UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Deaths/corona
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by sleepy head
I found this on the interwebs, probably shouldn't make your mask from underwear.

Odor molecules are much, much smaller than viruses. Viruses are protein + either DNA or RNA, and all of those molecules are thousands to millions of times larger than odor molecules. ... The smallest virus is about 30 nm in length. The smallest odorant molecules is about 0.5 nm.

Explain how drywall dust gets through a mask? Those dust particles are 1000x larger

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-05-2020 09:07 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by 4play
Explain how drywall dust gets through a mask? Those dust particles are 1000x larger
depends on quality of the mask. I ran paint robots at a ford plant for 20 years. We measured particles in microns. Nothing got past our masks unless they were fitted wrong or worn wrong.

Old Post 08-05-2020 11:49 PM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Do you think that the average American can wear a mask properly? Do you think that a bandana tied around your face will stop any particles?

Old Post 08-06-2020 12:56 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

Lol no to both questions.

Old Post 08-06-2020 01:00 AM
micooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for micooner Click here to Send micooner a Private Message Click Here to Email micooner Find more posts by micooner Add micooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by micooner
Lol no to both questions.

X2
The average American is doing nothing but pacifying whatever powers that be and giving theirselves a false sense of security. They do not have the proper equipment nor training.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 08-06-2020 01:58 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

"False sense of security"... If I just put on some sort of face covering, I can go out and do whatever I want....
If the experts would just come out and say "masks don't work so be careful what you do", we would be a lot better off.

Old Post 08-06-2020 01:03 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
"False sense of security"... If I just put on some sort of face covering, I can go out and do whatever I want....
If the experts would just come out and say "masks don't work so be careful what you do", we would be a lot better off.

Nobody ever said wear a mask and do whatever you want. Staying away from people is gonna help and wearing a mask when you can't is gonna help too. You pissed and moaned because somebody was telling you what to do and you piss and moan when they don't tell you what to do. Kinda like a disgruntled child.Anybody with more then rocks in their head shoulda known months ago they weren't mandating masks because they didn't have enough for the health care professionals that had no choice but to be in close contact with people. Most likely infected people. Wearing a cloth face covering is kinda like using single ply toilet paper....it ain't perfect but it's better then nothin ain't it !

Old Post 08-06-2020 03:51 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:

You mean the ones made out of panties?

Old Post 08-06-2020 03:55 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cotton 1927
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Stevens
Nobody ever said wear a mask and do whatever you want. Staying away from people is gonna help and wearing a mask when you can't is gonna help too. You pissed and moaned because somebody was telling you what to do and you piss and moan when they don't tell you what to do. Kinda like a disgruntled child.Anybody with more then rocks in their head shoulda known months ago they weren't mandating masks because they didn't have enough for the health care professionals that had no choice but to be in close contact with people. Most likely infected people. Wearing a cloth face covering is kinda like using single ply toilet paper....it ain't perfect but it's better then nothin ain't it !
Go back and read some of his prior post ....he's a counterfeit, like a puppet with his head on a swivel repeating whatever he just heard and off to his computer to puke it back up,read his post from 5/13 it's over! Here he is blah blah blah blah blah, what a waste .....

Old Post 08-06-2020 09:42 PM
Cotton 1927 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cotton 1927 Click here to Send Cotton 1927 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cotton 1927 Find more posts by Cotton 1927 Add Cotton 1927 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
4play
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by micooner
depends on quality of the mask. I ran paint robots at a ford plant for 20 years. We measured particles in microns. Nothing got past our masks unless they were fitted wrong or worn wrong.

You answered my question.The 'Worlds Most Deadliest Virus" {with a 99.8%+ survival rate} is upon us.To prevent getting it or spreading it we are required to wear a pos paper or cotton dust mask?

Yet, when you painted you wore a 1000x better paint mask? Hmmmm

Do you Get it?

Nitech Stylish Clover Shark Jill - RIP 'Ole Girl
{Great White Shark x Brush Creek Patch}

Last edited by 4play on 08-06-2020 at 11:31 PM

Old Post 08-06-2020 11:19 PM
4play is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 4play Click here to Send 4play a Private Message Click Here to Email 4play Find more posts by 4play Add 4play to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
You answered my question.The 'Worlds Most Deadliest Virus" {with a 99.8%+ survival rate} is upon us.To prevent getting it or spreading it we are required to wear a pos paper or cotton dust mask?

Yet, when you painted you wore a 1000x better paint mask? Hmmmm

Do you Get it?

I get it. I look at it this way. Wearing a mask isn't about me being protected by filtering out the virus. It's to stop me from breathing out or coughing out the virus if I had it. Even though my wife had it I tested twice negative. I really believe if the person in our diner had been wearing a mask along with the wait staff my wife would not have contracted it. Jmho

Old Post 08-06-2020 11:38 PM
Matt Marshall
UKC Forum Member

Micooner,
You have to realize that you are trying to make sense to senseless people. They either don’t get it or don’t care. I hope your wife is well.

Old Post 08-07-2020 04:16 AM
Matt Marshall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Matt Marshall Click here to Send Matt Marshall a Private Message Click Here to Email Matt Marshall Find more posts by Matt Marshall Add Matt Marshall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

So if you aren't coughing and running a temp you don't have to wear a mask or stay home?

Old Post 08-07-2020 01:38 PM
micooner
UKC Forum Member

quote:
So if you aren't coughing and running a temp you don't have to wear a mask or stay home?
I would say just praise the lord your so healthy at the moment Richard. Lol

Old Post 08-08-2020 12:07 AM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Amen to that...
I am also glad that I don't live in one of those liberal Dumcrat states where the virus is so prevalent and the # of deaths is so high. My outlook might be different if I did. As it is, I figure that my fate has a lot more to do with God's will than whether I wear a mask or not.

And oh my goodness, it looks like the # of deaths and cases is dropping again. Could the second wave be over?

Old Post 08-08-2020 12:44 AM
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Amen to that...
I am also glad that I don't live in one of those liberal Dumcrat states where the virus is so prevalent and the # of deaths is so high. My outlook might be different if I did. As it is, I figure that my fate has a lot more to do with God's will than whether I wear a mask or not.

And oh my goodness, it looks like the # of deaths and cases is dropping again. Could the second wave be over?

Second Wave hasn't started yet. We're still in the 1st wave.

Look at Florida, Texas, Arizona, Georgia, South Carolina, Tenn., North Carolina, Miss., California, Alabama, etc.

Old Post 08-08-2020 07:01 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by honalieh
Second Wave hasn't started yet. We're still in the 1st wave.

Look at Florida, Texas, Arizona, Georgia, South Carolina, Tenn., North Carolina, Miss., California, Alabama, etc.

The radical left dumacrats as sick as it sounds want this disease to expand because it’s the only leverage they have to manipulate the election. They will falsify numbers and spread their venom on the news and human life means nothing to them.

Get ole pedifile joe as a president and you will see ole tar was right again. When you vote you can’t take it back.

Tar

Old Post 08-08-2020 12:26 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
The radical left dumacrats as sick as it sounds want this disease to expand because it’s the only leverage they have to manipulate the election. They will falsify numbers and spread their venom on the news and human life means nothing to them.

Get ole pedifile joe as a president and you will see ole tar was right again. When you vote you can’t take it back.

Tar

You are correct!!!!!!

Every person (with the exception of 1) I know that had symptoms, said they thought they had a sinus infection until the doctor said they had corona.
1 exception, my brother, he thought he had the flu and he was really sick for a week.

Every other person I know that has it, got tested because they had been "exposed". You see them mowing, racking hay or whatever.

A lot of people say they had a runny nose for a few days.

If you already have an underlying condition, you have a better chance of dieing or at least having a rough time with it.

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Old Post 08-08-2020 06:59 PM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

The most common cases, if you had a runny nose and had a low grade fever come and go for a few days, you had it.

I know some people die because of it, but people die from the flu every year and that's even with a vaccine.

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Old Post 08-08-2020 07:11 PM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote