UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Long Range replacement Antenna Handheld & tt15- Bruce
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ItsOlMander
UKC Forum Member

Long Range replacement Antenna Handheld & tt15- Bruce

Do the Long range replacement antennas really make much of a difference? Would like to hear everyones opinions...

Im interested in the ones you have Bruce
- Conkey's Long Range Tuff Skin Antenna for Garmin T 5/TT10/TT15
- Conkey's 14 inch Flexible Antenna for Garmin Alpha 100 Handheld

My female was 1000 yards or so down at the River last weekend and i started loosing communication with her... ive considered using my old Quick Track telemetry collars as a back up but would like a little more reach out of my Garmin

- In Loving Memory of -
DEEP SPRINGS BLACK MAX
&
LEVIS SOUTHERN BLUE DOC

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-18-2017 06:04 PM
ItsOlMander is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsOlMander Click here to Send ItsOlMander a Private Message Find more posts by ItsOlMander Add ItsOlMander to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The one on the handheld makes the biggest difference. The antenna on the Collar Garmin is now using is a copy of what we made for thousands of DC 30's and 40's. So Garmin has a pretty good antenna on the Collars now. Ours perform slightly better but not enough difference to change if you have a good working antenna on your collar.

What antenna are you using on your handheld now?

Old Post 08-18-2017 06:20 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsOlMander
UKC Forum Member

The long range one that came with my Alpha

- In Loving Memory of -
DEEP SPRINGS BLACK MAX
&
LEVIS SOUTHERN BLUE DOC

Old Post 08-18-2017 06:40 PM
ItsOlMander is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ItsOlMander Click here to Send ItsOlMander a Private Message Find more posts by ItsOlMander Add ItsOlMander to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Smoke
UKC Forum Member

The long range one that came with my Astro 320 made a big difference on it. On my Alpha I just use the shorter on and it tracks the same as the Astro and the longer antenna

Old Post 08-18-2017 07:07 PM
Smoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Smoke Click here to Send Smoke a Private Message Find more posts by Smoke Add Smoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ItsOlMander
UKC Forum Member

anyone used these antennas?

- In Loving Memory of -
DEEP SPRINGS BLACK MAX
&
LEVIS SOUTHERN BLUE DOC

Old Post 08-22-2017 01:36 PM