UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Question for anyone
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

Question for anyone

Has anyone ever seen a blue treeing walker coonhound puppy her mom is ladner’s Wild maya and the dad is ladner’s wild tomahawk? They threw blue walker pups that are tri colored. If I knew how to post pictures I would.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-04-2019 02:08 AM
Jessica knight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jessica knight Click here to Send Jessica knight a Private Message Click Here to Email Jessica knight Find more posts by Jessica knight Add Jessica knight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coby Wright
UKC Forum Member

Re: Question for anyone

quote:
Originally posted by Jessica knight
Has anyone ever seen a blue treeing walker coonhound puppy her mom is ladner’s Wild maya and the dad is ladner’s wild tomahawk? They threw blue walker pups that are tri colored. If I knew how to post pictures I would.

I have never seen it, but I've heard about it happening.

Both Walkers and Blueticks originated from the English breed, so it's possible as they share some ancestors.

At Stud: Gr. Nt. Ch. Wright's Stylish Lotto Bawls (click here to see ad)

Former Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Bawling Rebel.

Old Post 10-04-2019 02:58 AM
Coby Wright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coby Wright Click here to Send Coby Wright a Private Message Visit Coby Wright's homepage! Find more posts by Coby Wright Add Coby Wright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

Yes, I saw one that was "meter box gray" once too. If I'm not mistaken; the blue color is caused in some way by a recessive gene in what should have been black. I've seen some discussion about this but don't recall everything that was said.

ps......the gray puppy was directly out of Lipper; for what that's worth.

Old Post 10-04-2019 02:58 AM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tommygunner
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Clif Owen
Yes, I saw one that was "meter box gray" once too. If I'm not mistaken; the blue color is caused in some way by a recessive gene in what should have been black. I've seen some discussion about this but don't recall everything that was said.

ps......the gray puppy was directly out of Lipper; for what that's worth.

I call BS, Lipper never threw nothing but beautiful pups

Old Post 10-04-2019 12:48 PM
tommygunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tommygunner Click here to Send tommygunner a Private Message Click Here to Email tommygunner Find more posts by tommygunner Add tommygunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by tommygunner

Depends on whichever lipper your talking about the Texas lipper or the Missouri lipper.

Tar

Old Post 10-04-2019 01:11 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

What ever happened in that breeding hasn’t happened before. They are some pretty pup though.

Old Post 10-04-2019 02:00 PM
Jessica knight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jessica knight Click here to Send Jessica knight a Private Message Click Here to Email Jessica knight Find more posts by Jessica knight Add Jessica knight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tommygunner
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
Depends on whichever lipper your talking about the Texas lipper or the Missouri lipper.

Tar

Old Post 10-04-2019 02:19 PM
tommygunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tommygunner Click here to Send tommygunner a Private Message Click Here to Email tommygunner Find more posts by tommygunner Add tommygunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Clif Owen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tommygunner

Including the ones that looked like collies? I recall one or 2 of those also.

Old Post 10-04-2019 07:46 PM
Clif Owen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Clif Owen Click here to Send Clif Owen a Private Message Click Here to Email Clif Owen Find more posts by Clif Owen Add Clif Owen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

I have heard some people say the color is gray, blueish gray, blueish, and grayish black. When a picture is shown it is usually the color I am familiar with.

This color has been around for a long time in several different strains in walkers. It is caused by a modifier gene that interacts with the black color gene.

The genetics of dog color are well documented in dog breeding literature. If anyone is interested in more details, have information in one of my many books I could look up.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 10-04-2019 10:13 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

I have heard some people say the color is gray, blueish gray, blueish, and grayish black. When a picture is shown it is usually the color I am familiar with.

This color has been around for a long time in several different strains in walkers. It is caused by a modifier gene that interacts with the black color gene.

The genetics of dog color are well documented in dog breeding literature. If anyone is interested in more details, have information in one of my many books I could look up.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 10-04-2019 10:13 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote