UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Blueticks > Kansas Season Opens
Pages (20): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Best I could count 85 trees with coon in 12 nights since season opened. No telling how many coon total we have seen but I would estimate over 150.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-04-2015 06:57 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Matt Merrill was over for a hunt. Coon didn't seem to be moving early but after 8 they were. Made five trees with coon and saw 9. Just a nice hunt.

And Many More

Old Post 12-05-2015 05:41 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Hunted with Jerry and the walker dogs looked good. Treed 4 trees with coon. Tough tracking but we were able to take two different working tracks over a half and look at the coon.

And Many More

Old Post 12-06-2015 06:59 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Hadn't hunted for a couple nights. Steve brought Penny over, I took Flo &Irene. Treed 13 trees with coon and hunted 5 hours. Flo split Irene and Penny, Irene split Flo & Penny. They split three ways one time. The rest Irene & Penny was sent and treed together. Steve enjoyed the hunt. On the last dump the hounds struck around 700 yds and treed at 780 split treed 20 yds. We drove 50 yds of them. When we got out of truck we saw a big buck laying between us and the tree. We just kept walking toward it and 10 yds from it the thing jumped and come right at us. All I could see was that 12 inch G2 doing a rectal exam. We both hit the deck as the buck went between us. It got tangled in the honey suckle a few yds away and went down at that point we knew it was a wounded deer. We didn't see it on the way back to the truck. I could see the headlines now, coon hunter kilt by mad buck. Guess one needs to be more careful, I truly believe the deer come at us in an attack mode.

And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 12-11-2015 at 12:28 AM

Old Post 12-10-2015 06:52 AM
J Gatlin
UKC Forum Member

Good to see you on here again

Old Post 12-12-2015 12:54 AM
J Gatlin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J Gatlin Click here to Send J Gatlin a Private Message Click Here to Email J Gatlin Find more posts by J Gatlin Add J Gatlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
byrdawg
UKC Forum Member

What happened to it being in Sedlia, Mo?

2014 National Bluetick Days
King of Hunt

Old Post 12-13-2015 05:10 PM
byrdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for byrdawg Click here to Send byrdawg a Private Message Click Here to Email byrdawg Find more posts by byrdawg Add byrdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Mo turkey season and no permits

And Many More

Old Post 12-13-2015 06:48 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Jimmy, I needed a break from the wind blowing. I know there's some that doubts the number of coon that I say get treed. I don't tree as many when I only hunt my junkers.

And Many More

Old Post 12-13-2015 11:21 PM
byrdawg
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dennis, just curious what had happened.

2014 National Bluetick Days
King of Hunt

Old Post 12-14-2015 02:26 AM
byrdawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for byrdawg Click here to Send byrdawg a Private Message Click Here to Email byrdawg Find more posts by byrdawg Add byrdawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

If you can get away it would be nice If you could come up for hunt. I like going with you because you have coon dogs that tree real live raccoons.

2014 UKC TOP 100
Ch GrNtCh HomeBrew Blue Bo Diddly
2015 WORLD CHAMPION BLUETICK
Gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Pine Hill Bonnie

Old Post 12-15-2015 02:22 AM
Home Brew Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Home Brew Blue Click here to Send Home Brew Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Home Brew Blue Find more posts by Home Brew Blue Add Home Brew Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Duane Swofford & Duane Brown was up for a hunt. I sure like the Boomer dog. Treed 4 trees with coon. Hounds went through two sections and no strike. Tracking a little tough.

And Many More

Old Post 12-15-2015 06:55 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Jerrold, It will be Thursday if I can get away. I'm still trying to rub off the calluses from the last trip.

And Many More

Old Post 12-15-2015 06:59 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Hunted with Steve last night. We hunted the duck refuge. On the first deal Irene and Penny had a rough track, lots of water and didn't tree a coon. Flo and Penny got treed at .61 on the next deal with a coon. Then we sent all 3 hounds and treed a quick one. We sent Penny alone, she struck a good track at 250 yds and treed at 450 with a coon. Irene did about the same thing. Flo had her chance next, she struck at 820 yds and was treed quick with a coon. Irene and Penny went through a section and didn't get treed as the wind got up. We headed in with 5 coon treed.

And Many More

Old Post 12-16-2015 03:02 PM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Trey Melton and I headed north to hunt with Jerold. Treed 11 trees with coon. Coon treeing got a little tough after midnight. Lower twenties and frost put the coon in the trees curled up looking like a fur ball.

And Many More

Old Post 12-17-2015 05:27 PM
J Gatlin
UKC Forum Member

Lot of coon

It is a lot of coon I wish it was like that here. I may have missed if you said it but did you lose Rebel

Old Post 12-18-2015 01:36 AM
J Gatlin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J Gatlin Click here to Send J Gatlin a Private Message Click Here to Email J Gatlin Find more posts by J Gatlin Add J Gatlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Jimmy, Rebel died last January. Some of the same blood you hunted. I did enjoy many years of coon hunting with him. Jerold, Trey, Jack & I had a cold night of hunting. Treed 8 trees with coon. Twenty degrees will test your desire to coon hunt.

And Many More

Old Post 12-18-2015 09:39 AM
J Gatlin
UKC Forum Member

Hate to here that

Sorry the good ones go to soon. Heath is hunting jack out of Huston his only litter is 1 year old all doing good

Old Post 12-18-2015 08:21 PM
Home Brew Blue
UKC Forum Member

Dennis & Trey thanks for coming up & hunting with Jack & I. Hope you had a good time & come back. Coon treeing wasn't the best but we did tree a few.

2014 UKC TOP 100
Ch GrNtCh HomeBrew Blue Bo Diddly
2015 WORLD CHAMPION BLUETICK
Gone but not forgotten
Dual Grand Pine Hill Bonnie

Old Post 12-19-2015 05:24 AM
Home Brew Blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Home Brew Blue Click here to Send Home Brew Blue a Private Message Click Here to Email Home Brew Blue Find more posts by Home Brew Blue Add Home Brew Blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Hadn't been for a couple nights. Trey & Jerrold had the ol man hunted down. Daniel Russell from Mo was over for a hunt. Getting struck was a problem early and never did get real good. The hounds went through a couple sections without opening and deep a few times to strike. Ended up treeing 7 trees with coon and 3 den trees. Irene had a small slick tree but I suspect she was winding a coon setting 30 yds away. The wind blowing right toward her from where the coon was setting. Guess a good excuse is better than just saying she's a counterfeit.

And Many More

Old Post 12-21-2015 07:11 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

After 20 nights of hunting since season opened 142 trees with coon and approximately 235 coon seen. Average 7 trees with coon seen. A lot of boo ticking around.

And Many More

Old Post 12-21-2015 03:54 PM
Selfml
UKC Forum Member

Mr Dennis it sounds like a pretty good start to the season. People can say boo ticking around all they want, after hunting with you several times and some of the different dogs you owned that phrase doesn't belong at your house

Pr Ozzy Pawzbourne

Old Post 12-21-2015 06:26 PM
Selfml is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Selfml Click here to Send Selfml a Private Message Click Here to Email Selfml Find more posts by Selfml Add Selfml to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Went over to Duane Swoffords' country to get a younger brother to his Boomer dog. We had to take a little mountain hunt. A little rougher than kansas coon treeing. Let's call it 3 trees with coon seen and one big den tree. Hope Bubba turns out as good as Boomer.

And Many More

Old Post 12-22-2015 08:04 AM
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Pokey, I don't believe you have hunted with Irene but she loves to boo tick around after raccoon. Come up and go for a hunt.

And Many More

Old Post 12-22-2015 08:07 AM
Selfml
UKC Forum Member

I don't think so. I sure will

Pr Ozzy Pawzbourne

Old Post 12-22-2015 07:56 PM
Selfml is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Selfml Click here to Send Selfml a Private Message Click Here to Email Selfml Find more posts by Selfml Add Selfml to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Short hunt tonight, Jerry wasn't feeling well and we headed in after 3 trees with Ricky looking down. Need to start leaving some for later running anyway.

And Many More

Old Post 12-23-2015 04:31 AM