UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > The bluetick coondog
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

The bluetick coondog

What is your description of the bluetick coondog, Tailgate to tree?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-15-2020 11:22 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rustydonley
UKC Forum Member

Bluetick Coon Hound!

I like a Bluetick Coon Hound with a ball on track with a nice load loacate then chop on tree. I’m going to cut mine loose tonight and listen too mine tonight! Rusty

Last edited by rustydonley on 02-16-2020 at 03:21 AM

Old Post 02-15-2020 11:42 PM
rustydonley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rustydonley Click here to Send rustydonley a Private Message Click Here to Email rustydonley Find more posts by rustydonley Add rustydonley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

Beautiful bawl

IMO
Cut loose, get gone HUNTING, open with a beautiful bawl on track, not mouthy but opening as it goes, no need to look at the Garmin after they strike in. Working a track moving forward to the end wherever and however far that may be. Locating with a even bigger and longer bawl than changing to a steady chop or short bawl on tree. The tree should be where the track ends not alot of empties. I understand that you are not always going to see the coon as they should be able to run an older colder track that has possibly made it home.

Old Post 02-16-2020 12:11 AM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rustydonley
UKC Forum Member

Fern

Fern treed two up one tree shot one down big bore coon and 1 den tree. Rusty tonight

Old Post 02-16-2020 03:01 AM
rustydonley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rustydonley Click here to Send rustydonley a Private Message Click Here to Email rustydonley Find more posts by rustydonley Add rustydonley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vic Stoll
UKC Forum Member

One that is a coon treeing rascal alone or with company, regardless of what it is hunted with, what is gong on around it, or where it is hunted.

All the rest is preference related icing on the cake, but trumped by the above 😉

Gone but not forgotten:
Nt Ch Fanny's Midnite Blue Annie - aka Sodie Pop R.I.P. - I will miss you old girl

Nt Ch Becky’s Midnite Blue Hank - R.I.P. Old Boy, thank you for the memories

Gr Nt Ch S&E's Midnite Lite Blue Snow (Co-Owned with my good friend Harry Eidenier) - We had a blast following you ole girl!

Old Post 02-16-2020 04:47 PM
Vic Stoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vic Stoll Click here to Send Vic Stoll a Private Message Find more posts by Vic Stoll Add Vic Stoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BluBritches
UKC Forum Member

Subject to change

Cut loose: goes HUNTING. Not under your feet but not just GONE. Can race a short piece (100 yards or so) but should have nose to ground in short order
If I wanted to tree the coon 3 roads over I would have drove around
Once hunting it's nice to have a hound that just seems to know how to follow the lay of the land. It won't make much difference in strip ditches but in blocks timber it could be the difference between "hunting the area out" and just knowing where to be
I dont have to have a first strike dog they can even trail short distance (50 yd) first but once struck there should be an end. Not all dogs have the same nose and that's ok but need brains enough to know their limits. A clear bawl strike followed up by another one or two for striking in after that bawl according to track. As for speed on track- it's great (again) if they git brains for it. I dont like to see alot of doubling back cause they over run it
Tree: comp 1 big locate rolled straight over to hard steady chop with ears off
Tree: pleasure big clear check locate followed by a small circle (20 yd ish) then back to tree 2nd big locate followed by a clear change over a mix is fine so long as it's a clear change from trailing barks and tree barks
May not make sense to everyone and as I hunt more it may change but there it is for now

Old Post 02-18-2020 02:32 PM
BluBritches is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluBritches Click here to Send BluBritches a Private Message Find more posts by BluBritches Add BluBritches to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakenda creek b
UKC Forum Member

Goes hunting at the sounds of the lead snap. There looking to get struck and tree at 1 yard or 1000 yards. Honest strike dog, they bark they can be struck in. Good bawl mouth on track and opening enough to let you know where they’re at. Smart enough to move the track the right direction with speed. When they come treed I want to tree them on there first big, dying locate. Rolling it over to a steady chop and either be on the tree or sitting down off the tree. No jumping, chewing or rapid fire treeing, those dogs get hot in the summer. I want my dog deaf to other dogs. If they want to tree with him that’s fine but other dogs shouldn’t influence him.

Old Post 02-18-2020 11:48 PM
wakenda creek b is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakenda creek b Click here to Send wakenda creek b a Private Message Click Here to Email wakenda creek b Find more posts by wakenda creek b Add wakenda creek b to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote