UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > I want to know all about current LIPPER dogs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
vernonsdream
UKC Forum Member

I want to know all about current LIPPER dogs

Good and bad
I know a guy with one that was a real late starter. Tell me all about them

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-02-2014 12:29 AM
vernonsdream is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vernonsdream Click here to Send vernonsdream a Private Message Find more posts by vernonsdream Add vernonsdream to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

It's not how they start it's how they finish!

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 05-02-2014 01:00 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004

Man, aint that the truth. Trouble is, in todays climate, (Baby Stakes, Puppy hunts) if they don't start fast, they may not get a chance to finish.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 05-02-2014 01:20 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vernonsdream
UKC Forum Member

quote:
sure is! The best dog I've ever seen didn't tree his first coon until 18 months. He ran loose. I'm just saying, that's about all I've heard. You search lipper and over 100 pages come up. No way im reading through all that

Old Post 05-02-2014 01:27 AM
vernonsdream is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vernonsdream Click here to Send vernonsdream a Private Message Find more posts by vernonsdream Add vernonsdream to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Morgan
UKC Forum Member

Mine may no fit the definition of "current Lipper dog" as he is not up close, but he does have Lipper 19 times that I know of and has a lot of the characteristics. The mouth, the track, the speed, the nose and the brains. He started at 6 months and was treeing his own at around 8 months. I have pups out of him and a direct daughter of Lipper, so we will see.

Old Post 05-02-2014 01:31 AM
David Morgan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Morgan Click here to Send David Morgan a Private Message Click Here to Email David Morgan Find more posts by David Morgan Add David Morgan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

I think most old blooded dogs start later.The flip side is most are more accurate, hunt harder,and have a real houndy mouth.It is tough hunting a dog till it's 2 years old not knowing how good it will get.I usually expect a finished dog by there 2 birthday and it takes a lot more experience than that.

Old Post 05-02-2014 01:46 AM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ol Grump
UKC Forum Member

There's a guy on here, goes by the name Lipperman, he's probably forgot more about Lipper dogs than most will ever know. Send him a PM, he can tell you anything you want to know

I feed and recommend: Retriever Hi-Energy

Old Post 05-02-2014 03:20 AM
Ol Grump is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ol Grump Click here to Send Ol Grump a Private Message Click Here to Email Ol Grump Find more posts by Ol Grump Add Ol Grump to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

Look up History Nut he can help as well

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 05-02-2014 09:14 AM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chip johnson
UKC Forum Member

i have a 10 month old female that has lippers little buddy twice in the fourth generation on the bottom side, lipper 4 times. At 4 months old i had her trailing drags,she is fast trailing with a lot of drive. You won't see her standing around at your feet. So far she is the easiest dog i have trained.

I have another male with lipper 6 times, he wasn't a early starter. He has a completly differant personality than my female. He also has a lot of drive.

I think just like any other dog some are going to start early and some are going to start later. Lots of them are known for track speed but i have seen some that are slow to. Most are cold nosed trailing type of dogs that can smoke a track with a lot of hunt drive

Old Post 05-02-2014 02:58 PM
chip johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chip johnson Click here to Send chip johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email chip johnson Find more posts by chip johnson Add chip johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pigeon
UKC Forum Member

They have won some shows. Other than that I don't recall any Lipper dogs winning big hunts.

Do you know how much money you could win with that dog?.................Now ask if I care.

Old Post 05-02-2014 06:55 PM
Pigeon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pigeon Click here to Send Pigeon a Private Message Find more posts by Pigeon Add Pigeon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ol Grump
UKC Forum Member

Now there are a few that's to valuable to hunt, but for the most part, they were some get yonder, track drivin, have a pelt hangin type of dogs

Old Post 05-02-2014 07:03 PM
Ol Grump is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ol Grump Click here to Send Ol Grump a Private Message Click Here to Email Ol Grump Find more posts by Ol Grump Add Ol Grump to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Pigeon
They have won some shows. Other than that I don't recall any Lipper dogs winning big hunts.

Really, Dual Gn Stylish Lipper went from pr to Dual Gn and 14th in 2004 UKC world, all In 4 months, 5 different States, won Ohio Governor Cup, Hunt an Show, 2nd at the Zones.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 05-02-2014 07:18 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StrawberryMt
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chip johnson
i have a 10 month old female that has lippers little buddy twice in the fourth generation on the bottom side, lipper 4 times. At 4 months old i had her trailing drags,she is fast trailing with a lot of drive. You won't see her standing around at your feet. So far she is the easiest dog i have trained.

I have another male with lipper 6 times, he wasn't a early starter. He has a completly differant personality than my female. He also has a lot of drive.

I think just like any other dog some are going to start early and some are going to start later. Lots of them are known for track speed but i have seen some that are slow to. Most are cold nosed trailing type of dogs that can smoke a track with a lot of hunt drive

Couldn't agree more.

http://stirekcanineservices.weebly.com

Old Post 05-02-2014 07:23 PM
StrawberryMt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StrawberryMt Click here to Send StrawberryMt a Private Message Click Here to Email StrawberryMt Find more posts by StrawberryMt Add StrawberryMt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CCB2012
UKC Forum Member

I have one that turned 2 in February that is sackett and lipper. Big bawl mouth 3 long dying locates and chops when he is alone but will bawl if a dog backs him. Sounds just like the recording of lipper bawling on tree. Absolutely will not back a dog but will hold pressure if one comes to him. Very accurate and will tree a layup like no other. That being said he didn't come around till almost 2. He had treed coon earlier but would back every slick treeing idiot in the woods. Hunted him about 5 months by himself then one night a friend brought a female over, and never even went in the same direction as her. Like something inside him just flipped the switch.

Old Post 05-02-2014 07:29 PM
CCB2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CCB2012 Click here to Send CCB2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email CCB2012 Find more posts by CCB2012 Add CCB2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ol Grump
UKC Forum Member

They say that dog, Doc Law, that J. Beard owns is really nice... And is throwing the same traits... Say he starts his locate bout 100 yards from the tree, just like his daddy did

Old Post 05-02-2014 08:11 PM
Dirtdevil
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Ol Grump
They say that dog, Doc Law, that J. Beard owns is really nice... And is throwing the same traits... Say he starts his locate bout 100 yards from the tree, just like his daddy did

A rare trail that few have seen and will spoil you ...

I heard that Dr Law farts louder than most can bark ... and some say he is immune to zombie bites.

Old Post 05-02-2014 08:36 PM
Dirtdevil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dirtdevil Click here to Send Dirtdevil a Private Message Find more posts by Dirtdevil Add Dirtdevil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pigeon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Really, Dual Gn Stylish Lipper went from pr to Dual Gn and 14th in 2004 UKC world, all In 4 months, 5 different States, won Ohio Governor Cup, Hunt an Show, 2nd at the Zones.

I apologize. I was referring to the litter of Impact and there pups.

Do you know how much money you could win with that dog?.................Now ask if I care.

Old Post 05-02-2014 09:06 PM
Pigeon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pigeon Click here to Send Pigeon a Private Message Find more posts by Pigeon Add Pigeon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

I have hunted 45 yrs with every breed that draws breath lipper dogs are by no means perfect but I love them they got braines and track driving ability I am currently hunting the best hound I ever followed out of skuana river bark and I have had some nice ones and he is throwing some nice ones also. Crossing lipper dogs back on wipeout and rat attack will put you in the drivers seat.

Old Post 05-02-2014 09:18 PM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Mine very well could have lipper in her. Ive never looked at her papers.

Old Post 05-03-2014 03:00 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote