UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > What is your favorite strain of Walkers??
What is your favorite strain of walker
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Lone Pine (Wild) 59 8.23%
Lipper 101 14.09%
Yadkin River 79 11.02%
Nailor 68 9.48%
Stylish 61 8.51%
Sackett 144 20.08%
other 205 28.59%
Total: 717 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (9): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Austin Sigmon
UKC Forum Member

sacket is Yadkinriver

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-08-2006 02:29 PM
Austin Sigmon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Austin Sigmon Click here to Send Austin Sigmon a Private Message Click Here to Email Austin Sigmon Find more posts by Austin Sigmon Add Austin Sigmon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coon dawg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Austin Sigmon
sacket is Yadkinriver
....indeed he is.........

Last edited by coon dawg on 06-26-2006 at 07:08 PM

Old Post 06-08-2006 04:45 PM
coon dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon dawg Click here to Send coon dawg a Private Message Find more posts by coon dawg Add coon dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cougar
UKC Forum Member

Hank is correct Lipper is not at all yadkin river , lol matter of fact his daddy is House's Clint and his Momma is House's Queen Lou . I also prefer a good solid Finley river dog , my best one got killed 4 1/2 years ago , his grand father was Hern's Red Eagle Dick , and he was a dandy fine hound just like his grand dad . I have a pup right now that is half Houses bred and half finley river , and a female pup that is all finley river . If these 2 make out to be just half as good as there ancestors that i have in this 6 generation ped. lord have mercy ,k-d bar the door... best of wishes to all and happy hunting with what ever breed you choose to hunt...

Old Post 06-14-2006 02:08 AM
cougar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cougar Click here to Send cougar a Private Message Click Here to Email cougar Find more posts by cougar Add cougar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
truly
Banned

pete

to add to jay brademeyers post on those sassy dogs the dog i am hunting the techno cowboy dog is sassy bred with a little jr blood and on top credit river tucker who is off of porcupine valley rebel. which i think is my favorite strain. the rebel bred dogs are the fastest , best track dogs in the woods bar none. p dressens bess line goes back to this as do my tucker dogs. in particularly dry conditions this strain cant be outtracked. in the ukc world championship held in ada in the driest conditions ever there were 3 rebel bred dogs in the top twenty. rebel goes back to clint. my vote for clint/rebel.

Old Post 06-14-2006 02:57 AM
truly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for truly Click here to Send truly a Private Message Find more posts by truly Add truly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.dunn
New UKC Forum Member

my favorite breeding

My best breeding that I hunted is from Rock River Stone & Nailor that I just lost. This dog taught me to hunt and is sadly missed. I threw this in with River Bend Flag & Hard Knockin Stylish Hayes to get the most awesome litter of pups I have ever seen. Glad to see some like the old breeding of W. VA. Sky & Flag. Susan

Old Post 06-26-2006 02:44 AM
l.dunn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.dunn Click here to Send l.dunn a Private Message Click Here to Email l.dunn Find more posts by l.dunn Add l.dunn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wkfii
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by SEKY Coonhunter
Spring Creek Radar female crossed with Crowding Billy produced the best hound i've ever hooked a lead to.

Spring Creek Radar? I am having a brain blockage and cannot recall that line. Could you share some history with us. Crowding Billy I know. Direct line into among other things the Big Stride line of running Walkers.

Member of the NAADP

Track and Tree with Accuracy and Determination.

Old Post 07-07-2006 03:58 AM
wkfii is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wkfii Click here to Send wkfii a Private Message Click Here to Email wkfii Find more posts by wkfii Add wkfii to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wkfii
Spring Creek Radar? I am having a brain blockage and cannot recall that line. Could you share some history with us. Crowding Billy I know. Direct line into among other things the Big Stride line of running Walkers.

radar was direct out of spring creek rock,,,,you could take an double shot of jack for the blockage ,lol,makes things more mellow,lol

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 07-07-2006 04:27 AM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jesse walter
UKC Forum Member

???

wouldent have eny of them!! COONHUNT WITH ENGLISH!!!!!!!!LOL

Now before all u walker guys start jumping up and down on me this was just a little joke LOL!!!!!!!!!!

NTCH CH BUTTERCREEKS BIG WIN

Old Post 07-07-2006 06:42 AM
jesse walter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jesse walter Click here to Send jesse walter a Private Message Click Here to Email jesse walter Find more posts by jesse walter Add jesse walter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

Re: ???

quote:
Originally posted by jesse walter
wouldent have eny of them!! COONHUNT WITH ENGLISH!!!!!!!!LOL

Now before all u walker guys start jumping up and down on me this was just a little joke LOL!!!!!!!!!!

nobody will jump on you cause all english dogs are is ticked up walkers,lol

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 07-07-2006 02:04 PM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jesse walter
UKC Forum Member

Wild bill

just so u know walkers came from eng dogs. eng dogs were here first.

NTCH CH BUTTERCREEKS BIG WIN

Old Post 07-07-2006 03:09 PM
jesse walter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jesse walter Click here to Send jesse walter a Private Message Click Here to Email jesse walter Find more posts by jesse walter Add jesse walter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cajunhounds
UKC Forum Member

i agree with al you english people but i do have a few walker dogs and there sackett and wick stylish banjo and a wipeout zeb females. but other than that it all english

Old Post 07-07-2006 11:13 PM
cajunhounds is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cajunhounds Find more posts by cajunhounds Add cajunhounds to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wkfii
UKC Forum Member

Re: Wild bill

quote:
Originally posted by jesse walter
just so u know walkers came from eng dogs. eng dogs were here first.

Now Jessie, there were Walker hounds, or a strain of hounds called Walker, before anyone came up with the broad umbrella concept of calling all the hounds not recognized English to create some indicia of credibility in the brand. Besides, it ought to be called French instead of English. I am sure there are some good French, Frog ... uh English Coonhounds. But that label was created after Walker.

Member of the NAADP

Track and Tree with Accuracy and Determination.

Old Post 07-08-2006 04:56 PM
wkfii is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wkfii Click here to Send wkfii a Private Message Click Here to Email wkfii Find more posts by wkfii Add wkfii to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Nethery
UKC Forum Member

I like the English Hounds,

They are kind of like a Walker, with a Half Powder Charge. LOL

GRNITECH GR"CH "PR" KIZERS Bleedin Blue Slugger, Bluetick and PR Netherys Trixie Bluetick

Old Post 07-08-2006 06:14 PM
Richard Nethery is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Nethery Click here to Send Richard Nethery a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Nethery Find more posts by Richard Nethery Add Richard Nethery to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Starke
UKC Forum Member

Finley River

Since I have started back to hunting after a 15 year layoff, I have read positive and negative comments on the Finley River strain. The "strain" had/has several branches. For instance, line breeding the same family, a related family line breeding, or an outcross. Not all crosses reproduce. Some have outstanding individuals, but will not reproduce. Examples of various crosses would be Finley River Dan and his sons and grandsons. Finley River Dan and Finley River Joe. A cross that endures to this day with great success is Finley River Dan and Finley River Pete known as Lone Pine. Numerous modern day studs trace to this cross. As with most crosses, garbage in/garbage out. Who made the cross? I am currently blending several families of Finley River hoping to recapture the dogs I used to hunt. Good looking, hard hunting, track driving, big mouthed hard tree dogs with good dispositions.

Old Post 08-08-2006 10:57 AM
Robert Starke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Starke Click here to Send Robert Starke a Private Message Find more posts by Robert Starke Add Robert Starke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

BTT

Bring this post out of mothballs ,,some interesting stuff here might help some of the younger hunters on here !!

Old Post 10-25-2011 05:39 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
egkennel90
UKC Forum Member

Wipeout hounds

GRNITECH-Hardwood Sweety 2($345.00 in PKC)(1 win in AKC)(Cast Winner 2013 Autumn Oaks)(Cast winner 2012 & 2013 SETWD)(2014 Autumn Oaks Grand 16)(Qualified for 2014 UKC World)Co Owned By Derrick Dalton
Hardwood Sweety 3
Wipeout Izzy
Clover's Southern Drawl
Tar Hill Wipeout King

Gone But Not Forgotten
NITECH GRCH-Easy Going Jane
NITECH-Easy Going Janie
NITECH-Clyde's Wild Bam
Tar Hill Two

Matt Miller Jr.
Rogersville Tennessee
(423)-327-8066

Old Post 10-25-2011 06:11 PM
egkennel90 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for egkennel90 Click here to Send egkennel90 a Private Message Click Here to Email egkennel90 Find more posts by egkennel90 Add egkennel90 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hopkins/Lipper
UKC Forum Member

HOUSE'S LIPPER

Well obviously I say LIPPER !! with the new HOUSE'S LIPPER X INSANE JANE
arrival maybe the younger guys can find out what the fuss
was all about !
Tom Hopkins
Hopkins/LIPPER

ADIOS LIGHTNING
HOPKINS CASH
AND NOW...
2015 PERFORMANCE SIRES
2015 SUPERSTAKES SIRES
2015 CHKC SUPER STUDS
LIPPER'S DR. LAW
AND
LIPPER'S IMPACT

Old Post 10-25-2011 10:01 PM
Hopkins/Lipper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hopkins/Lipper Click here to Send Hopkins/Lipper a Private Message Click Here to Email Hopkins/Lipper Find more posts by Hopkins/Lipper Add Hopkins/Lipper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hunting24/7
UKC Forum Member

clover-wild bred.. "simple as black and white" but i do like my wipeout hound also

Wild Style Walkers
Home of:
'PR' Hands Wild Style Tuff

Old Post 10-25-2011 10:07 PM
Hunting24/7 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hunting24/7 Click here to Send Hunting24/7 a Private Message Find more posts by Hunting24/7 Add Hunting24/7 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jason2579
UKC Forum Member

I too like Wick's Stylish Banjo and got the chance to hunt with him when Terry Daniels owned him here Iowa for a spell i was very young lad then. Plus of course the Spring Creek Rock dogs that we owned which several were directly out of old rock. Some outstanding crosses were made out of Banjo and some of our Rock females. To bad as soon as i hit high school there was different kind of tail i liked chasing plus sports and lost interest in hunting there for awhile Plus it seemed the girls i dated didn't seem to like the furs in the truck or wet dog smell coming off the passenger seat never could figure that one out to me that was the smell of money. But when i got back into hunting i couldn't find a walker i liked but then got one from some stylish breeding and daniels breeding that had old Banjo right there in 3 gene ped so i swooped on him turned out being super nice hound. Still would love to get one out Old Rock again if the chance every rises.

NT CH Bullets Iowa River Squirt
Five star state hunt championship 2nd place
Five star qualifier 1st place win.
Bbcha sectional high scoring male
World hunt qualified 2009
9th place open bluetick reunion
Davis's Iowa River Striker ( Squirt X J and N's Blue Night Sky)

BnJs Sugar Babe.
Hitting the comp hunts 2015

"Whatever works for you"

Old Post 10-25-2011 10:51 PM
jason2579 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jason2579 Click here to Send jason2579 a Private Message Click Here to Email jason2579 Find more posts by jason2579 Add jason2579 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

Re: Strains

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff H.
I'm always amazed when people discuss "strains" of Walkers within the breed. So many of these so called strains can be traced back to a few dominate hounds within the breed such as Finley River Chief and Finley River Dan and the descendants of James Merchants Bawling Barney. No doubt Bozo has had his impact and in no way do I mean to take anything away from him but let's look at where he came from. A son of the old Hickory Nut Harry who was sired by Merchant's Bawling Barney. Boone himself goes back to both Barney and Finley River Chief. The Sackett hounds go back to the Yadkin River dogs if I'm not mistaken and I think they go back to Sailor.
Now a couple others that I think also have made a tremendous impact are River Bend Flag,Johnson's Banjo, and House Chief.
It appears to me that James Merchant and Joe House should get alot of the credit for alot of the so called strains of Walkers of today.
I would be interested to know what other's think might constitute a "Strain" or "Line" within the Walker breed because I seem to be held up in a time warp. Some will say that after six or seven generations you will get almost no genetic help from these older hounds from the past but I can't help but wonder how House Lipper would have existed without Tom and Chief and Joe House ,or how Bozo would have been bozo without Harry and would Harry have been harry without Bawling Barney,and James Merchant.
I wouldn't dare leave this thread without mentioning one of the founding fathers of the breed ...Lester NANCE!!
Again.. I would be interested in learning more about what you think constitutes a "strain " within the breed.

It seems they get a "strain" recognition if they are heavily promted and breed the most gyps with reasonable results. I bet ten years from now we will be talking about the Mr Clean strain. LOL

Old Post 10-26-2011 01:09 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Caleb Wilson
UKC Forum Member

river bend

423 322 9448

Old Post 10-26-2011 01:49 AM
Caleb Wilson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Caleb Wilson Click here to Send Caleb Wilson a Private Message Click Here to Email Caleb Wilson Find more posts by Caleb Wilson Add Caleb Wilson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Whordel
Banned

The best strains is the ones where they outcrossed them,little bit of Cur,little bit of bird dog,little bit of this and that.I love hounds with pink noses lol.

2012 Autumn Oaks Cast Win
2012 Qualified Lee Crawford
2012 Qualified Purina National
2013 Walker Days Cast Win
2013 Qualified ACHA World
2 Wins toward Grand
Back to work so the hunting and hunts are over for now lol.
*2013 Performance Sire*

***RIP Gr.Nt.Ch River Kennel Rock***

Chris Cordle
BOSS LIGHTS
CCC
Carter County Cooners

Old Post 10-26-2011 03:32 AM
Whordel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Whordel Click here to Send Whordel a Private Message Find more posts by Whordel Add Whordel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old ben
UKC Forum Member

rockriver,,,house,,,,tarhill nitro

Anderson County Coon Club
Lance White
865-919-7234

Old Post 10-26-2011 09:21 PM
old ben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for old ben Click here to Send old ben a Private Message Click Here to Email old ben Find more posts by old ben Add old ben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GLANCY'S 7 MILE
UKC Forum Member

I tend to be fond of the Sackett Jr. Bred hounds! Seems like most of the good ones I've hunted with have had some Sackett Jr. in them!

GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH MAC (RIP)
GRNITECH X2 PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE CLYDE
NITECH PKC CH 'PR' GLANCY'S 7 MILE MERCY

Old Post 10-27-2011 12:25 AM
GLANCY'S 7 MILE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GLANCY'S 7 MILE Click here to Send GLANCY'S 7 MILE a Private Message Click Here to Email GLANCY'S 7 MILE Visit GLANCY'S 7 MILE's homepage! Find more posts by GLANCY'S 7 MILE Add GLANCY'S 7 MILE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
l.lyle
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by KyKoonHunter32
I tend to be fond of the Sackett Jr. Bred hounds! Seems like most of the good ones I've hunted with have had some Sackett Jr. in them!

Sackett Jr. had a pup that made Gr Nite and that dog was the sire to my old dog. My old dog never made anything but a coondog that I fed for 13 years. I bred him to a Walker bitch that hunted right untill she was three when she started getting out of beep beep range before she started hunting and I got rid of her. I kept one bitch pup out of that cross. That pup was too much go yonder for me but she wasn't trashy and treed her own starting at about 7 months. I bred her to a leopard figuring that would put some sense back in them and it worked. I bred her back to another leopard. That male pup is now 13 months old and has been running with the old doogs and never see him till you get to the tree since he was 5 months old and never trashed. I know the 6th generation off of a dog can't have too much influence left but they are still hard treeing and accurate dogs. It sure hasn't hurt anything. And now I hunt without a leash.

Old Post 10-27-2011 12:56 AM
l.lyle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for l.lyle Click here to Send l.lyle a Private Message Click Here to Email l.lyle Find more posts by l.lyle Add l.lyle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote