UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > New Rule On Scratched For Fighting Question
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Are UKC registered Pit Bulls allowed in nite hunts? Asking for a friend.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-02-2019 04:22 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

It's All in the wording LOL.
IF the rule said no dog singular usage .
It says DOG(S) on leash not DOG .
I'm being bone headed. LOL
Problem is these guys that passed/worded these rules never thought about the potential conflicts.
Just like the rule that was passed and then later rescinded about minus of dogs coming in late to trees with a coon seen.

Seriously though I got a question.
You guys that are so all fired up about how wonderful it is this rule passed giving these gripey nasty mean dogs a break to not get scratched for fighting.
You all say wow I never ran into but a few mean dogs in all my years hunting in hunts.
WHY ARE YOU ALL SO FIRED UP TO HAVE WANTED THIS TYPE RULE PASSED TO PROTECT NON EXISTING MEAN DOGS THAT YOU NEVER SEE COME TO HUNTS?????

Gone but never forgotten:
NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
NtChGrCh Dryfork Little Blue Baby Doll
2009 Pa Show Dog Of The Year
GrCh Dryfork Little Black Book
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Gone too soon RIP my baby girl
Gr.Ch. Black Dog Black Cherry
GrCh Dryfork Black Dog Raine
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper
2018 Pa. Show Dog Of Year
Gr.Ch. Batman's Poison Ivy
2011&2013 WTDA Pa State Champion
2011&2013 Overall Hunt For The Cure
Ch. Jay's Greenridge Heidi
In memory of my best friend "Jay"

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 12-02-2019 at 07:13 AM

Old Post 12-02-2019 07:09 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Team Mafia 2
Dog B is Scratched dog A is in the clear.

So lets say you saw that Dog A started the fight. Would you feel satisfaction that Dog A gets to rock on in the rest of the hunt if you owned Dog B ?

If this is UKC 's official ruling. So be it. Don't mean I have to like it.
I still stick by my gut though to fairness "BOTH" dogs should have to be handled and on a leash to escape a scratch.

NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
One of kind and would make a believer out of you when you thought there were no coon left
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 12-02-2019 at 07:42 AM

Old Post 12-02-2019 07:38 AM
Pat Bizich is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Bizich Click here to Send Pat Bizich a Private Message Find more posts by Pat Bizich Add Pat Bizich to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lance Laymon
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Bingham
Wow. Is all I can say. I'd like to know where all these mean dogs are. I hunt both KFC's primarily pkc. I hunt all over the country. I've seen maybe 3-4 mean dogs in the last 10 yrs. And most were in ukc and them dogs didn't hunt pkc. If your having that many dog fights when your in a hunt you better look at what's on the end of your lead.

As far as wanting an official answer to the question on this thread. If you can read its in the rules. YOU CANNOT SCRATCH A DOG THAT'S ON THE LEASH.

You sir are one luck man if youve only drawn 4 mean dogs in 10 year. Ive seen that many in one cast any give weekend. This should be coonhunting not dog fighting. I say bar the dog and suspend owner. Needs to be stopped

Last edited by Lance Laymon on 12-02-2019 at 09:24 AM

Old Post 12-02-2019 09:20 AM
Lance Laymon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lance Laymon Click here to Send Lance Laymon a Private Message Find more posts by Lance Laymon Add Lance Laymon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

You cant scratch them if they are on a leash. Thats all there is to it. The dog on the leash can not be scratched. If Dog B comes up to a dog leashed away from a tree it is probably the aggressor anyways.

This may happen once every 5,000 casts. No rule can prepare for fluke situations, so lets just stop worrying about something 99.9% of us will never have happen to us.

Old Post 12-02-2019 09:30 AM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Bizich
It's All in the wording LOL.
IF the rule said no dog singular usage .
It says DOG(S) on leash not DOG .
I'm being bone headed. LOL
Problem is these guys that passed/worded these rules never thought about the potential conflicts.
Just like the rule that was passed and then later rescinded about minus of dogs coming in late to trees with a coon seen.

Seriously though I got a question.
You guys that are so all fired up about how wonderful it is this rule passed giving these gripey nasty mean dogs a break to not get scratched for fighting.
You all say wow I never ran into but a few mean dogs in all my years hunting in hunts.
WHY ARE YOU ALL SO FIRED UP TO HAVE WANTED THIS TYPE RULE PASSED TO PROTECT NON EXISTING MEAN DOGS THAT YOU NEVER SEE COME TO HUNTS?????

by your wording and spelling UKC's wording and spelling is very clear by them using dog(s) it covers 1 dog on leash or multiple dogs on leash. If they only wanted it when the dogs in the cast were on leash it wouldn't have the parentheses around the s, it would just be worded dogs not dog(s). And they obviously did think about the conflicts. Otherwise they wouldn't have needed to rewrite most of the rules. They could've done amendments like back in the 90's and early 2000's that you had to ink out all the garbage wording to get the rules. And I still think that a dog coming into a tree late needs to take minus.

I think a big issue is everyone's definition of mean is a little different. Just like everyone's definition of a coondawg is different. My dogs aren't nasty or mean. They've been hunted with several different dogs and got along just fine. So my theory is if you keep seeing this type of dog you should probably look at what you're leading around.

How many dogs did you scratch last year for fighting and never seen any of it?

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 12-02-2019 12:20 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Eric DePue

Your response was correct, UKC using dog(s) meant exactly that a dog or dogs, that's exactly what using ( ) means and is an accepted practice in all legal documents. Dave

Old Post 12-02-2019 01:14 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Bizich
Banned

I am the one that added the (S) not UKC. LOL
You see.You all already got the idea that it means the difference in wording if one dog gets to start a fight and is allowed to get away with it.
You all fell right into that one.LOL

This is UKC version . No ( ) around dogs. Scratched for Fighting Change rule to scratch dogs for fighting or attempting to fight...…. rule will prevent dogs from being scratched while...…... on the leash

I ask again ANYONE
Explain to me if there is not a problem with mean dogs being entered in a hunt that need "PROTECTED" ( which is exactly what this rule does.Protects nasty gripey mean dogs from getting scratched) WHY WAS THIS RULE NEEDED???
ANYONE???
Make me a believer.

"shadinc
Are UKC registered Pit Bulls allowed in nite hunts? Asking for a friend."
I think that is what I shall call this new rule when I have to explain to a cast why you can't scratch one dog for fighting but you must scratch the second one.
"THE PITBULL RULE"

NtChGrCh Dryfork Punkin
Gr.Ch. Make My Day Sunny
Home of:
2009,2013,2018 Pa. State
Show Handler Of The Year
CH. Power Pack Pepper

Last edited by Pat Bizich on 12-02-2019 at 02:33 PM

Old Post 12-02-2019 02:14 PM
yadkintar
Banned

As long as I been in the game we have always had them. The day I give up hunting and after we will still have them.

Sad thing is the guys that bring them to the hunts know they are that way before they enter them. Millions of dogs in the world look for one that trees back off the tree buuuuuut then they want to minus you for being off the tree to far because their dog is cleaning the tree. Been that way long as I remember lol.

Tar

Old Post 12-02-2019 02:23 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Team Mafia 2
Dog B is Scratched dog A is in the clear.
I don't feel this would be the correct way to score this situation. Nobody saw the aggressor. Farther more 1 dog is leashed which States now scratch.

Old Post 12-02-2019 02:46 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pat Bizich
I am the one that added the (S) not UKC. LOL
You see.You all already got the idea that it means the difference in wording if one dog gets to start a fight and is allowed to get away with it.
You all fell right into that one.LOL

This is UKC version . No ( ) around dogs. Scratched for Fighting Change rule to scratch dogs for fighting or attempting to fight...…. rule will prevent dogs from being scratched while...…... on the leash

I ask again ANYONE
Explain to me if there is not a problem with mean dogs being entered in a hunt that need "PROTECTED" ( which is exactly what this rule does.Protects nasty gripey mean dogs from getting scratched) WHY WAS THIS RULE NEEDED???
ANYONE???
Make me a believer.

"shadinc
Are UKC registered Pit Bulls allowed in nite hunts? Asking for a friend."
I think that is what I shall call this new rule when I have to explain to a cast why you can't scratch one dog for fighting but you must scratch the second one.
"THE PITBULL RULE"
[/QUOTE

I know the way the rules were at one point a dog could be scratched before you even left the club. You could put 2 dogs in a box and if they started sorting out for position you could be scratched. The way the rule was worded about under authority of judge.

Old Post 12-02-2019 02:49 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Anyhow, what does being on a leash have to do with it? Exactly what is the rationale behind this thinking? In a post a while back some people said they don't like to bring their dogs in for a picture because they don't get along with other dogs. Are you saying you can't control your dog on a leash two feet from you but when he's 1000 yards away in the dark he's an angel?

Old Post 12-02-2019 02:49 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jack Bingham
Wow. Is all I can say. I'd like to know where all these mean dogs are. I hunt both KFC's primarily pkc. I hunt all over the country. I've seen maybe 3-4 mean dogs in the last 10 yrs. And most were in ukc and them dogs didn't hunt pkc. If your having that many dog fights when your in a hunt you better look at what's on the end of your lead.

As far as wanting an official answer to the question on this thread. If you can read its in the rules. YOU CANNOT SCRATCH A DOG THAT'S ON THE LEASH.

I have not seen but very few rough dogs in the last 20 yrs. I seen a lot more of what most people would consider rough dogs in the 90’s. I know my definition of a rough tree dog isn’t the same as everyone else’s.

Old Post 12-02-2019 02:55 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Once again, everyone complaining about a rule change is making a mountain out of a molehill.

There are no more, or no less mean dogs going to be in the hunts because of this rule. All it does is prevent an unwarranted scratch.

Just stop crying and wait till Jan 1st, and see for yourself.

Old Post 12-02-2019 02:57 PM
Josh Michaelis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Josh Michaelis Click here to Send Josh Michaelis a Private Message Click Here to Email Josh Michaelis Find more posts by Josh Michaelis Add Josh Michaelis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

It's also going to prevent some warranted scratches.

Old Post 12-02-2019 03:03 PM
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

How is it going to prevent a warranted scratch? How many fights are you all having?

Old Post 12-02-2019 03:44 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I'm not seeing enough fights to concern myself with changing the fighting rule, but somebody obviously is.

Old Post 12-02-2019 03:57 PM
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
I'm not seeing enough fights to concern myself with changing the fighting rule, but somebody obviously is.

You will alway have the sky is falling crowd.
Everyone has there own definition of a rough dog.
So what is everyone’s definition of a rough dog that needs scratched? Not UKC definition but what do the different people think is a reason to scratch.

Old Post 12-02-2019 04:41 PM
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I have only scratched 2 dogs for fighting this year. They was both rolling around and needed pulled off each other. YET 1 handler gave me a hard time over being scratched. Personally I don't think the sky was falling the way the rules were. Dang cry babies wanted it changed though.

Old Post 12-02-2019 07:31 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pamjohnson
I have only scratched 2 dogs for fighting this year. They was both rolling around and needed pulled off each other. YET 1 handler gave me a hard time over being scratched. Personally I don't think the sky was falling the way the rules were. Dang cry babies wanted it changed though.

So how many dogs do you normally scratch a year for fighting?

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 12-02-2019 08:38 PM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Fighting dogs

I can't speak for the rest of the country, but in all my years of competition hunting and pleasure hunting, I have seen very few dogs get scratched for fighting. It just was never a problem in these parts, most folks around here would not tolerate a mean dog. Fighting was not tolerated ! Dave

Old Post 12-02-2019 09:47 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Josh Michaelis
UKC Forum Member

Re: Fighting dogs

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
I can't speak for the rest of the country, but in all my years of competition hunting and pleasure hunting, I have seen very few dogs get scratched for fighting. It just was never a problem in these parts, most folks around here would not tolerate a mean dog. Fighting was not tolerated ! Dave

I don't know as to whether I have EVER seen a dog scratched for fighting. If I did I don't recall it

Old Post 12-02-2019 09:51 PM
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Fighting dogs

quote:
Originally posted by Josh Michaelis
I don't know as to whether I have EVER seen a dog scratched for fighting. If I did I don't recall it

I haven't seen it. But I have un-pleasure hunted with 1 or 2. But I wouldn't say that mean dogs are prevalent here either.

And

Gone but not forgotten

Old Post 12-02-2019 10:00 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Fighting dogs

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
I haven't seen it. But I have un-pleasure hunted with 1 or 2. But I wouldn't say that mean dogs are prevalent here either.

I have but it’s been a long , long , long time ago.

Tar

Old Post 12-02-2019 10:08 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I haven’t seen a mean dog in 25 years. What UKC needs to do is have a seminar to educate what a mean dog is. I bet 95% of hunters have never saw a mean dog. Head slinging some yaw yaw squalls or a little nippy face bark ain’t a mean dog. I don’t hunt them but I won’t scratch a fellow for toting a hard radical treedog. You get one that meets them dudes 15 feet off the tree and yokes them around the neck shaking them like a rag doll or one of them that has that rear end to the tree daring them to come on in running at whatever shows up they need scratched. The style I described won’t be in very many cast. Must be plenty of them out there I just don’t draw them. Lucky I guess.

Old Post 12-02-2019 11:34 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote