculous! If you knew me I can PROMISE you that you wouldn't ask me what it would take for me to wear a mask! I wear one every time I go into a public facility. I've always believed it was my own responsibility to look out for my own health and Not the responsibility of anyone else!

Old Post 08-01-2020 08:58 PM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Re: Mask

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Miltons
The Carona virus is real and can be deadly. I don't believe it takes a genius to figure that out. But the gloom and doom that the completely Liberal owned media and there hand picked Liberal health officials are touting is ridiculous! If you knew me I can PROMISE you that you wouldn't ask me what it would take for me to wear a mask! I wear one every time I go into a public facility. I've always believed it was my own responsibility to look out for my own health and Not the responsibility of anyone else!

Your last sentence is golden, if people had half a brain and not have to be led around by a ring in their nose, there is not to much that can't be done safely.

Old Post 08-01-2020 10:25 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by micooner
So what number of deaths would it take before you would wear a mask in public? What's the number of critical ICU cases before you would consider this virus is worse than a cold or flu?

I would like to know how many people that have been critically ill or have actually died were frequently wearing mask. It is not some unknown fact that mask worn by untrained people in a not sterile environment can weaken the immune system or infect you with other bacteria, viruses and fungi. Think of all these people re-wearing mask that have not been washed or disposed of, constantly touching and adjusting them. Touching their faces constantly, wearing long enough for them to get damp with humidity. Wearing the same mask day after day into multiple locations. Doctors and nurses are trained on how to wear them how to put on and take off, the normal person is not. We all have witnessed all the above with each and every place we visit. To many people are also under the misconception that the mask will protect themselves when even with a N95 mask if a hair will fit through it it is ineffective. Our medical personnel are specially fitted for these at at least once a year. The size of the molecule of covid is so minuscule that our mask do next to nothing to protect us or others from us.
Did your wife wear a mask? My brother and cousin and his family are all running fevers, cough ect with this virus right now. They had to wear a mask for work. My son and his wife also had been positive a while back. Dalton had refused to wear one with his asthma he would feel dizzy each time he put one on so he didn't wear one. He had one evening he didn't feel well and spent his entire isolation time fishing. His wife who wore one for her job as a teacher was sicker and ran a fever for several days. I've been really curious as to if mask aren't making some more likely to and worse by the unsanitary conditions the lay person treats a mask.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 08-01-2020 11:20 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Well, I'm far from being a doctor, but I have serious doubts if a mask made out of an old handkerchief can contain a virus. If you're wearing under wear and blue jeans and you fart, every body in the room can smell it in less than a minute. Are coronavirus molecules larger than fart molecules?

Old Post 08-01-2020 11:28 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

I found this on the interwebs, probably shouldn't make your mask from underwear.

Odor molecules are much, much smaller than viruses. Viruses are protein + either DNA or RNA, and all of those molecules are thousands to millions of times larger than odor molecules. ... The smallest virus is about 30 nm in length. The smallest odorant molecules is about 0.5 nm.

Old Post 08-01-2020 11:50 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Why don't they just report the critical cases? Isn't that what really matters? Who cares how many people test positive but have no symptoms?

Old Post 08-02-2020 12:37 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Why don't they just report the critical cases? Isn't that what really matters? Who cares how many people test positive but have no symptoms?

True that! How many people get tested for the flu when they don't feel sick? I wonder how many walk around asymptomatic with a flu virus? Whole entire companies are doing regular testing of their employees and all kinds of people are being tested who have no symptoms but know somebody that knows somebody who tested positive.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 08-02-2020 12:56 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

I think a lot of States are testing as many people as they can to keep the test positive percent lower. I know here as part of the covie update site they post the 7 day test positive percentage. They want to keep it below 10 percent. I believe higher than 10 they get pressure to pull back on freedoms

Old Post 08-02-2020 01:14 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
I found this on the interwebs, probably shouldn't make your mask from underwear.

Odor molecules are much, much smaller than viruses. Viruses are protein + either DNA or RNA, and all of those molecules are thousands to millions of times larger than odor molecules. ... The smallest virus is about 30 nm in length. The smallest odorant molecules is about 0.5 nm.

Thanks for the tutorial on flatulence molecules. I feel a lot safer now.

Old Post 08-02-2020 02:01 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
robgregory
UKC Forum Member

chances of dying from covid

I saw on TV the other day that the grand total of people who have died from Covid-19 in Florida (which is among the hardest hit states) is around 2,400 people. Florida's total population is just shy of 28.5 million people. Seems to me you'd have a much better chance of dying in a car wreck. But, maybe I'm not seeing smething that they are. Rob

home#- 540-925-4437
cell#-757-339-3454
Home of:
"PR"High Lonesome Hannah. Nt.Ch. Hardtime Miss Kitty's Cat

Old Post 08-02-2020 01:47 PM
robgregory is offline Click Here to See the Profile for robgregory Click here to Send robgregory a Private Message Find more posts by robgregory Add robgregory to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

That is 1 person out of every 14,250 over the last 6 months.

Old Post 08-02-2020 02:26 PM
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

MASKS. I was in a store yesterday and in MN. you need a mask to enter any establishment. A young man came into the store and didn't have a mask, he asked , " do I need a mask, didn't know I needed one and all I want is a case of water. The clerk said you have to have a mask, sorry."
Awoman was leaving tne store and took off her mask and handed it to him and said " you can have mine if you want" he took the mask and put it on. Now these people were of different races and different ages. I started laughing and he laughed too. He said "what ever I need a case of water" I said what ever works. LOL!

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 08-02-2020 03:27 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Here are a few facts that the media won't report but you will have to figure out the percentages.

14,306 total cases/per million people in the US.

475 total deaths/million people in the US.

18,685 critical cases right now..... That is 56 critical cases for every million people in the US.

The population of America is 331,166,370...

What the media DON'T say when they report numbers is, how many positive test are actually re-test'. When someone test positive and return for a second or third test and they are still positive, it is reported as a positive. There is no possible way to know how any are new positive test or just someone retesting.

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Old Post 08-05-2020 12:31 AM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
I would like to know how many people that have been critically ill or have actually died were frequently wearing mask. It is not some unknown fact that mask worn by untrained people in a not sterile environment can weaken the immune system or infect you with other bacteria, viruses and fungi. Think of all these people re-wearing mask that have not been washed or disposed of, constantly touching and adjusting them. Touching their faces constantly, wearing long enough for them to get damp with humidity. Wearing the same mask day after day into multiple locations. Doctors and nurses are trained on how to wear them how to put on and take off, the normal person is not. We all have witnessed all the above with each and every place we visit. To many people are also under the misconception that the mask will protect themselves when even with a N95 mask if a hair will fit through it it is ineffective. Our medical personnel are specially fitted for these at at least once a year. The size of the molecule of covid is so minuscule that our mask do next to nothing to protect us or others from us.
Did your wife wear a mask? My brother and cousin and his family are all running fevers, cough ect with this virus right now. They had to wear a mask for work. My son and his wife also had been positive a while back. Dalton had refused to wear one with his asthma he would feel dizzy each time he put one on so he didn't wear one. He had one evening he didn't feel well and spent his entire isolation time fishing. His wife who wore one for her job as a teacher was sicker and ran a fever for several days. I've been really curious as to if mask aren't making some more likely to and worse by the unsanitary conditions the lay person treats a mask.

yes the wife wore her mask and still ended up hospitalized with it. She's out now but not back up to steam.

Old Post 08-05-2020 04:46 AM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

I believe she got it at our local diner. We went in when they opened back up. Big mistake on our part. Even though we were about 3 tables apart there was a customer coughing up a storm. We should have left. None of the diner workers wore a mask the whole time we were there. Haven't been back. Drs don't know yet if she'll recover fully or how long.

Old Post 08-05-2020 05:00 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by micooner
I believe she got it at our local diner. We went in when they opened back up. Big mistake on our part. Even though we were about 3 tables apart there was a customer coughing up a storm. We should have left. None of the diner workers wore a mask the whole time we were there. Haven't been back. Drs don't know yet if she'll recover fully or how long.

The reason I asked is in my own family members (my sons, brother and counsin) those who got the sickest in each group were the ones who were required to wear a mask for their jobs. Others have who live in the same household have had very little to no symptoms.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 08-05-2020 04:00 PM
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
The reason I asked is in my own family members (my sons, brother and counsin) those who got the sickest in each group were the ones who were required to wear a mask for their jobs. Others have who live in the same household have had very little to no symptoms.
I just don't know. I'll continue to wear a mask in public for now. This virus is ugly when it attacks. Prayers to anyone out there that gets it. The most troubling things to me are the unknown lasting effects. I fear we will be dealing with these effects for years to come.

Old Post 08-05-2020 04:08 PM
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Bob Hennessey
MASKS. I was in a store yesterday and in MN. you need a mask to enter any establishment. A young man came into the store and didn't have a mask, he asked , " do I need a mask, didn't know I needed one and all I want is a case of water. The clerk said you have to have a mask, sorry."
Awoman was leaving tne store and took off her mask and handed it to him and said " you can have mine if you want" he took the mask and put it on. Now these people were of different races and different ages. I started laughing and he laughed too. He said "what ever I need a case of water" I said what ever works. LOL!

How ignorant is that! Unfortunaly stupidly generally travels faster and farther than knowledge,always has always will you just can't fix stupid......

Old Post 08-05-2020 04:59 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote