UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Current River
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

Current River

That place is awesome. Spent the past four days there with family an friends. The water is clear an cold. People are so polite. Passed mark twain national forest an the first thing I told my wife is I would like to turn a hound loose there. Even up an down the river seems like good hunting. Lot of hills though. Will go back for sure.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-02-2019 02:20 AM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

It is a beautiful place! I plan on passing through there and stopping at the end of the week.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-02-2019 02:51 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SEMO
UKC Forum Member

I live about 10 miles from Current River it is a really nice place to float

I hunt Mark Twain a lot , bad thing is they are clear cutting it supposedly to restore it to its natural state PINE FOREST it is mostly hardwood now oak and hickory , it will never never be worth hunting again in my life time and probably not in my grand kids either.

Where you from??

Old Post 07-06-2019 01:35 AM
SEMO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SEMO Click here to Send SEMO a Private Message Click Here to Email SEMO Find more posts by SEMO Add SEMO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SEMO
UKC Forum Member

Eleven Point and, Jacks Fork are nice too a lot less boat traffic on these

They are about 20-30 miles west of Current River

Old Post 07-06-2019 01:38 AM
SEMO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SEMO Click here to Send SEMO a Private Message Click Here to Email SEMO Find more posts by SEMO Add SEMO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

North Mississippi. It sure is nice there. People are polite, whether is hot , but humidity is not high like it is here. We have pine , mostly hard wood though. River bottoms an row crops mostly. Been here since I was 3 ,44 now. You live in a nice place, I will be back for sure. I hate pine trees. They are good for nothing.

Old Post 07-06-2019 01:43 AM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

baby names 1981
Pic I took of Big Spring today.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 07-06-2019 03:48 AM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
baby names 1981
Pic I took of Big Spring today.

Pretty picture. Just because you can see the bottom doesn’t mean to step out of the boat. It’s a place that will make the heat of summer more tolerable.

Old Post 07-06-2019 03:53 AM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
Pretty picture. Just because you can see the bottom doesn’t mean to step out of the boat. It’s a place that will make the heat of summer more tolerable.

Lol, I bet!! The bottom right there is around 80ft deep at the base of that spring, the deepest in our state. It is also one of the largest springs in the nation on water coming out of it. One of the big 3.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 07-06-2019 at 04:32 AM

Old Post 07-06-2019 04:07 AM
JCaldwell
UKC Forum Member

Awesome picture we went canoeing down there a couple of years ago best place i have been and one of my boys found a really nice arrowhead in one of the bends of the river if bluffs and rocks could talk wondering what all they have seen hope you enjoyed your time there

Old Post 07-07-2019 02:39 AM
JCaldwell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JCaldwell Click here to Send JCaldwell a Private Message Find more posts by JCaldwell Add JCaldwell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote