UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Probiotics, Prebiotics & Enzymes
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Probiotics, Prebiotics & Enzymes

The video below is very long winded...but be patient, it is very informative, not only for your dogs but we can apply that knowledge to our own health...there are many products out there for humans as well...

On the video the vet speaks about dog food...I will say I have had issues with a certain dog food several years back...bad coats, weight loss, ear infections, runny eyes and noses...one dog was scratching ears so much and shaking his head that his ears were bleeding at the tips...I can normally treat all these ailments but nothing helped...I suspected food issues from all the threads on here at that time even though I had fed that dog food for years...also feeding dogs of this size for many years I noticed in trying to maintain their weight I was feeding winter rations in the middle of summer...and it wasn’t enough...I swapped dog food and dogs got better within a few weeks and were back on normal schedule within a month...

I also now add probiotics to my dogs food bowl every 4 or 5 months once a day for about a week...I buy a 8.46 ounce container of probiotics at TSC (Tractor Supply)...they also sell a large container as a discounted price directly related to higher quantity...

after watching this video I am buying the large container and feed 7 consecutive days per month...and because of video I will upgrade to the one that contains prebiotics as well...and hopefully one that contains the proper enzymes as well if affordable...

https://thecaninecode.com/index_m.php?n=db

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-04-2020 05:57 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

My dogs seemed to look better and their stools have improved using Probios from TSC...it is located in the Horse section of Supplements...we get the best deals buying for livestock especially horses...

After watching the video I will probably mix Several to at least have prebiotics, probiotics and enzymes...but I will buy the economy sizes...

Old Post 07-05-2020 01:56 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CBkennels
UKC Forum Member

Another very good product is synacore. I know the people that own the company, if you are hunting a dog hard it will amaze you at the increased energy also has probiotics and vitamins. If anyone is interested get ahold of me I'll put you in touch with them. Cost roughly a dollar a day. Give it 30 days you will buy more. Great for momma dogs also.

Home of
Dual Grand CB's Duramax Deisel Rip

Nitch grchPR CB's Somewheres Stylish Yeti (Somewheres Stylish Coma x dual grand Gabby

Just remember"light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear to be bright untill you hear them speak."

Old Post 07-05-2020 04:08 AM
CBkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CBkennels Click here to Send CBkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email CBkennels Visit CBkennels's homepage! Find more posts by CBkennels Add CBkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Reuben

Very interesting video. Brings a few question to my mind. A lot of talk on dog foods on here. Could it be the dogs are not digesting it, there for not getting nutrition out of it? I have probiotic for the calves that is labeled for dogs. Started giving it today. I have a female that is always scratching. Curious to see if this will take care of it. Will be a lot cheaper than the shampoos.

I buy most of my supplies from this company. PBS Animal Health. They carry lot more than the farm stores. Just google them.

Thanks for sharing.

Randi Bidlack

Old Post 07-05-2020 04:18 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

I checked with PBS Animal Health...
Looks like I might buy

“TOTAL Pre- Probiotics” in the large container...

Thanks...

Old Post 07-05-2020 08:58 PM
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

BTT

BTT

Old Post 10-29-2020 12:00 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

About a month ago while stopping at the feed store to pick up some dog food the store owner asked if I was interested in items that were out of date for a dollar each...making a long story short...for less than twenty bucks I bought about 500 dollars worth of supplies for dogs and livestock...I gave most to my brother on account he has a farm...

I did keep a large bottle of ivermectin, a large bottle of probios (probiotics), I also kept two 1 lb bags of Colostrum Supplement...

I have used one Colostrum Supplement on all my dogs...just sprinkle a little bit on the dog food and the dogs go crazy over it...dogs look exceptionally healthy...

It you decide to try it just be careful with it...it is loaded with vitamins and minerals...

Old Post 11-07-2020 03:21 AM