UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Honor Rules...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

Honor Rules...

In a forum filled with Complaints of cheating and dishonesty it amazes me how many people will argue to keep these so called “Honor Rules”.
I’m going to touch on 2 of these rules in particular in this post #1 Scratching or minusing for Off game without visually seeing it.
#2 scratched for dog fight without seeing it.
The first one. Scratching or minusing a dog for off game without visually seeing it. Right now you can be scratched for having a top track dog traveling at a way higher than average speed on a coon track or for going to slow on a coon track and being accused of cold trailing a coyote or for even smelling like a skunk even. Here’s the deal UKC is getting bigger and better and they are giving away big chunks of money now. A lot of you die hard UKC guys are right when you say that money makes ppl do crazy things. Do you realize how easy it truly is to scratch someone for running off game? At any time the judge can say your scratched and it takes a MAJORITY to over turn it. If the vote is 2-2 your done catch your dog and go home. I promise you guys this the type of shrewd handlers that you will see at the Zone hunts this year are going to use EVERY RULE TO THERE ADVANTAGE. Why make it so easy to eliminate competition? I’m gonna throw this out there for and example A boy in Indiana has a dog that averages between 15 and 21 mph on the garmin every single time you turn him loose and guy in Missouri has one that’s between 14 and 19 mph every single time he turns him loose. You’d think they were running deer every time they struck a coon. Do those sound like the type of dogs you want to try and beat? Absolutely not so you scratch them.
#2 scratched for fighting without seeing it. This one here blows my mind as well. In a 4 dog cast ANYTIME 2 dogs get treed together you can scratch them this too takes a majority to overturn you think at the Zones that these guys will truly care whether or not they are fighting? The answer is no but now they have a 2 dog cast. Not only that say you really did draw a rough dog he’s in there killing another dog and you scratch them both. Is that fair? Or say there is something crazy happening at the tree and it sounds like a dog fight but when you get there that wasn’t the case at all. Can you take a scratch back after it’s been issued?
I was at a $KC hunt in Laplata Mo a few years ago and Shack got treed another dog backed him at about the 4 minute mark for 25 it sounded like WW3 had broken loose in there. Had it been your Local $15 dollar UKC hunt they would have scratched us from 700 yards away. Instead we ran in there with me and the other handler knowing we were going home. They were treed in a fence row on a tree that had a Hotwire peg drove in it. When Shack was by himself he was on the back side when the other dog came in they were hitting that wire and screaming.
Me being honest I would never do it but I promise you I’m a good enough handler that I could easily Scratch my way through the Zones to get to the world hunt and I guarantee you that someone does.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-27-2019 04:01 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Al Medcalf
UKC Forum Member

Honor rules

A man must be a man of honor for honor rules to work. Men of honor are getting harder and harder to find these days.

Old Post 06-27-2019 05:27 AM
Al Medcalf is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Al Medcalf Click here to Send Al Medcalf a Private Message Click Here to Email Al Medcalf Find more posts by Al Medcalf Add Al Medcalf to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
honalieh
UKC Forum Member

Re: Honor rules

quote:
Originally posted by Al Medcalf
A man must be a man of honor for honor rules to work. Men of honor are getting harder and harder to find these days.

Agree 100%. If PEOPLE act honorably, we don't really have problems or issues. And, if PEOPLE don't act honorably, rules and/or rule changes will never fix that issue.

Old Post 06-27-2019 05:54 AM
honalieh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for honalieh Click here to Send honalieh a Private Message Click Here to Email honalieh Find more posts by honalieh Add honalieh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Re: Honor rules

quote:
Originally posted by honalieh
Agree 100%. If PEOPLE act honorably, we don't really have problems or issues. And, if PEOPLE don't act honorably, rules and/or rule changes will never fix that issue.

We can't fix people but through slight tweaks in current rules you can take away power given to those people. Fix the rules they can use nefariously.
Very few of you are prepared.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 06-27-2019 06:02 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I would like to say I enjoy reading what all of Team Mafia has to say about CoonHunting, Dogs and the Rules.
Why? Because they are involved in the sport at a level that wants to produce the best dogs and also maintain a fair playing field for everyone.

Old Post 06-27-2019 11:48 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I would like to say I enjoy reading what all of Team Mafia has to say about CoonHunting, Dogs and the Rules.
Why? Because they are involved in the sport at a level that wants to produce the best dogs and also maintain a fair playing field for everyone.

I like to read about scandals ! No sugar and spice and everything nice for me lol.

Tar

Old Post 06-27-2019 12:45 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J.H. Sills
UKC Forum Member

Best part of that novel “me being honest id never do it but...”

Old Post 06-27-2019 02:06 PM
J.H. Sills is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J.H. Sills Click here to Send J.H. Sills a Private Message Click Here to Email J.H. Sills Find more posts by J.H. Sills Add J.H. Sills to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

Dalton and the redneck mafia I agree with most of what your saying.
I don't agree with the statement about the 2 dogs fighting stuff. The example Dalton gave yes neither dog needed scratched.
But the example of the truly mean dog, yes preparation to go home disappointed for both dogs should be part of the ukc hunts. Not fair I know. I grew up in a big family on a farm with tons of work and no silver spoon. Didn't take me long to realize all isn't going to be fair. Just because it's not fair doesn't mean it's not for the betterment of the sport.

Old Post 06-27-2019 02:11 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

How many times have you been scratched or minused for off game?

Old Post 06-27-2019 02:23 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

If a dog is quilled from it's lips to it's tonsils I don't need to see the porky to know what happened.

Old Post 06-27-2019 04:30 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman

Exactly... can’t say I’ve ever been on a cast where a dogs been scratched for fighting without seeing it, been on one cast where this rule should have been used but judge continuously wanted to wait until the dogs settled things in there before we went into the tree. Been scratched myself for off game without seeing the game 3 times, one time for running a deer(without a doubt in my mind either that’s what was going on) and other 2 times for being quilled, one of them times I question if she run into it with where/how few of quills and how the whole drop went down but is what it is.

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Last edited by Autumn Clements on 06-27-2019 at 07:32 PM

Old Post 06-27-2019 07:30 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chad spencer
UKC Forum Member

Men of honor

That whole dang family is some of the most honorable there is around.

Old Post 06-27-2019 11:37 PM
Chad spencer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chad spencer Click here to Send Chad spencer a Private Message Find more posts by Chad spencer Add Chad spencer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

I have to agree with Dalton, there are those who exercise any and all power they may have to scratch a solid contender. I Hate an ill dog, but I think the current rules are way to vague and are misused, regarding scratching a dog and running off game. If you do not see these infractions, how can you scratch beyond a doubt. Clarity should be the deciding factor, seeing is believing. Dave

Old Post 06-27-2019 11:41 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

The better a dog you got the less rules you have to know. You get majority voted down here we call it getting brouther in lawed. Ain’t nothing you can do but go to the next hunt.

Tar

Old Post 06-28-2019 12:54 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

That is the way it should be, but we both know that it's not always that way. Tweak the rules and make the hunts about the DOGS not about a slick handler/s. Dave

Old Post 06-28-2019 01:05 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
That is the way it should be, but we both know that it's not always that way. Tweak the rules and make the hunts about the DOGS not about a slick handler/s. Dave

Dave if they pass the ukc will have the best rules on the planet all we lack is passing them.

If the hunt director gets to hunt , tree count down and no leash lock passes I will open the old club back up. One hour double header minie slams will be all I have.

Tar

Old Post 06-28-2019 01:15 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Let us hope that these RULES will pass, I really believe it would be a major step forward for UKC and our future hunts. Dave

Old Post 06-28-2019 01:52 AM
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
The better a dog you got the less rules you have to know. You get majority voted down here we call it getting brouther in lawed. Ain’t nothing you can do but go to the next hunt.

Tar

Tar I agree , get a real coon dog , call him for what he does an he will take care of you. Want win them all , but your fair share.

Old Post 06-28-2019 04:31 AM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Honor rules

quote:
Originally posted by honalieh
If people acted honorably we wouldn't need a fighting rule.

Old Post 06-28-2019 04:44 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by T Felderman

I have never seen someone minused or scratched for off game that wasn't seen. I did see 2 dog's scratched for fighting once when something was heard over 1/4 mile away, but all was good when we got to the tree. I didn't much agree with that one.

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 06-28-2019 01:15 PM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

The bigger picture...

What Dalton is getting at something myself, Dalton, Cheyenne, and Jennifer along with numerous other people have sat and discussed for hours. When you bring money into the picture you bring a whole different kind of people. For the most part it appears to me that people that go to the bigger UKC hunts and support them 100% tend to claim them as their turf and rarely step over in the $KC's. Not too many people travel back and forth from different KC's. We on the other hand may hunt a PKC DH tonight and a UKC DH tomorrow night. When you drag these individuals over to hunt for money it is going to get nasty. "Honor Rules" has been the way its went for UKC members for years. Well Gray area and knowing black and white is where it's been for $KC members. Hunting both sides I know exactly how it goes. As a kennel club those rule loopholes can and will be used against someone if not closed up guaranteed. Our own local club had several come to our RQE and participate and get qualified that literally hasn't hunted in UKC in years. Watch out because it's coming!