UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Autumn Oaks Questions - Ask it Here
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkintar
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Todd K / UKC
Not a rule change year.

I hate being right all the time hmmmmmmmm lol.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-30-2017 02:01 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by tmarshall
Are you allowed concealed carry on grounds with carry permits?

I don't remember seeing any signs posted by the Wayne County Fairgrounds that concealed carry is prohibited. As always, you are responsible for abiding by such restrictions if and when they are posted. UKC does not impose any further restrictions in that regard then what the fairgrounds does.

Old Post 08-30-2017 02:01 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Cartwright01
If I bring my ranger do I need anything other than my license? I've never taken it anywhere but my place

State and local laws must be followed. I do not know the rules in Indiana regarding UTV's. That will be your responsibility to research.

Old Post 08-30-2017 02:05 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rowdy
UKC Forum Member

Is there a link for the grand masters format and information?

Old Post 08-30-2017 04:21 PM
Rowdy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rowdy Click here to Send Rowdy a Private Message Click Here to Email Rowdy Find more posts by Rowdy Add Rowdy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Rowdy
Is there a link for the grand masters format and information?

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthrea...eadid=928489032

Old Post 08-30-2017 05:26 PM
preblecounty
UKC Forum Member

Entry Confirmation

I haven't received entry confirmation in the mail. I am listed entry #323 on the nite hunt sheet. Please advise.

Old Post 08-31-2017 09:56 AM
preblecounty is offline Click Here to See the Profile for preblecounty Click here to Send preblecounty a Private Message Click Here to Email preblecounty Find more posts by preblecounty Add preblecounty to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

What about the hunters that was out Thursday night and got a Fine from the Indiana Game Commission for hunting his dog when UKC has a permit for that area for TRAINING. The Game Warden was going to take their trucks, put them jail, threatening the hunters, unbelievable. The Newspaper, Mayor, and UKC has to be told about this because this brings in revenue to that town, and the Game Commission pulls something like this, when they had a permit to be in the woods Thursday night. The Warden said they would not know what the fine would be for a few weeks and would have to come back to Indiana to fight it, 1000 mile round trip? Man, I can't wait see who the Warden is, name, address, where he lives, who his boss is, is he a rookie? This needs to be put on the towns web site and will be.....

Old Post 09-02-2017 01:46 PM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

What about the hunters that was out Thursday night and got a Fine from the Indiana Game Commission for hunting his dog when UKC has a permit for that area for TRAINING. The Game Warden was going to take their trucks, put them jail, threatening the hunters, unbelievable. The Newspaper, Mayor, and UKC has to be told about this because this brings in revenue to that town, and the Game Commission pulls something like this, when they had a permit to be in the woods Thursday night. The Warden said they would not know what the fine would be for a few weeks and would have to come back to Indiana to fight it, 1000 mile round trip? Man, I can't wait see who the Warden is, name, address, where he lives, who his boss is, is he a rookie? This needs to be put on the towns web site and will be.....

Old Post 09-02-2017 01:46 PM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

were they on a ukc hunt or pleasure hunting?

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 09-05-2017 07:21 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Those permits apply to those hunting in the licensed events only and do not cover any training or pleasure hunts. The only incident I'm aware of is one where out-of-staters were pleasure hunting. This may or may not be in reference to that group?

It's one of the reasons we implemented the Slam events throughout the week to give those hunters a legal avenue to hunt without a Indiana Hunting License.

Old Post 09-05-2017 07:37 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Those permits apply to those hunting in the licensed events only and do not cover any training or pleasure hunts. The only incident I'm aware of is one where out-of-staters were pleasure hunting. This may or may not be in reference to that group?

It's one of the reasons we implemented the Slam events throughout the week to give those hunters a legal avenue to hunt without a Indiana Hunting License.

And that didn't work out so well for 41 Thursday that didn't get drawn out to hunt.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Last edited by Redneck Mafia on 09-05-2017 at 09:24 PM

Old Post 09-05-2017 09:20 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

Will the cast winners be posted just to see who won their cast? Think that would be interesting reading, if I can find it on the new website.. lol

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Old Post 09-05-2017 09:31 PM
harleydan1956 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

I guess it is just to bad for the young boy it happened to, He didn't think to ask if he was legal but he signed a paper at the land owners to hunt there, the land owner might have called the Wardens, who knows. Here in Pennsylvania you don't need a permit to train because your not carrying a gun, your not hunting. I think they where fined for hunting. I thought you had to have gun to be hunting. The Indiana Game Commission sure did put it on to them young hunters, I guess that is why the only friends a Game Wardens have is the immediate family and not many of them. Anyways that will be the last time I send a young boy to Indiana to have some fun.....

Old Post 09-05-2017 11:18 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
And that didn't work out so well for 41 Thursday that didn't get drawn out to hunt.

Those 41 didn't get to hunt because all of the guides were taking pleasure hunters out.

The cast winners will be listed in the Bloodlines Magazine along with the pictures of all of the winners and several nice articles. I think they call that "old school".

And I know just how that young man feels. Those tickets cost $150.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 09-05-2017 at 11:40 PM

Old Post 09-05-2017 11:38 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Not enough feeder buckets to go around what I heard lol.

Old Post 09-05-2017 11:52 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

With all the Drugs and Dope that these kids can get into and no buddy wants or will do anything about that! You send a kid out to do something like coon hunting and a Goofy Game Warden fines 3 kids for hunting that didn't even a gun. Anyways I got the dog off the boys and told them I would get them a bag of weed, because you can get help with something like that, you can get on disability, all kinds of programs. I just wonder if that Warden has any kids. I'm going to get a hold of the Indiana Game Commission and tell them what a fine job their boy did out there that night....

Old Post 09-07-2017 11:17 PM
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

With all the Drugs and Dope that these kids can get into and no buddy wants or will do anything about that! You send a kid out to do something like coon hunting and a Goofy Game Warden fines 3 kids for hunting that didn't even a gun. Anyways I got the dog off the boys and told them I would get them a bag of weed, because you can get help with something like that, you can get on disability, all kinds of programs. I just wonder if that Warden has any kids. I'm going to get a hold of the Indiana Game Commission and tell them what a fine job their boy did out there that night....

Old Post 09-07-2017 11:18 PM
LonePineHounds
UKC Forum Member

For everybody that doesn't know and may be interested or looking to avoid similar situations, you can get a non resident 5 day small game hunting license for $31 in Indiana.

Old Post 09-07-2017 11:36 PM
LonePineHounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LonePineHounds Click here to Send LonePineHounds a Private Message Click Here to Email LonePineHounds Find more posts by LonePineHounds Add LonePineHounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Maybe those young boys learned that you either obey the law or pay the consequences. And why should it be any different for young boys than it is for old men? I don't understand why you think that being young is an excuse.

Old Post 09-07-2017 11:44 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pastor Mike
UKC Forum Member

I took a young 17 year old with me. He had a great time. First thing we did when we got to Richmond on Thursday was go to Walmart and get our license. Mine was $31 for 5 days and his being a youth was ONLY $17 and it's for the whole season. Cheap price to pay for a little fun. Pretty easy to get online and find out about license before you go.

GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' Soggy Bottom The Frog Dawg (current reproducers list)
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom The Bull Dawg
Soggy Bottom T-Top Miss Dottie
RIP
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Haze HTX (Former#1 Reproducer)
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Stella
GRNTCH GRCH Soggy Bottom T-Top Shadow
NTCH CH Soggy Bottom Bomber's Red Wire (Pigeon- former #1 Reproducer)
NTCH GRCH Red Cedar T-Top Lexus
CH Soggy Bottom T-Top Locket

Mike Laster
540-392-2441
pastorlaster@aol.com

Old Post 09-08-2017 03:47 AM
Pastor Mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pastor Mike Click here to Send Pastor Mike a Private Message Click Here to Email Pastor Mike Find more posts by Pastor Mike Add Pastor Mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by edwardfasteddy

It is not the Wardens fault that these young men were breaking the law. When you go out of state to hunt, it pays to know the game laws of where you will be. Here in Georgia, everyone hunting in the World Finals and the slam events will be covered under a permit for those official events. If you plan on pleasure hunting, it will pay for you to get a temporary license for the week that you are up there or the same thing could happen. As bad as we hate it, and want to make them wrong, the game officer was plain and simple doing his/her job. The revenue brought in should not effect the officer's discreation in doing their sworn duty. Do I like what happened? NO! Was it right thing to do? MAYBE. Was it the legal obligation of a sworn officer? YES!!

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Old Post 09-08-2017 02:01 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Man, With a comment like that you must be a Deputy Game Warden...

Old Post 09-09-2017 03:21 PM
LSO1103
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
It is not the Wardens fault that these young men were breaking the law. When you go out of state to hunt, it pays to know the game laws of where you will be. Here in Georgia, everyone hunting in the World Finals and the slam events will be covered under a permit for those official events. If you plan on pleasure hunting, it will pay for you to get a temporary license for the week that you are up there or the same thing could happen. As bad as we hate it, and want to make them wrong, the game officer was plain and simple doing his/her job. The revenue brought in should not effect the officer's discreation in doing their sworn duty. Do I like what happened? NO! Was it right thing to do? MAYBE. Was it the legal obligation of a sworn officer? YES!!

Exactly!! I'm not a game warden but I have been a police officer for 20 years. I wish this young man hadn't gotten a ticket but the fact is, the warden was just doing what he's paid to do. A lot of people always wanna blame law enforcement when they end up on the wrong side of the law when in reality if you'll take a few mins to learn the laws and regulations of the state you're in and then stay within those laws and regulations, 99.9999% of them time you won't have any problems.

Old Post 09-09-2017 04:40 PM
LSO1103 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for LSO1103 Click here to Send LSO1103 a Private Message Click Here to Email LSO1103 Find more posts by LSO1103 Add LSO1103 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Ya, I wish I was a Cop because I would be out there trying to help a young man and give him a break, lead him in the right direction, maybe see if there was something going on like drinking, trespassing or really hurting something. Everyone knew that hunt was going on and then ran around to see who all he could fine, and then go home afterwords and jump in bed and sleep like a log. It all boils down to the fact that there's a line where you're either an officer protecting the wildlife for everyone to enjoy or you are a debt collector for the state. Which side did this incident fall on?

Old Post 09-12-2017 04:06 AM