UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Field Operations :: Show Operations :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Redbones > $2,000 Sixteen Dog Redbone Invitational Hunt
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Crooks are crooks and slick handlers are slick handlers. You don't have to be a crook to be a slick handler and most crooks aren't smart enough to be very slick.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 04-21-2019 at 08:34 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-21-2019 08:30 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Crazy Luke
UKC Forum Member

Define please

What makes a slick handler? If another dog is babbling and the handler won't strike it and mine strikes and I take a first strike is that slick handling? If another dog trees and a guy won'e tree it and mine trees and I take a first tree is that slick handling. Do I have to tell another handler the rules and if I don't is that slick handling. How bout if a guy say's he is sick lay's down in the woods because he dog is not treed and when he dog trees jumps up and runs to the tree, is that slick handling or cheating? I been doing this a long time and have seen a bunch of crap going on. The best way to defend yourself is to know the rules and know your dog. There are ways to deal with cheaters and slick handlers and you had better get it figured out if you don't want to go home mad every hunt. Most guys just can't take getting beat and think they have a dog that is not as good as they think it is. One time I hunted with a known cheater and my reply to the guy driving with me was this, "I ain't winning, but he ain't winning either. I strike my dog when it strikes and tree my dog when it trees. Other then that I expect the other handlers to do the same. Mark Lucas

Old Post 04-22-2019 01:59 AM
Crazy Luke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Crazy Luke Click here to Send Crazy Luke a Private Message Click Here to Email Crazy Luke Find more posts by Crazy Luke Add Crazy Luke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Outlaw
UKC Forum Member

All I know is there are a whole lot of guys in this sport who cant admit they got beat by a better dog or a better handler .....so whenever they lose....they say they got cheated by a crook or slick handler.
There are crooks and there are slick handlers....but there are a whole lot more sore losers and cry babies who dont know how to lose without crying fowl everytime and badmouthing the dog or handler who beat them fair and square by the rules. Nobody wins every cast and even the best dogs out there get beat sometimes.
If I was a redbone hunter going to the Nationals(which I am) ...I'd be more worried about the dogs I am gonna have to beat on Saturday night than I would about the redbone handlers I have to beat on Friday night in the all red casts.
Remember who the real competition is....and be as ready as you can to meet it head on and see how it shakes out.
Win or lose...act like a grown up!

Hoosier Outlaw / Moonlight Redbones
1994 American Redbone Coonhound Association Hunter of the Year
My first 3 redbones raised from pup's were:
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Billy the Kid
Dual Gr.Ch.- PKC Ch. Outlaw Timber Girl
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Scarlett Fever
(((( Current Favorites ))))
2013 AKC Ladies World Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch.- PKC Ch- AKC Ladies World Ch Ky Moonlight Breanna
Gr.Nt.Ch. - PKC Ch. Ky Moonlight Woody
Dual Grand Moonlight Deana
Dual Grand Ch.- PKC Ch. Moonlight AfterShock
Dual Grand Nighty Night Amber
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Britt
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Billy Jean
Gr.Nt.Ch-PKC Ch.-2015 PKC Red Days Champ Outlaw Cherry Bomb
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Breeze
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man (over $20.000 won in PKC & CHKC) 2019 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Mac
Gr.Nt.Ch. Classy Cali (Heavy Outlaw bred)
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Cat Scratch Fever
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Addiction
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Overdose
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Jinx
Nt. Moonlight Banshee
"Always outnumbered...Never outgunned!"
To enjoy lots of pics and videos of out redbones, find me on Facebook
as Shenandoah Maxey

Last edited by Hoosier Outlaw on 04-22-2019 at 02:53 AM

Old Post 04-22-2019 02:50 AM
Hoosier Outlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Outlaw Click here to Send Hoosier Outlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Outlaw Find more posts by Hoosier Outlaw Add Hoosier Outlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It is a lot easier to act like a grownup when you win.

Old Post 04-22-2019 03:33 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Outlaw
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
It is a lot easier to act like a grownup when you win.

Maybe.... but the people who impress me more are the ones who can get beat and act like a grown up....that seems to be a lot tougher for some...but it really shouldnt be. Sometimes I think kids are better at it that adults...

Hoosier Outlaw / Moonlight Redbones
1994 American Redbone Coonhound Association Hunter of the Year
My first 3 redbones raised from pup's were:
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Billy the Kid
Dual Gr.Ch.- PKC Ch. Outlaw Timber Girl
Dual Gr.Ch. Outlaw Scarlett Fever
(((( Current Favorites ))))
2013 AKC Ladies World Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch.- PKC Ch- AKC Ladies World Ch Ky Moonlight Breanna
Gr.Nt.Ch. - PKC Ch. Ky Moonlight Woody
Dual Grand Moonlight Deana
Dual Grand Ch.- PKC Ch. Moonlight AfterShock
Dual Grand Nighty Night Amber
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Big Time Britt
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Billy Jean
Gr.Nt.Ch-PKC Ch.-2015 PKC Red Days Champ Outlaw Cherry Bomb
Gr.Nt.Ch Outlaw Breeze
Gr.Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch. All Grand Outlaw G-Man (over $20.000 won in PKC & CHKC) 2019 Southern Redbone Days Overall Champion
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Outlaw Mac
Gr.Nt.Ch. Classy Cali (Heavy Outlaw bred)
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Cat Scratch Fever
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Addiction
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Overdose
Gr.Nt.Ch. Moonlight Jinx
Nt. Moonlight Banshee
"Always outnumbered...Never outgunned!"
To enjoy lots of pics and videos of out redbones, find me on Facebook
as Shenandoah Maxey

Old Post 04-22-2019 05:23 AM
Hoosier Outlaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Outlaw Click here to Send Hoosier Outlaw a Private Message Click Here to Email Hoosier Outlaw Find more posts by Hoosier Outlaw Add Hoosier Outlaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
snaggles
UKC Forum Member

cant wait for this event win loose or draw idc as long as it happens fair and square I enjoy seeing good dogs work an every time I go to hunt I hope to draw the best on the grounds so that if I do loose I can hopefully say I had a great time. But I do like feeling like I got a fighting chance lol

Old Post 04-22-2019 01:15 PM
snaggles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for snaggles Click here to Send snaggles a Private Message Click Here to Email snaggles Find more posts by snaggles Add snaggles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I watched some kids at an Easter egg hunt yesterday. They sure weren't very happy about losing or when a bigger kid swooped in and got an egg that was right in front of them.

Jayroe, but you are one of those slick hired handlers that we are talking about. Are you coming up to Jared's Thursday night? Only 3 days left, I am going to get my oil changed today, pack my clothes tomorrow and hit the road Wednesday.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 04-22-2019 at 02:06 PM

Old Post 04-22-2019 01:56 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

I hate to lose more than I like to win, but sometimes a handler has to work for the dog, but Iíd much rather be dumb and let the dog do all the work. If there was ever a way to eliminate the handler aspect, Iíd be all for it.

Safe travels everyone, maybe one day Iíll be slick enough to get hired. 🤣

Old Post 04-22-2019 02:08 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Adam Wingler
.....maybe one day Iíll be slick enough to get hired. 🤣

Didn't I draw out with you once? Shane had hired you to hunt Mac.

Old Post 04-22-2019 02:37 PM
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Didn't I draw out with you once? Shane had hired you to hunt Mac.

Half of that is true. I did draw you, that was first I had ever met ya, you tried to be slick on me, but it didnít work. 😮 and we both lost.

Old Post 04-22-2019 02:43 PM
Adam Wingler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Adam Wingler Click here to Send Adam Wingler a Private Message Click Here to Email Adam Wingler Find more posts by Adam Wingler Add Adam Wingler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Adam Wingler
UKC Forum Member

And then them two boys circled the most obvious slick Iíve ever seen, question is, do you remember his name? Cause you swore to him youíd never forget it!

Old Post 04-22-2019 02:48 PM