UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > So you wont to buy a Polaris Ranger
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

I'm

Not talking bout mud or steep hills just tight thick woods with no trails. If you can't go over or around two trees you got to go between them and for example a Honda rancher will go where a Polaris ranger won't. Now I'd much rather tackle a real steep hill on a sxs.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-23-2017 09:28 PM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: I'm

quote:
Originally posted by blue blue
Not talking bout mud or steep hills just tight thick woods with no trails. If you can't go over or around two trees you got to go between them and for example a Honda rancher will go where a Polaris ranger won't. Now I'd much rather tackle a real steep hill on a sxs.

A 4 wheeler will definitely go in tighter places. My Honda is 5.5 feet wide and can get a little tight sometimes going through the woods. The access to one of my spots were I deer hunt is almost too steep for a 4 wheeler, I did it a few times on a Rubicon 500 and didn't enjoy it. On my pioneer there is nothing to it. With a small truck or side kick you would be laying on your top at the bottom of the hill. Its like going up the first hill on a roller coaster you are sunk back in the seat and cant pick your head up!

Josh is right though, they are all better than walking.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 08-23-2017 11:37 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Snyder
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Buy a Real Mule

quote:
Originally posted by jdgher
Been there, done that. Never again. It's all great, until one night they freak out and buck you off. ( For no apparent reason). :-)

Sounds like a good story to me ol buddy. Lol. Im guessing you were a lot younger then???

Regarding the original machine, Id say its time to cull. Lol

Old Post 08-24-2017 01:02 AM
Chris Snyder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Snyder Click here to Send Chris Snyder a Private Message Find more posts by Chris Snyder Add Chris Snyder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blue blue
UKC Forum Member

Joey. We hunt and ride where you literally have to stand on foot pegs and lean out over front rack to keep from flipping on 4-wheeler. No problem on sxs and yes I've seen trackers turned over on these hills. We also have mud so bad in places that sometimes it may take 3 with winches to get you out. There is not much I haven't either done on seen done or tried in 15 years of hunting and riding in this place. We don't consider it water until it's in the seat of our sxs. Yes it's rough but some of our best hunting where I live. When I was younger it was fun not so much now. Lol

Old Post 08-24-2017 01:46 AM
blue blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blue blue Click here to Send blue blue a Private Message Click Here to Email blue blue Find more posts by blue blue Add blue blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Am I one of the only guys left that ride a Mule (4 legged, not a Kawasaki) or walk?

Old Post 08-24-2017 12:27 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

I have a Kubota with 500 trouble free hours of farm work on it so far. I haven't used it much for coon hunting, due mostly to the fact that even a four wheeler is going to be hard to ride where we go. One thing I continuously see in this thread is the breaking down of equipment. Over the years I grew up and learned a hard fact that mud, water, hard riding, and anything man made does not mix well. Once that lesson was learned, I found that I could ride more, and have money in my wallet to buy some snacks for the trip. lol. They will all break down at times, but I have friends with the Polaris, which they swear by, but about 50% of their time is spent traveling to the repair shop. I don't need a machine that is only reliable 1/2 the time I want to use it. I guess that is why I went from using Massey to John Deere tractors for the farm. Yep some things cost a goodly amount more, but in the long run, turn out to be cheaper, when used the same. If I had to go buy one o the bigger fancier more costly machines today, it would be the Honda. I have never had anything with their name on it that was not quality. Hate to say it, but the Japanese got it right with their toys.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 08-24-2017 12:45 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote