UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Im new to the coon hunting sport Any tips
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by T3XASgrain903
I'll stick to my blue tick for now !!

All the b.s.ing is part of the sport. Whatever you like is up to you .it's all in good fun. And blueticks are good dogs for beginners and old men.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-30-2015 03:39 AM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Prince
All the b.s.ing is part of the sport. Whatever you like is up to you .it's all in good fun. And blueticks are good dogs for beginners and old men.

That's true them walkers are for young guns that love to walk in to every tree and shine every tree while thinking maybe this time?

Beginners normally start off the right way and get a blue then they go up and rebel and get walkers then they become old men wise old men and go back to what works.....so yes mr prince your right for the newbies and old men

LOL JK

Old Post 06-30-2015 03:45 AM
Duckassassin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duckassassin Click here to Send Duckassassin a Private Message Find more posts by Duckassassin Add Duckassassin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

The most important thing is be honest and remember the golden rule and remember they are just dogs. Go coonhunting with some honest trustworthy, law abiding folks and learn all you can. And do not believe everything you hear. And the key with pup training in my opinion is patience. They are PUPS !! Not grown dogs !

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Old Post 06-30-2015 03:54 AM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cbcoonskinner
UKC Forum Member

Sell out and take up playing golf it will be cheaper!

Home of:
Red Eagle Chief

Old Post 06-30-2015 03:56 AM
cbcoonskinner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cbcoonskinner Click here to Send cbcoonskinner a Private Message Click Here to Email cbcoonskinner Visit cbcoonskinner's homepage! Find more posts by cbcoonskinner Add cbcoonskinner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Duckassassin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Baldwin
The most important thing is be honest and remember the golden rule and remember they are just dogs. Go coonhunting with some honest trustworthy, law abiding folks and learn all you can. And do not believe everything you hear. And the key with pup training in my opinion is patience. They are PUPS !! Not grown dogs !

X2

Old Post 06-30-2015 03:57 AM
Duckassassin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Duckassassin Click here to Send Duckassassin a Private Message Find more posts by Duckassassin Add Duckassassin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T3XASgrain903
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by cbcoonskinner
Sell out and take up playing golf it will be cheaper!

Played in high school and college ... Still scratch golfer ... Next talents are on coon hunting

Old Post 06-30-2015 04:04 AM
T3XASgrain903 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T3XASgrain903 Click here to Send T3XASgrain903 a Private Message Click Here to Email T3XASgrain903 Find more posts by T3XASgrain903 Add T3XASgrain903 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T3XASgrain903
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Oh I love the funning around ... Hope everyone can joke like me !! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Old Post 06-30-2015 04:08 AM
T3XASgrain903 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T3XASgrain903 Click here to Send T3XASgrain903 a Private Message Click Here to Email T3XASgrain903 Find more posts by T3XASgrain903 Add T3XASgrain903 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I am in Oklahoma yall flooded like us good friend of mine delton hall just moved to dekalb he will hunt with you !!

Old Post 06-30-2015 11:05 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

Spend the next couple months finding good hunting spots and obedience training that pup.Take it for long walks near water.Watch out for them wild hogs.Finding a local hunter with some good hounds to show you the ropes will help also.Good luck with that pup.

Old Post 07-01-2015 12:18 AM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

Always look for arrowheads when taking your pup for a walk. Found 2 today

Old Post 07-01-2015 12:36 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T3XASgrain903
UKC Forum Member

Wish I had some local hunters to work with ... I got all the land in the world but no one that hunts pups in east Texas

Old Post 07-01-2015 01:20 AM
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

East Texas is some beautiful country.I went on vacation just south of Dallas. A couple months ago.I covered around 2,500 acres searched high and low.Never seen 1 coon track.I couldn't believe it.So id say hunting location is the key down there.Theres ALOT of country in Texas.Here in Ohio you find a creek or a box woods and its on.

Old Post 07-01-2015 01:36 AM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by T3XASgrain903
Wish I had some local hunters to work with ... I got all the land in the world but no one that hunts pups in east Texas

Where you at ? I got a buddy in Magnolia I'm sure would take you hunting.

Old Post 07-01-2015 02:10 AM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T3XASgrain903
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jackson87
East Texas is some beautiful country.I went on vacation just south of Dallas. A couple months ago.I covered around 2,500 acres searched high and low.Never seen 1 coon track.I couldn't believe it.So id say hunting location is the key down there.Theres ALOT of country in Texas.Here in Ohio you find a creek or a box woods and its on.

Yea Jackson most of the good coon hunting is around the Texas Louisiana state line

Old Post 07-01-2015 04:22 AM
T3XASgrain903
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jackson87

There's not much woods south of Dallas

Old Post 07-01-2015 04:23 AM
T3XASgrain903
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Where you at ? I got a buddy in Magnolia I'm sure would take you hunting.
I'm around the waskom tx area

Old Post 07-01-2015 04:23 AM
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

I been to texas one time. East texas. EVERYBODY owns 1,000 acres. It don't matter if its a single wide trailer or a 10 story mansion, everybody has LAND. I didn't see one single subdivision whatsoever. Half a mile to a mile between every house. Looked like a coon hunters dream. But I wasn't trying to hunt it. I was just driving through. LOL theres a difference.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Old Post 07-01-2015 05:14 AM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T3XASgrain903
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Baldwin
I been to texas one time. East texas. EVERYBODY owns 1,000 acres. It don't matter if its a single wide trailer or a 10 story mansion, everybody has LAND. I didn't see one single subdivision whatsoever. Half a mile to a mile between every house. Looked like a coon hunters dream. But I wasn't trying to hunt it. I was just driving through. LOL theres a difference.

Haha yea we got 1500 in between Toledo bend and Sabine national forest near Huxley tx ... Whitetail, duck hunting, hog hunting, and coon hunters dream ... I bet I had 10,000 pics of coons on 12 cameras last year

Old Post 07-01-2015 05:18 AM
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

Sounds awesome.

Old Post 07-01-2015 07:27 AM
Greg Burks
UKC Forum Member

I'm in san Augustine I knw quite a few coon hunters in east txs there's hunts held in Center and Carthage you could come to them and meet some good folks to hunt with...

Old Post 07-01-2015 12:14 PM
Greg Burks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Greg Burks Click here to Send Greg Burks a Private Message Find more posts by Greg Burks Add Greg Burks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T3XASgrain903
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Burks
I'm in san Augustine I knw quite a few coon hunters in east txs there's hunts held in Center and Carthage you could come to them and meet some good folks to hunt with...

I'm gonna go out on a limb Greg and say me and you prolly know the same hog hunters as well

Old Post 07-01-2015 02:23 PM
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

We mostly hog hunted around Jacksonville,Milford,and Paris while I was there.I hope your spots are better than those.lol

Old Post 07-01-2015 05:03 PM
bigcoonsdropen
UKC Forum Member

While reading this poat i saw blue ticks and blue bones arent kin so whats a blue bone

Old Post 07-01-2015 07:13 PM
bigcoonsdropen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigcoonsdropen Click here to Send bigcoonsdropen a Private Message Click Here to Email bigcoonsdropen Find more posts by bigcoonsdropen Add bigcoonsdropen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by bigcoonsdropen
While reading this poat i saw blue ticks and blue bones arent kin so whats a blue bone

It's a cross breed

Old Post 07-01-2015 07:52 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T3XASgrain903
UKC Forum Member

I honestly don't know the cross breeding deal but I have a blue tick haha ... I'm new to the sport so I couldn't argue either

Old Post 07-01-2015 07:56 PM