UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Garmin Tip of the Day
Pages (17): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

I have an Alpha.If I scroll out pass 40yards my dog disappears off the map how can I fix this

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-28-2017 10:41 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Try menu the restore defaults.

Old Post 03-01-2017 02:03 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

Thanks it worked !!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can go hunting again

Old Post 03-01-2017 02:12 AM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Thank you for the question.

Old Post 03-01-2017 01:28 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Scotney
UKC Forum Member

alpha collar

one of my collars is full charged up and won't on .is there any thing i can do with it ?

Old Post 03-01-2017 10:47 PM
Corey Scotney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Scotney Click here to Send Corey Scotney a Private Message Click Here to Email Corey Scotney Find more posts by Corey Scotney Add Corey Scotney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Webb
UKC Forum Member

GARMIN UPDATE REMOVES MAP POINTER

I know everybody loves that little red flag that pops up on your map
EXCEPT ME !!
The newest update gives you option of off/on

Grand Night Tight as a Cord

Old Post 06-05-2017 04:05 PM
David Webb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Webb Click here to Send David Webb a Private Message Click Here to Email David Webb Find more posts by David Webb Add David Webb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The Garmin Huntview card for FL is nice.

Old Post 06-21-2017 10:59 PM
Steve Shipman
UKC Forum Member

Re: GARMIN UPDATE REMOVES MAP POINTER

quote:
Originally posted by David Webb
I know everybody loves that little red flag that pops up on your map
EXCEPT ME !!
The newest update gives you option of off/on

Where's that option in the menu? I to don't like it.

CH GRPCH GRHBCH McGrady's Loko Go Rosco ( 2011 PP World Championship 9th place )
GRPCH CH GRHBCH Cedar Grove's Loko Go RC Cola ( WV High Point PP Hound 2010 & 2012)
PCH GRCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Holly NBPPA'S 1st Total Dog Winner 2011
GRPCH Jollife's Valleyveiw Cally (Pumpkin) 2011 WV High Point PP Hound
HBCH CH GRPCH Cedar Grove's Briarpatch Nugget 2011 WV PP State Run-off Winner
NTCH CH Bone's Relic Hunter (Moose)
Bone's Smooth Southern Shine [Stolen}

Old Post 06-22-2017 02:36 PM
Steve Shipman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Shipman Click here to Send Steve Shipman a Private Message Click Here to Email Steve Shipman Visit Steve Shipman's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Shipman Add Steve Shipman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

On the menu from the home page

Old Post 06-22-2017 04:18 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
On the menu from the home page
More info needed

Old Post 06-22-2017 05:15 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

shadlinc I got my words confused.

Should of said go to the menu from the MAP page and not HOME page.

First you need the 6.3 update. To check and see what update your ALPHA has you can go to your home page then SETUP the scroll to last item on menu which is ABOUT. It says version 6.3 and your good to go. Says anything less then update your ALPHA.

Once updated go the MAP page and then scroll to about the second to last item and it says MAP POINTER ON or MAP POINTER OFF. Since you want to turn it off you select MAP POINTER OFF.

Old Post 06-22-2017 06:15 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Got it. Thanks, Bruce.

Old Post 06-22-2017 06:40 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

Recently bought a 220,cant tell it was ever used ,got all the original stuff all in the hard case as if it was just bought. Do I need to do any updates or anything to it? If so,can anyone walk me thru it please?

Qualified for UKC World 2017
Won his first 4 Shows in a row
Made Champion at 11 months
Qualified for the Illinois Govenors Cup 2017
Owned & Handled by 10 yr old Lil Darik
Titus has been found!!! 4 hours north of us. Dariks Happy Again!
God Is Great!!

Bradleys Tenacious Super Star
Leons Darkside x Blue Label Lilly
2 Wins towards UKC Show Champion
Owned & Handled by 9 yr old Bradley__________________________
618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet
Hobo Hoss x Kansas Jewell

Old Post 06-22-2017 07:27 PM
B&Ttreed2017 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B&Ttreed2017 Click here to Send B&Ttreed2017 a Private Message Click Here to Email B&Ttreed2017 Find more posts by B&Ttreed2017 Add B&Ttreed2017 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

what collars do you have?

There are several places or you tube videos that expand it step by step. Just google it.

Quick thing is to go to gamins website and download webudater. Then run it and plug the usb cable into the 220 and follow the on screen instructions. Many will say if it works fine don't update it which may be some good advice. They haven't put out an update for the 220 in several years.

Old Post 06-22-2017 07:53 PM
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

Mr. Conkey

It came with a DC30. I just registered it at mygarmin.com. Im countryfied so this is Hi-Tech for me.Guess Im a few years outta date..lol..Any and all info will be greatly appreciated. I used it last night coon huntin and did notice the compass says North is South.

God Is Great!!

618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet

Old Post 06-22-2017 08:05 PM
B&Ttreed2017 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B&Ttreed2017 Click here to Send B&Ttreed2017 a Private Message Click Here to Email B&Ttreed2017 Find more posts by B&Ttreed2017 Add B&Ttreed2017 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The compass can be calibrated and on the map page there is a north up mode and track up mode. I would suggestt you going to youtube and watching some videos.

Old Post 06-22-2017 09:12 PM
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

Track..

Last night we took the hounds out and I noticed the RED track line kept commin on and off,when it was in MAP mode.

God Is Great!!

618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet

Old Post 06-26-2017 07:27 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Were you using a astro 320. If you were and the dog was the red line then you push the map button and the dog track goes away. Push it again and it comes back.

Old Post 06-26-2017 09:16 PM
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

Astro

I wish..lol..Ive got the 220. wasnt pushin any buttons,it was just goin away and commin back on its own.

God Is Great!!

618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet

Old Post 06-26-2017 09:56 PM
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

everytime i turn on the unit i have to go into settings and adjust brightness cause its off.

God Is Great!!

618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet

Old Post 07-04-2017 06:29 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

You have some strange stuff happening.

Old Post 07-04-2017 09:01 PM
Nolte
UKC Forum Member

TT15 won't add to 320

Bruce,

Got a question and figure you are the guy to help me out.

I've got a TT15 that I tried to add to an Astro 320. It previously was used on an alpha. Anyway, I turned it on and went to add the collar by touching it to the 320 but it just won't add. It says no communication with collar and says to retry. I tried to add it to a different 320 with the same result. I also tried a mini tt15 to both and nada. I did update all the software after it did not work the first 20 times. That didn't work either. I can't add via punching in the ID because it had an alpha ID.

Any ideas on how I might get it linked up to an astro? I mainly use it so other guys can track my dogs on their astro. I still use the Alpha system myself.

Thanks,
Nick

Old Post 07-05-2017 08:28 PM
Nolte is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nolte Click here to Send Nolte a Private Message Find more posts by Nolte Add Nolte to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

Do only the Mini TT 15's have sleep mode?

Old Post 07-05-2017 08:34 PM
Duckassassin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duckassassin Click here to Send Duckassassin a Private Message Find more posts by Duckassassin Add Duckassassin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jculler8
UKC Forum Member

Re: TT15 won't add to 320

quote:
Originally posted by Nolte
Bruce,

Got a question and figure you are the guy to help me out.

I've got a TT15 that I tried to add to an Astro 320. It previously was used on an alpha. Anyway, I turned it on and went to add the collar by touching it to the 320 but it just won't add. It says no communication with collar and says to retry. I tried to add it to a different 320 with the same result. I also tried a mini tt15 to both and nada. I did update all the software after it did not work the first 20 times. That didn't work either. I can't add via punching in the ID because it had an alpha ID.

Any ideas on how I might get it linked up to an astro? I mainly use it so other guys can track my dogs on their astro. I still use the Alpha system myself.

Thanks,
Nick

Nick,

You got to hold the power button on the TT15 while pairing with your 320 at the same time.

HOME OF

PKC CH GRNITECH GRCH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE HTX 2013 UKC Top 100 (May 2006-January 2017)

'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU (May 2006-June 2016)

PKC CH NITECH GRCH 'PR' COON BUSTIN' WHITE STUFF

CH 'PR' GOLD RUSH EXPO

'PR' BLACK KNIGHT'S BALU JETTA (May 2013-October 2015)

CH 'PR' CHERRY CREEK XBOX 2016 Treeing Walker Days King of Show

Old Post 07-05-2017 11:38 PM
jculler8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jculler8 Click here to Send jculler8 a Private Message Click Here to Email jculler8 Visit jculler8's homepage! Find more posts by jculler8 Add jculler8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pztrailman
UKC Forum Member

I don't think you can run it on a Astro and Alpha at the same time.

Old Post 07-06-2017 02:02 AM
pztrailman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pztrailman Click here to Send pztrailman a Private Message Click Here to Email pztrailman Find more posts by pztrailman Add pztrailman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote