UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > IA,MN,Wisc youth hunt coordinators
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

IA,MN,Wisc youth hunt coordinators

Had several people ask at Wisc. event ,why are all 3 states were having their event on same date!!! Told them poor communication, I guess!! I knew Iowa was held on different date last year because something got messed up & Anamosa held in Aug.

Well, lets' start planning now for next year, so this isn't happening again. I have a plan that we could call- Tri-State Youth Challenge or whatever, if someone has better title. Schedule your youth state hunt on different dates from June thru August, when all kids are out of school. Hopefully, not on back to back weekends either, so that it wouldn't make it so tiring or hard for families to travel again, so soon. Talk to each other, so you could get these hunts set up.

Try to pick locations that could be within fairly easy driving conditions for all that want to participate, for all 3 states. Example of sites that wouldn't work- northern MN next to Canadian border, far SW IA & Green Bay/Milwaukee area for next summers schedule.

I will personally put up $500 to the YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIP for this 3 state event- $200 to high junior, $200 to high senior & $100 more to high overall. Most CW from the 3 events would win, with tie breaker being most plus points per CW added together according to UKC rules. Winner would have to participate in at least 2 out of 3 events. Anyone else wanted to donate, we could make bigger pot & split for 13 up & 12 down age groups.

For bench show kids, have the 3 state winners show against each other at last of 3 events.I'd even kick in $100 to start that pot or if we got more donations, split pot for overall & reserve.

Just a thought to maybe get something in the planning stages early enough to make it happen in 2020. Take care, Ron.

Last edited by Rolin Blues on 06-18-2019 at 12:06 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-17-2019 08:44 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Wisconsin date has been the same weekend for like 10 years or so.

Old Post 06-18-2019 10:20 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Were was this involvement when Felderman and I were youths Ron and we got thrown to the wolves constantly? 😉

Last edited by Ricochet17 on 06-18-2019 at 10:38 PM

Old Post 06-18-2019 10:33 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jodaviess1
UKC Forum Member

COOL

THAT IS A GREAT THING YOU ARE DOING FOR THE YOUTH RON. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. <v>

Old Post 06-19-2019 05:41 PM
jodaviess1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jodaviess1 Click here to Send jodaviess1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jodaviess1 Find more posts by jodaviess1 Add jodaviess1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C Ehlinger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet17
Were was this involvement when Felderman and I were youths Ron and we got thrown to the wolves constantly? 😉
I hear that!!!!

Old Post 06-19-2019 06:14 PM
C Ehlinger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C Ehlinger Click here to Send C Ehlinger a Private Message Click Here to Email C Ehlinger Find more posts by C Ehlinger Add C Ehlinger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Hope your state officers have seen this or make sure to let them know about it. I don't want any state NOT get things set up now because of lack of time to get it done. take care, RON.

Old Post 06-28-2019 03:18 PM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Once more to make sure that discussion on this can get taken care of this summer, so every thing gets decided, so it is set up for next year. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-22-2019 06:02 PM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

You're better off taking care of this yourself Ron.

Old Post 07-24-2019 11:58 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Great ideas, I hope the states back this way do it similar too.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 07-25-2019 01:57 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

youth hunt

Already been contacted by person interested in getting it set up from Minn. & I'll have it discussed at Iowa State hunt/meeting in Aug. It's not MY hunt to get set up, it should be set up by those officers from each state asso. contacting each other that is in charge of youth event for their state. Where & when is Wisc. planning on having theirs' next year? That would be step 1. Then, if I have to, I'll get info from other 2 so that there is no conflict. Minn. rep said their on different date than you guys are now & plan to stay where they were so, that only leaves Iowa to get a date.

Lets go this route for now:
Step 1: Wisc.- June 15 this year, same weekend in 2020. Location was Brooklyn. If it moves too much farther east, it may not be as good as staying there or a club a little further west!!!

Step 2: Minn.- If I remember right, it was in central part in early July. I can't find in Bloodlines, So maybe someone that sees this can fill in with info for 2019.

Step 3: Iowa was held out west. It should be central next year, probably Legrand. Date could change not to interfer with other states or dates. Then, we could have a real Youth championship to look forward too.

Minn., please fill in your info, so this could be discussed at Iowa State hunt Aug. 16/17th.. Maybe everything can be decided before fall/school starts, so everyone could start planning schedules for next year. Lets' get this done. Take care, Ron.

Last edited by Rolin Blues on 07-25-2019 at 02:11 AM

Old Post 07-25-2019 02:09 AM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Wisconsin's has been that 2nd weekend in June for like 15 years Ron. Not sure where it what club is hosting it.

Old Post 07-25-2019 12:30 PM