UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Who Carries a concealed handgun??
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
walkerking
UKC Forum Member

ruger 9mm. i carry it in the center of my back people looking at you never even no its there. the 9mm is also cheap to shot

nite champ beebout tree top bud, nite champ beebout silver horn sam,nite champ walls cotton<3wins towards grand>,gr nite champ beebout skuna river tramp<,qulified for 2011 world> beebout custom boxes proud supporter of valley creek hunting lights

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-19-2011 02:24 AM
walkerking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerking Click here to Send walkerking a Private Message Click Here to Email walkerking Find more posts by walkerking Add walkerking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvhounds
UKC Forum Member

My wife and I both carry concealed, ALL the time.....

I have a 357 mag revolver, Rossi, made by Taurus
she carries the same but with 38 special

I also have a 9x18 makarov, and a 380 semi, 454 casull,which is a bit large for concealed, and a Ruger mark 3 22 cal.

WILDFIRE
If your dog is fat,you aren't getting enuff exercise!

Old Post 01-19-2011 02:53 AM
wvhounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvhounds Click here to Send wvhounds a Private Message Visit wvhounds's homepage! Find more posts by wvhounds Add wvhounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stewart Hassler
UKC Forum Member

btt

Old Post 01-19-2011 03:21 AM
Stewart Hassler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stewart Hassler Click here to Send Stewart Hassler a Private Message Click Here to Email Stewart Hassler Find more posts by Stewart Hassler Add Stewart Hassler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkercash
UKC Forum Member

I carry a two tone 3rd Gen Glock 19 every where. Looking into getting a Ruger LCP for the warmer months tho.

I sent Allen an email about this very thing about 2 months agoand still waiting on a response. I was curious because of the no guns rule does that include concealed carry weapons as well? Or as a CPL holder can I carry at hunts?

Whitey Dogs ROCK!!!
I use and recommend Kelley's K-Lights.

Old Post 01-19-2011 03:41 AM
walkercash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkercash Click here to Send walkercash a Private Message Click Here to Email walkercash Find more posts by walkercash Add walkercash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Carolina Style
UKC Forum Member

Glock19 9mm with night sights 15 round magazine. I also have a Walther p99 with the laser sight. I shoot first ask questions later

Dual Grand PKC Ch Hardwood Stylish Maggie
Grnitech PKC Ch Wipeout Storm
Grnitech PKC Ch Habits High Roller
Dual Grand PKC Silver Ch. Rats Trixie Ann
Nitech PKC Silver Ch Hi Rollin Get Ripped
Nitech PKC Ch Woodstock Timber

Andrew Walker
803-908-8369

Old Post 01-19-2011 04:26 AM
Carolina Style is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Carolina Style Click here to Send Carolina Style a Private Message Click Here to Email Carolina Style Find more posts by Carolina Style Add Carolina Style to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris McCrary
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by walkercash
I carry a two tone 3rd Gen Glock 19 every where. Looking into getting a Ruger LCP for the warmer months tho.

I sent Allen an email about this very thing about 2 months agoand still waiting on a response. I was curious because of the no guns rule does that include concealed carry weapons as well? Or as a CPL holder can I carry at hunts?

Just dont show it off and no one will be the wiser.

Old Post 01-19-2011 12:06 PM
Chris McCrary is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris McCrary Click here to Send Chris McCrary a Private Message Find more posts by Chris McCrary Add Chris McCrary to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
copperheadcreek
UKC Forum Member

i carry a sig 32 compact, a smith and wesson ve 40 , and a ruger tactacle 9mm with 2 17 round mags..

NTCH 'PR' Yadkin River Rose(4 wins toward grand)

Old Post 01-19-2011 01:11 PM
copperheadcreek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for copperheadcreek Click here to Send copperheadcreek a Private Message Click Here to Email copperheadcreek Visit copperheadcreek's homepage! Find more posts by copperheadcreek Add copperheadcreek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

United Kennel Club respects, defends and even encourages your right to lawful concealed carry. We have no restrictions towards lawful concealed carry. Our no guns policy is primarily directed towards 1) gun trading on the grounds during an event 2) open carry on casts 3) unlawful carry at any time 4) to a lesser degree having rifles in vehicles on a cast. We don't go so far as to search trucks but would take action against illegal transport because it could jeopardize the issue of state permits to conduct nite hunts.

Old Post 01-19-2011 02:31 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkercash
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Todd!

Whitey Dogs ROCK!!!
I use and recommend Kelley's K-Lights.

Old Post 01-19-2011 02:40 PM
walkercash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkercash Click here to Send walkercash a Private Message Click Here to Email walkercash Find more posts by walkercash Add walkercash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ncstatewalkers
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for all the suggestions, any other thoughts?

Jacob

Old Post 01-20-2011 02:09 PM
ncstatewalkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ncstatewalkers Click here to Send ncstatewalkers a Private Message Click Here to Email ncstatewalkers Find more posts by ncstatewalkers Add ncstatewalkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bstewarts
UKC Forum Member

ncstatewalkers
make sure u buy a gun that u will carry all the time. My 1st pistol was a sub compact 45 and well I found that it sat at home more times than not. The 45 was just to big to carry all the time. My next pistol was the ruger lcp .380 and yes I do carry that pistol all the time. Its comfortable and vert easy to conceal.

PR. STEWART'S MOLLY *RIP*

Old Post 01-20-2011 02:26 PM
bstewarts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bstewarts Click here to Send bstewarts a Private Message Click Here to Email bstewarts Find more posts by bstewarts Add bstewarts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
psiskjr
UKC Forum Member

I have a concealed carry permit and carry a .41 magnum or a Ruger single six .22 mag. I plan to get a .40 to carry all the time. Florida is now introducing an open carry law. It used to be common practice here to carry a pistol all the time on the dash of the truck. But that was in the "old" days. But I am just as likely to have a long gun at any time in my truck also. Not that I feel the need for protection it is just a habit due to preds. I live in a very rural area.

psiskjr

Old Post 01-20-2011 04:29 PM
psiskjr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for psiskjr Click here to Send psiskjr a Private Message Click Here to Email psiskjr Find more posts by psiskjr Add psiskjr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SJunior
UKC Forum Member

Taurus 24/7 Pro DS in 40 s&w

Nt.Ch. Gr.Ch Shaker, 2010, 2011 Performance Sire

Sassy

GrCh Momma's Boy (3rd runner up Young Guns junior) 4th place , King Of Hunt Paris, Mo BBCHA Sectional, 8th place, 2011 Bluetick Reunion, 7th place, 2011 Bluetick Days

CH Waggs (3 wins towards Grch.)

Ntch Jiggs (workin' toward dual ch)

Shark

Cutter

Old Post 01-20-2011 05:57 PM
SJunior is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SJunior Click here to Send SJunior a Private Message Find more posts by SJunior Add SJunior to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ship
UKC Forum Member

Taurus millennium pro in 40 on my hip. Love the straight 8 sights for carry

Old Post 01-20-2011 08:41 PM
Ship is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ship Click here to Send Ship a Private Message Click Here to Email Ship Find more posts by Ship Add Ship to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Troy Hoffman
UKC Forum Member

Carry Concealed

I carry a LCP with Crimson Trace laser grips. Look into a Tagua holster, very useful for many different carry situations. Left or right handed, small of back, and inside or outside of the waistband.

Old Post 01-21-2011 01:38 AM
Troy Hoffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Troy Hoffman Click here to Send Troy Hoffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Troy Hoffman Find more posts by Troy Hoffman Add Troy Hoffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
capt_agricultur
UKC Forum Member

CC permit ????

I have it for Penna. ??? What other states honor it...Thanks

Old Post 01-21-2011 08:35 PM
capt_agricultur is offline Click Here to See the Profile for capt_agricultur Click here to Send capt_agricultur a Private Message Click Here to Email capt_agricultur Find more posts by capt_agricultur Add capt_agricultur to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Capt Agricultur, you can go here for what you are looking for.
www.handgunlaw.us

You can't fix STUPID!

Old Post 01-21-2011 09:14 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Family
UKC Forum Member

.357mag

Grand Nite Champion Turpins Stylish Rube.

Sire of World Champion "Insane Jane"

Also another--Hamptons Stylish Jewel Placing 9th in The UKC World Hunt Last Year. She Took Them to 14th Place This Year !!!

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh85/HuntingFamily/100_1125.jpg

"Turpins Stylish Rube" Breeding Females with 400 million live sperm/98% motility

"High Quality Sperm, like His Dad Stylish Hickory Nut Harry" Dr. Kenneth O'Hanlon-All Pets Medical Center, Altus, Ok.

Last edited by Family on 01-21-2011 at 10:03 PM

Old Post 01-21-2011 10:00 PM
Family is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Family Click here to Send Family a Private Message Find more posts by Family Add Family to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Michael Taynor
UKC Forum Member

Ruger GP100 .357mag
Ruger Blackhawk .41mag

I have a ccw but I open carry 99% of the time.

MT

Old Post 01-21-2011 10:06 PM
Michael Taynor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Michael Taynor Click here to Send Michael Taynor a Private Message Click Here to Email Michael Taynor Find more posts by Michael Taynor Add Michael Taynor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rem700
UKC Forum Member

2" 357 mag. loaded with 38 special +p+ Star fire's, I carry all the time.

Old Post 01-21-2011 11:19 PM
Rem700 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rem700 Click here to Send Rem700 a Private Message Find more posts by Rem700 Add Rem700 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
P.W. Chapman
UKC Forum Member

better check up on your state's game laws to see how they mesh up with the conceal carry laws. i haven't even looked at NC's but I'd bet right now without looking that you can't have your conceal carry gun on you while running your hounds during training season. i could be wrong, but i bet not lol.

Old Post 01-21-2011 11:20 PM
P.W. Chapman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for P.W. Chapman Click here to Send P.W. Chapman a Private Message Find more posts by P.W. Chapman Add P.W. Chapman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RRbluehound
UKC Forum Member

i have a 12 gauge with 3 1/2 inch mags stuffed in my left pant leg and a 30.06 stuffed in the right pant leg, and just to cover all the bases, a 50 desert eagle tucked in the back of my pants, word to the wise, dont go commando in the winter with all that steel!

Old Post 01-22-2011 12:04 AM
RRbluehound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RRbluehound Click here to Send RRbluehound a Private Message Find more posts by RRbluehound Add RRbluehound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ahinsch
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by P.W. Chapman
better check up on your state's game laws to see how they mesh up with the conceal carry laws. i haven't even looked at NC's but I'd bet right now without looking that you can't have your conceal carry gun on you while running your hounds during training season. i could be wrong, but i bet not lol.

I believe that in Ohio you can carry while hunting but the gun cannot be used in a hunting situation. I wonder though if your dogs were being charged by coyotes during the off season if you would be within the law to use that gun.

Old Post 01-22-2011 03:40 AM
ahinsch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ahinsch Click here to Send ahinsch a Private Message Click Here to Email ahinsch Find more posts by ahinsch Add ahinsch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hardtymes
UKC Forum Member

I DO !! 38 in the truck door !!

COONHUNTER =since 1969 RETIRED>2010
<>OVER THE HILL TRAINER! !! 606-286-4690

Old Post 01-22-2011 04:04 AM
hardtymes is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hardtymes Click here to Send hardtymes a Private Message Visit hardtymes's homepage! Find more posts by hardtymes Add hardtymes to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SHERIFF
New UKC Forum Member

POCKET PISTOLS
RUGER LCP 380, TAURUS TCP 380, OR EVEN A KEL-TECH 380
JUST REMEMBER THESE GUNS ARE PRETTY MUCH BELLY GUNS YOUR NOT GOING TO WIN ANY COMPETITIONS WITH THEM...LOL
I USUALLY CARRY A GLOCK 33 .357 sig. ON MY SIDE.. WHICH I REALLY LIKE CAUSE YOU GOT ALL THE FIREPOWER U NEED PLUS ALOT MORE ACCUARATE THAN THE LITTLE POCKET PISTOLS

Last edited by SHERIFF on 01-22-2011 at 05:34 AM

Old Post 01-22-2011 05:31 AM
SHERIFF is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SHERIFF Click here to Send SHERIFF a Private Message Click Here to Email SHERIFF Find more posts by SHERIFF Add SHERIFF to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote