UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Just my opinion how ukc hunts should run
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DannyRichardson
UKC Forum Member

Just my opinion how ukc hunts should run

I am going to give my opinion on how ukc hunts should run. Everyone hunt together. 5 cast wins equal nitech. 5 more cast wins equal grnitech. Pay performance money by cast wins. Takes away luck of drawing good guide. Use nitech rules. Put a countdown on the tree. Keep first tree at 125. Pay more frequently than once a year. Would be nice to raise value of performance point. I would be fine charging a membership fee every year of like $25 for anyone registering a dog or entering a hunt and put money in performance fund. Keep entry fees affordable like they are now. I believe that this setup would help draw people back to the ukc hunts.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-14-2017 10:57 PM
DannyRichardson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DannyRichardson Click here to Send DannyRichardson a Private Message Click Here to Email DannyRichardson Find more posts by DannyRichardson Add DannyRichardson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Knuckols
UKC Forum Member

I like it .

Home of :
CH NITECH Whitemans Poison
GRCH NITECH Cold Traxx Extra Man
CH GRNITECH Kings Hardwood Ranger
UKC CH PKC CH CHKC CH Cold Traxx Man Child
GRNTCH PKC CH Hunt it off Bella
Cold Traxx Southern Honey
Cold Traxx Mattie
Cold Traxx Super Freak

Gone but never forgotten :
NITECH McFarlands Joe
Knuckols Hooker
NITECH Cypress River Chance
NITECH Cypress River Honey
NITECH Cypress River Princess
NITECH Newcombs Miss Molly
NITECH Wilsons Hardwood Ann
GRCH GRNTCH Paulding Forrest Bubba

Old Post 08-23-2017 08:36 AM
Mike Knuckols is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Knuckols Click here to Send Mike Knuckols a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Knuckols Find more posts by Mike Knuckols Add Mike Knuckols to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog2345
UKC Forum Member

Probley best I've heard I like it

Old Post 08-23-2017 10:46 AM
treedog2345 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog2345 Click here to Send treedog2345 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog2345 Add treedog2345 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
patches
UKC Forum Member

Almost sounds like aka rules

Milarkens Coronet. Bleu(Gandalf)
Milarkens Army of 12 Monkees(Pippin)
Gone but not forgotten
Grfch. Grch. Milarkens Reevewood Shi-Ster
Ch. Milarkens Sportie Shortie

Old Post 08-27-2017 07:13 PM
patches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches Click here to Send patches a Private Message Click Here to Email patches Find more posts by patches Add patches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lukeduke73
UKC Forum Member

I think a dog should atleast have plus points any dog can make trees and get minus points just my opinion if they did change the rulls

Rip GR NT CH GR CH SWEET DREAMS Made Dual Grand at 19m old placed 3rd at Walkerdays at 14 m
Flash!!!!!!Rider is at 4 on the current
reproducing list
6 Generation All Grand Gr.CH.Gr .NT. CH .Midnight Rider 7th overall at ky st youth hunt at 7 m old. Made nt ch at 9 months old
Ch. Nt.Ch.Midnight Lucy Lou off Rider xDr.Law female
Back n Black kennels where we breed dogs for the future and not living in the past.
1-606-474-0738
1-304-549-3735

Old Post 08-28-2017 09:10 PM
lukeduke73 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lukeduke73 Click here to Send lukeduke73 a Private Message Click Here to Email lukeduke73 Find more posts by lukeduke73 Add lukeduke73 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J I Allen
UKC Forum Member

Why does everybody want to make all the different KC's rules about the same. If you like the format that a different KC has then hunt that format. If the goal is to have all the KC's rules the same, why have the different KC's. It's like trucks, some like a Ford, some like a Chevy, some like a Ram, etc. If you buy a Ford truck don't try and make Chevy and Ram trucks the same as a Ford. Buy what truck you like and hunt the KC you like with the rules they have in each KC.

Old Post 08-28-2017 11:57 PM
J I Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J I Allen Click here to Send J I Allen a Private Message Find more posts by J I Allen Add J I Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

The styles of dogs have changed so that this kc's rules are outdated and inadequate it's so simple even a caveman knows that just sayen.

Old Post 08-29-2017 12:10 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
The styles of dogs have changed so that this kc's rules are outdated and inadequate it's so simple even a caveman knows that just sayen.

IMO THE rules have sure changed the style of dogs we have from years ago--referring to the tracking systems

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 08-29-2017 12:16 AM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Stingy as they are with paper I don't think we will have any rule changes till they use up all those scorecards they got printed up just sayen again.

Old Post 08-29-2017 12:24 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by J I Allen
[B]Why does everybody want to make all the different KC's rules about the same. If you like the format that a different KC has then hunt that format.
Everybody wants change because it's way over due. The guys coming up are the future of a sport and want rules more suited to their style and type of hound and the old timers don't want change so there's an impasse. Make no mistake changes are coming though.

Old Post 08-29-2017 12:30 AM
H.W. Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H.W. Moore Click here to Send H.W. Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email H.W. Moore Find more posts by H.W. Moore Add H.W. Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DannyRichardson
UKC Forum Member

I don't know the akc rules but if this sounds similar I like the way they think. But let's face it nobody really cares about akc. If I'm breeding or buying a puppy I want the parents to be titled in ukc. The other kcs are nice but for a working class guy with a family I just don't have the time to run state races or am I doing to be paying $60 entry fees when the kids wants and needs come first.

Old Post 08-29-2017 02:07 AM
DannyRichardson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DannyRichardson Click here to Send DannyRichardson a Private Message Click Here to Email DannyRichardson Find more posts by DannyRichardson Add DannyRichardson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J I Allen
UKC Forum Member

I guess I don't explain myself very well. With all the different KC formats to hunt under why make all the different KC rules the same or so close that it doesn't make any difference what KC you hunt in. I think we need different formats. I think people started breeding dogs for a certain KC's format and maybe they don't do as well in a different format, so they want all the different KC's rules to be about the same or exactly the same. change simply for the sake of change isn't always a good thing. I remember when they started changing rules because some kid got a ninth place when he finished second on his cast, people complained that we were getting cheap champions, when that kid still had to get a first place win to make NT. CH. The kid was hunting against 8 or 10 other 4 dogs cast, now a club will have only one cast with 2 or 3 dogs, so tell me how that rule change made better NT. Ch's. They quit coming to the hunts because if they didn't win a cast they didn't get anything to show for the effort. I know of one hunt that had 2 dogs show up, one NT. CH., and one registered and the same man owned both dogs, so from the 90's when everyone started wanting new rules until now, how that has helped attendance and made the Nt. Ch. better.

Old Post 08-29-2017 05:24 AM
J I Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J I Allen Click here to Send J I Allen a Private Message Find more posts by J I Allen Add J I Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

I'll explain from a business standpoint, which UKC is. With hunt attendance at an all time low and more competition from other KCs than ever, the new owners of UKC are probably wondering why changes haven't been made sooner in the hunting format, rules and Performance program to increase participation.

Old Post 08-29-2017 06:10 PM
H.W. Moore is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H.W. Moore Click here to Send H.W. Moore a Private Message Click Here to Email H.W. Moore Find more posts by H.W. Moore Add H.W. Moore to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

We have had the same rules for years and people still don't know them. If they change them, they will never catch up.

Old Post 08-30-2017 12:02 PM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H.W. Moore
UKC Forum Member

Agreed, but long as they're on the back of the scorecard a cast can figure it out..

Old Post 08-30-2017 12:41 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Well the majority (the blow deep babblers ) like them the way they are in the 80's when they changed the rules they created the loopholes we have today that allow that type of dog to excell some will say look at the scores we are going to see at oaks must not be a problem that's in thick coon country you come down here in thin coon country a dog like that is miserable to hunt with and most of the problem is they have bred the dogs so tight on dogs that reproduce that fault they just use it to their advantage because they ain't got enough smarts or guts to do what they should do I won't hunt one if that's all I had to hunt I would qwit !!

If all of them but yours is babbling the rules goes out the window if you say somthing about it they find you offensive lol.

Last edited by yadkintar on 08-30-2017 at 01:22 PM

Old Post 08-30-2017 12:58 PM
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

In a area where hunts are quite small at times it would be nice for all dogs to draw together so you don't end up having to hunt alone but I do not see it increasing the amount of grands hunted

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 08-30-2017 02:42 PM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Re: Just my opinion how ukc hunts should run

quote:
Originally posted by DannyRichardson
I am going to give my opinion on how ukc hunts should run. Everyone hunt together. 5 cast wins equal nitech. 5 more cast wins equal grnitech. Pay performance money by cast wins. Takes away luck of drawing good guide. Use nitech rules. Put a countdown on the tree. Keep first tree at 125. Pay more frequently than once a year. Would be nice to raise value of performance point. I would be fine charging a membership fee every year of like $25 for anyone registering a dog or entering a hunt and put money in performance fund. Keep entry fees affordable like they are now. I believe that this setup would help draw people back to the ukc hunts.

I like some of this idea, I would hunt them all together, keep the win requirements as they are now. Paying Performance by cast win would hurt the payout so keep it like it is but increase the price. Defiantly pay more than once a year. I think that's one thing that hurts the program. No membership fee, you would kill what little attendance we have now.

Run a state race keeping up with cast wins only won at the local level and charge $5 more for entry. Take the top 16 and send them to a national hunt that the winnings are derived from that extra $5. It would be huge payout and everyone I talk to says it would get them going to more local hunts.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 08-31-2017 04:25 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote