UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

cross

Steeb, that would be a very good cross IMO. He is really producing some nice ones and I would make that ride if I was you. A cross like that would be worth making and if you sold a few i don't think you would have any trouble finding them homes.
Just made it back in from our racing trip and man am i tired. Need anther vacation to get over the vacation. My hounds were happy to see me and i was sure glad to see them but they put on some weight while i was gone. My Mom and Dad stayed here and took care of them and i believe she give them a little extra each day. Starting Tuesday night we all going to lose some weight around here. I will be glad to be back in the woods. Good Hunting!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-30-2014 01:57 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

HUNTING

Last night was one of those hunts that you don't have anything to brag about. First hunt in over a week and it showed. Mr. B.H. came and brought Boo Boo. I was just taking Speck but at last minute loaded Bo on 4 wheeler too. We went to Black Branch Swamp and cut em loose. Speck left out pretty quick as Bo and Boo Boo stayed within 200yds and came back in about 10 minutes . A limb and a boot helped get them kick started and Boo Boo struck and was moving out pretty good. Bo put in with him but wasn't sounding right and I told Mr. B.H. so. He said they needed to bay it or tree it so we could tell for sure but my tri- tronics finger was itching bad even though Bo has been straight to this point you always wonder. Well in a little bit Bo located a few times but didn't stick and Boo Boo kept going but Bo didn't put in again. After a while it broke down and they came back. Checked Garmin as I hadn't heard Speck and he was over 900yds the other way and moving on. We rode around and got within 300 and he was treed when we stopped. I went in and got him and could see tree good coming in but didn't see him look. Didn't waste time squalling or looking any as it was so hot so I just hooked him up and got him to some water. I know my hound and how accurate he is or isn't and this time of year if they been treed a while getting them off and to water is my number one priority. Bo and Boo Boo ran something that wasn't right but it wasn't a deer. That's hunting, lay them up a week or two and start training all over again for some. Good Hunting!

Old Post 07-01-2014 03:44 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Steve I went over to Dans yesterday and observed pups for awhile they are all very nice and it would be real hard to pick one over the other. And yes 7 week old puppies will tree up on scent!

Old Post 07-01-2014 07:30 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Steve this time of the year really seperates the hard hunters from the part timers. You are keeping them in the woods and it will pay off. I am like you and hate to see one treed very long in this heat. Good luck and hopefully this heat will pass quickly.
Darren

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 07-01-2014 08:38 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

HUNTING

Ron, that sounds encouraging . Tell Danny to send me the one that trees that scent the hardest, loudest and stays put! lol! I was going to pick that pup up while I was at Kentucky Speedway but he isn't as close as I thought. It would have been another hard days driving up there and back to Kentucky to get her then a hard days driving to get home. Corky Burke is picking her up for me a week from today. Looking forward to getting her down here with this gang of mine.
Darren, got a 1 acre sweet corn patch that the coon are in right now that I'm going to hit tonight and get Bo refocused . Hoping for a good hot race with eyes at the end that puts fur in the mouth, take care.

Old Post 07-01-2014 10:21 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Good Hunt and BAD Luck

I skipped going to the sweet corn patch and instead Mr. B.H. and I rode the 4 wheelers to that new 600 acre spot I haven't hunted yet. Decided to wait until tomorrow night and hunt Bell in the corn. She needs that hot race more than Bo. We cut them loose and after about 10 minutes Bo opened right at 350yds and Speck went left and opened at 500yds. Boo Boo was with Speck and they worked a track up the river so we rode their way as Bo was just opening here and there. We got within 200 of Speck and had been there a few minutes when Bo located with 2 big bawls and went to treeing hard. He was about 760yds back where we came from so we turned them around and drove within 185yds of him. I took the gun, got in there and hooked him to a tree and took a look. He was on a big bushy water oak but I found him and busted him on out. Bo wanted to carry him back and show B. H. that we weren't just shooting in the air so I let him. I was proud too. He looked real good, what a turn around from last night. Went and got Speck and Boo Boo and drove deeper into cypress swamp and recut them. Again Speck went left and Bo right. After a while and no strike Speck came in so loaded him up. Looked at garmin Bo was 633yds but was starting to come back. He got about 150 from us and squalled out a couple times. Came running on in and I didn't think much of it until I went to cut them again and he looked sick. SNAKE BIT. On his right back foot . Looked bad for an hour but when I got him home he eat some of his feed and looked better so I believe he will be OK. Going to hit that sweet corn with Bell tomorrow night and see if she can put one up. Good Hunting!

Old Post 07-02-2014 07:33 AM
Kenny357
UKC Forum Member

Steve, glad to hear Bo is progressing for you. Hopefully he'll be over the snake bite soon. I figured dealing with snake bites was part of the territory in your neck of the woods. I really like the way Bo looks he sure is pretty hound.

Old Post 07-02-2014 03:20 PM
Kenny357 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenny357 Click here to Send Kenny357 a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenny357 Find more posts by Kenny357 Add Kenny357 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo

Thanks Kenny, yes snakes come with the hunting around here for about 8 months of the year. He is in good spirits this morning but foot and bottom half of leg swole up bad. Few days from now he will be back at it. I should have got an updated video to share with you as he was really hammering but just excited last night was first night of LEGAL training season where we can put one out a night that all I was thinking was find and shoot. Will get one soon, take care.

Old Post 07-02-2014 03:45 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Rained out

Sweet corn patch will have to wait until tomorrow night, bad thunderstorms here tonight. Tired of this rain.

Old Post 07-03-2014 03:09 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

I sure hate to hear you got ole Bo Snake Bit. I've had a few bitten through the years, but I guess not very many for the amount of them that we have. I guess over the last couple of years I've worried more about aligators than snakes. I have never lost a dog to either one of them, but I've seen plenty of them and I know that they are sure capable of taking a dog out. I've watched them follow a dog around the edge of the river or lake while the dog was trailing near the edge. Steve I don't follow racing much, did all you drivers win while you were there. Steve I sure hope ole Bo is soon ready to get back in the woods. Good Hunting----------Jack

Old Post 07-03-2014 03:17 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Racing

No Mr. Jack my driver Jimmie Johnson didn't win, he placed 10th. Brad Keselowski , better known as Bad Brad got the win. My grandson loves to see the smoke off their tires at the end when they celebrate, he's a Jimmie fan but at the end as long as they burn it down he's happy. Bo will be ready to go in a few days. Before rain set in he was bawling at dark ready to go but leg is still swollen. I saw on your thread or Darrens that yaw are working on getting a BBOA State Hunt together. If you all need some help in any way just tell me what you need me to do. Take care and Good Hunting.

Old Post 07-03-2014 03:32 AM
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

hd to miss tonight she thinks its date nite??? dinner and visit with friends guess now off to bed but I have hit it hard again 1st ive missed this week,so here I go with more punishment lol

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 07-03-2014 04:31 AM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Enjoy your 4TH of JULY! GOD BLESS AMERICA AND OUR TROOPS!

Old Post 07-04-2014 01:06 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

HUNTING

Mr. B. H. and I went again Thursday night and put Boo Boo and Bell on a hot track that they treed on a big cypress. Treed good but we couldn't find him to put out to them. Cut them again with Speck and he grubbed up a tough track down through the swamp to a beaver pond then let it get away from him and we called it a night. This morning I got up at 3: 30 and took Bell and Speck to Black Branch Swamp and cutem loose. Speck started working a rough track down the creek a few hundred yards, made a wide loop with it and came back by me moving pretty good. In a bit Bell started putting in with him and they really got going. I drove the 4 wheeler out of swamp and when I got off to lock gate I checked Garmin and they were 0.90 mi. I took off up the little road and got within 230 of them and Speck was treed. Got in to him and he was on a den. Bell came in and I snapped them up and came on in as it was good daylight by then. After Nascar race tonight going to cut Speck and Bell again. Bo's turn by himself tomorrow night as he is over being snake bit. Been giving him 2 shots penicillin per day and swelling is gone and he's back to raising hell when I leave without him. Good to GO!

Old Post 07-05-2014 11:25 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

I'm glad Bo is OK and back ready for action. Sounds like Speck is really doing good and Bell is doing better every time out. These young dogs can sure make you want to go hunting cant they. Have you gotten your pup from Danny G. yet. That should be another good one. Take care Steve and good hunting----------Jack

Old Post 07-09-2014 08:43 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Jack

Corky will be here early in the morning with my new pup from Danny. Took Bo by himself last night and 3 drops and no strikes. Caught a coon out of my sweet corn and turned it loose this evening for Bell. Give him 15 minutes then went and got her and cut her loose and she ran and treed him about 200 yards in. I had brought Bo but she didn't need him. Made a little video that I will post tomorrow. Trying to help get her on better tracks than they have been striking. Scot had said she was a tree dog starting to run track and that is what she is and I have seen her getting better with every drop. Far from a coonhound but I believe she's going to get there. I'm sure the hard winter in Michigan had her setting up at a time in her life she was ready to go. Take care and Good Hunting.

Old Post 07-09-2014 11:45 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BELL TREED ON TURNOUT

Bell treed on turnout yesterday evening. I had Bo in case she needed help but she didn't. Coon didn't go far. You know how it is, need to get one tracking better coon goes up first tree it gets too. Need to work with one on treeing and coon runs like his hair is on fire. I led Bo in after she treed and I saw she had him. Click on picture to see video.

Old Post 07-10-2014 03:08 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Nice

She sounds some like Ruger. Lou is a 120 plus a minute tree dog with a quick loud chop. Ruger is a loud bawl mouth tree dog. Good luck with her. Dave

Old Post 07-10-2014 06:14 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BELL

Thanks Dave. Took her last night and she split treed in a young pine thicket that was full of blackberries. They were winding a coon in there and she settled on one tree and B. H. Patterson's dog Max on another about 20' away. Thick as all get out and I couldn't find him in either tree. I love a good tree dog chop or bawl but I really like a bawl mouth tree dog best and her and Bo really sound good on the wood to me. I'm going to put them around the edge of some cornfields soon and try to get them on some good tracks. Time will tell how they finish out but have high hopes she will finish out into a good one. Take care and Good Hunting!

Old Post 07-10-2014 11:10 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BUGEYED BO

Old Post 07-11-2014 01:21 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Ruger

Ruger

Ruger
Took these two pictures Steve on 7/6/2014 of Bell's sire Ruger. Hadn't hunted him this Spring. He didn't look the best but treed twice with three coon. There were two kits in the small tree. I have been getting good reports on the young dogs. Mike Blevins ( Ohio ) and Danny Adams from Al are hunting two they like and the report is they are all real Loud. Hope Bell turns into a nice dog. Dave

Old Post 07-11-2014 01:21 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BELL

Picture I took on that turnout of Bell. She has plenty volume for me Dave and hope she turns out as good as Ruger and Lou. Thanks for posting their picture.

Old Post 07-11-2014 01:27 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

RAIN

My new pup Rain from Danny G. that is out of Alice and Gauge. Took to swimming yesterday like a river otter.

Old Post 07-11-2014 01:33 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BO's Baby Deer

Took Bo out for a round at 3:30 this morning. He left out quick but watching the Garmin when he got to around 230yds he hung around in that area for 10 minutes or so then moved out fairly quick to almost 400 then looped back to 233yds. Never opened until he made that loop then he gave a mournful bawling locate. I knew it wasn't right. He would start it out low and increase in volume as it went on. First thought was he had been hit by snake again and was calling for me. I went to him and he was setting 10' from this newborn deer giving that lost sounding howl. He hadn't touched the little fellow and was so happy to see me. Acted proud of himself like he had rescued the little deer. My first thought on seeing how he was setting there howling was a picture my Grand Paw painted called " The Rescue". It was of a Collie setting in the snow by a little lamb howling for the rancher to come find them. I feel when Bo had moved out to near 400 that was probably the Doe luring him away from the fawn. Proud he didn't run mama! Bo is special, I know I keep saying it but this dog is smarter than anything I have ever raised up. He has never reared up on Mason and knocked him down. Most pups and young hounds would have bowled a kid over a few times as they grew up together. I didn't cut him loose again, just snapped him up and got away from the fawn so mama would come back. Took a picture of him in back of Kubota as we came in with the river and full moon behind him that I will post also. Good Hunting!

Old Post 07-12-2014 01:52 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Hunting under the Full Moon with BO

I hope yaw don't get tired of all these pictures I post. I like looking at pictures from all the threads I follow and I have always been a photographer at heart so I hope you enjoy. Bo coming in from hunting this morning under full moon. Going to be a Super Moon tonight and will see how the Hunting goes. Good Hunting!

Old Post 07-12-2014 02:31 PM