UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Best places for semen withdrawal and storage in the country
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

Best places for semen withdrawal and storage in the country

Could you guys give me some ideas to where to get my dos semen collected and stored?

I have been going to Nevergone for the last 15 years, but it is really expensive there now to get a dogs semen collected.

I was wanting different options.

Thanks John

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-25-2019 05:22 PM
timber hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timber hunter Click here to Send timber hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email timber hunter Find more posts by timber hunter Add timber hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

What is he charging now ?

Old Post 06-25-2019 06:48 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

Re: Best places for semen withdrawal and storage in the country

quote:
Originally posted by timber hunter
Could you guys give me some ideas to where to get my dos semen collected and stored?

I have been going to Nevergone for the last 15 years, but it is really expensive there now to get a dogs semen collected.

I was wanting different options.

Thanks John

They are cheaper then anywhere else I have checked. Dean finally got smart and became competitive, I guess.

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 06-25-2019 07:23 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
timber hunter
UKC Forum Member

cost

$500 for semen collection

Old Post 06-25-2019 07:27 PM
timber hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for timber hunter Click here to Send timber hunter a Private Message Click Here to Email timber hunter Find more posts by timber hunter Add timber hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

Block Sport Hounds in North Carolina is very reasonable and knowledgeable. Give her a call she will help you out. You can find her on Facebook or they have a website.

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Old Post 06-25-2019 09:33 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Karter Maupin
UKC Forum Member

Block sport hounds.

She is tip top and had went to school the same place as dean. She will do you right!

Old Post 06-25-2019 09:47 PM
Karter Maupin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Karter Maupin Click here to Send Karter Maupin a Private Message Click Here to Email Karter Maupin Find more posts by Karter Maupin Add Karter Maupin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Its $350 here to collect, evaluate and you get a print out complete analysis of its quality along with their recommended amount of straws to use per breeding depending on the quality of semen they get from your stud. I wouldn't collect, buy or use semen that didnt have a semen analysis done on it .
Learned that the hard way !!!!!
In addition to the $350 they charge $110 yr here to store it which i dont pay anymore.
You're better off buying a tank and
storing it yourself if you plan on keeping the semen for over
5 years. IMHO

Old Post 06-25-2019 09:53 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D Brothers
UKC Forum Member

I use Nevergone and Blocksport

Old Post 06-26-2019 01:20 AM
D Brothers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D Brothers Click here to Send D Brothers a Private Message Click Here to Email D Brothers Find more posts by D Brothers Add D Brothers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B McDaniel
UKC Forum Member

Dean Bitzel - Nevergone is great. He has went up since the sale fell through, but that just got him to where most everyone else was.

Clanton Vet Services - Thomasville Ga - huge mistake going there for collection!! Would never use them again!!

Going to try The Animal Clinic in Smithville, TN here in a couple weeks...........

Old Post 06-28-2019 11:30 AM
B McDaniel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B McDaniel Click here to Send B McDaniel a Private Message Click Here to Email B McDaniel Visit B McDaniel's homepage! Find more posts by B McDaniel Add B McDaniel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I think you should check out Zoetis. They have a network of vets around the country and are adding more all the time. These vets have been trained and certified by them. You can have a one of their certified vets get a freeze the semen and they they will store it and then ship to another one of their certified vets for placement into your female. Because it is a network. The prices are lower on shipping and handling the containers which usually drive the cost up.
Here is a link to their canine reproductive program.

https://www.zoetisus.com/solutions/...e-Security.aspx

Old Post 06-28-2019 11:52 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
northga. mike
UKC Forum Member

Smithville tn. vet

Dr burke is who I use. He’s good it cost 225 to collect the dog. $50 a year to store 30 collections it’s in pellets aswell. He also does ai breeding but prefers to do surgical where he places semen direct on the eggs because it’s a higher success rate. 10$ a day to keep dog if there waiting for breeding. Also he only charges 25$ for progesterone strips he’s cheaper than every one else as far as I know.

Old Post 06-28-2019 05:05 PM
northga. mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for northga. mike Click here to Send northga. mike a Private Message Click Here to Email northga. mike Find more posts by northga. mike Add northga. mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Where is Dr. Burke located

Old Post 06-28-2019 05:10 PM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
I think you should check out Zoetis. They have a network of vets around the country and are adding more all the time. These vets have been trained and certified by them. You can have a one of their certified vets get a freeze the semen and they they will store it and then ship to another one of their certified vets for placement into your female. Because it is a network. The prices are lower on shipping and handling the containers which usually drive the cost up.

I used to be a fan of Zoetis until they charged me $100 to walk out their door and drop 2 straws into my tank. 10 min process paperwork and all . NEVER EVER again !

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 06-28-2019 05:17 PM
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey

good place to start but not all the vets listed actually collect. I know one listed in PA doesn't, I've used them for other things, a top notch facility, but they actually referred me to another place. With my luck, it's probably the only one listed in US that doesn't because it's only hour and a half away.

ICSB has a listing of facilities similar to this.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 06-28-2019 05:22 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

Re: Smithville tn. vet

quote:
Originally posted by northga. mike
Dr burke is who I use. He’s good it cost 225 to collect the dog. $50 a year to store 30 collections it’s in pellets aswell. He also does ai breeding but prefers to do surgical where he places semen direct on the eggs because it’s a higher success rate. 10$ a day to keep dog if there waiting for breeding. Also he only charges 25$ for progesterone strips he’s cheaper than every one else as far as I know.

This is by far the cheapest prog. Ive ever heard or seen.!!!!
My progesterones here are 42.50 EACH !!!!! .... ive always thought they were way over priced here !!! seeing Burkes at $25 makes me even more frustrated now !! There is no telling how much money my vet makes on these annually .....He does a BUNCH of them and mostly on frenchies , and bulldogs as he is VERY popular with the reproduction of those breeds from all over the U.S. but esp here locally.

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 06-28-2019 07:01 PM
Rip
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Smithville tn. vet

quote:
Originally posted by B McDaniel
Dean Bitzel - Nevergone is great. He has went up since the sale fell through, but that just got him to where most everyone else was.

Clanton Vet Services - Thomasville Ga - huge mistake going there for collection!! Would never use them again!!

Going to try The Animal Clinic in Smithville, TN here in a couple weeks...........

quote:
Originally posted by northga. mike

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
This is by far the cheapest prog. Ive ever heard or seen.!!!!
My progesterones here are 42.50 EACH !!!!! .... ive always thought they were way over priced here !!! seeing Burkes at $25 makes me even more frustrated now !! There is no telling how much money my vet makes on these annually .....He does a BUNCH of them and mostly on frenchies , and bulldogs as he is VERY popular with the reproduction of those breeds from all over the U.S. but esp here locally.

This is who I use and I have never had a complaint or problem with him.

BUT, people should never get mad at what someone else "makes". You only THINK you know what he makes. Every state has different laws and taxes as well as regulations. For all we know the guy in Smithville makes more profit than all the rest because he is in Tennessee.

It's none of my business what they make. It is my business that they provide a service for me, do good work, and if I agree to the price then I don't care if they make 10000% profit that's their business. They took care of me and did what they promised for what I paid them.

Old Post 06-28-2019 11:04 PM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ssgied
UKC Forum Member

I had an eight year old dog collected at Dr.Burke’s about eight years ago. He divided the collection into six breedings. I recently took a female there and told him to use as much semen as needed, cause I didn’t want to miss. I picked her up,paid him $300 bucks, and now have one week old pups. He only used one breeding.

Old Post 06-29-2019 04:50 AM
ssgied is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ssgied Click here to Send ssgied a Private Message Click Here to Email ssgied Find more posts by ssgied Add ssgied to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Dr. James Bell, Castroville, TX. Not sure how many dogs he collects in a year but he surgically inseminates approximately 500 females a year.
Adios,
gary

Old Post 07-02-2019 04:36 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cleo
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ssgied
I had an eight year old dog collected at Dr.Burke’s about eight years ago. He divided the collection into six breedings. I recently took a female there and told him to use as much semen as needed, cause I didn’t want to miss. I picked her up,paid him $300 bucks, and now have one week old pups. He only used one breeding.

Thats how it is supposed to work with good, stored semen. It is pellet form now.

~A man is only as good as his word~

Proud home to;

'PR' Kentucky River Fly Again (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen)
ACHA CHT x3 Broken Roads Little Texas (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
CH Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Rowdy Lil Miss (Kentucky River Rowdy x Houses Lipper's Hope)
Broken Road's Meabie I will (Lipper's Rooster x Missy)
Broken Roads IMA Boomer2 (UKC NATL GRCH GRNTCH Honest Abe x Broken Roads Southern Stylish Boom
~~~~~Watch out!~~~~~
They just might make an IMPACT!

and the girls...Punkin and Tater!

Gone by never forgotten ~ Fly high my beautiful angels
~ GRCH GNTCH PKC SC Toucan Sam
~CH Toucan's Ugly Betty
~ CCH CH Southforks September Rain
~ Martin's Daisy JJ (what a beautiful litter you left behind)
~ Luke, the lab who brought us so many doves and ducks over the years
~ UKC GRCH,ACHA CH 2014 LWCH 2014 2 x's ACHA YOUTH WCH AKC CH AKC CH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ (Kentucky River Rowdy frozen semen) DNA Profiled ~ Fly high, old friend.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you!"

Old Post 07-02-2019 09:23 PM
Cleo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cleo Click here to Send Cleo a Private Message Find more posts by Cleo Add Cleo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
northga. mike
UKC Forum Member

Smithville veterinary clinic

Dr. Burke is located in smithville ten. Sorry for the late reply

Old Post 07-03-2019 05:06 PM
northga. mike is offline Click Here to See the Profile for northga. mike Click here to Send northga. mike a Private Message Click Here to Email northga. mike Find more posts by northga. mike Add northga. mike to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

What does he charge to surgically inseminate a female?
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 07-03-2019 05:40 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote