UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > What is your favorite strain of Walkers??
What is your favorite strain of walker
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Lone Pine (Wild) 59 8.23%
Lipper 101 14.09%
Yadkin River 79 11.02%
Nailor 68 9.48%
Stylish 61 8.51%
Sackett 144 20.08%
other 205 28.59%
Total: 717 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Rusty Ruble
UKC Forum Member

Secret Recipe

House blood crossed on the old stylish Preacher & Banjo stuff = DieHard coon poison

Special thanks to, Joe House, Paul Gregg, John Wick, and Jimmy Guess for the ingredients.

Rusty Ruble

Home of Gr. Nt. Ch. Ruble's Stylish Lady, Gr. Nt. Ch. PKC Ch. Ruble's Die-Hard Lipper, Gr. Nt. Ch. Ms. Crank, Nt. Ch. Ruble's Stylish Magnum, Gr. Nt. Ch. PKC Ch. Ruble's Die-Hard Jackpot, Gr. Nt. Ch. Ruble's Die-Hard Misty May, Nt. Ch. Ruble's Die-Hard Ruby, and PKC Silver Ch. Gr. Nt. Ch. Ruble's Die-Hard Banker.

"Wise men still seek HIM"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-26-2006 09:04 PM
Rusty Ruble is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rusty Ruble Click here to Send Rusty Ruble a Private Message Visit Rusty Ruble's homepage! Find more posts by Rusty Ruble Add Rusty Ruble to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brad Roe
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: I may be biased, but...............

quote:
Originally posted by vernoncoonhunte
Gotta love that Wipeout blood. It can even help the helpless B&T'sLOL

Vernoncoonhunte, if you will come up to North Alabama I will take you to the woods with some helpless B&T's!!!

Old Post 01-26-2006 09:18 PM
Brad Roe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brad Roe Click here to Send Brad Roe a Private Message Click Here to Email Brad Roe Find more posts by Brad Roe Add Brad Roe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NMtrophytakers
UKC Forum Member

The Ol' Foundation

Hunting cats and the occasional bear, we try and stick with the ol House blood and Finley River. That has done great for us. We are trying some Sackett blood now, she is seven months old. We will see how she does. Maybe try mixing her with our House males in a year or so.
Mr. House knew what hounds were all about.

Old Post 01-27-2006 03:52 AM
NMtrophytakers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NMtrophytakers Click here to Send NMtrophytakers a Private Message Find more posts by NMtrophytakers Add NMtrophytakers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roger Land
UKC Forum Member

I really like dogs that go back to pac man and i also liked the ganns finisher blood. The dogs i hunted from this blood used just enough mouth and were stay put tree dogs. The best dog i ever owned was out of stylish harry and the best dog i was ever in the woods with was direct out of finisher jr.

Old Post 01-30-2006 02:47 AM
Roger Land is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roger Land Click here to Send Roger Land a Private Message Find more posts by Roger Land Add Roger Land to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DxeGrlCoonHuntN
UKC Forum Member

I have finley river blood and my friend also does they are great dogs!!! In the woods and on the bench!!!!

Casey

Old Post 02-02-2006 04:08 PM
DxeGrlCoonHuntN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DxeGrlCoonHuntN Click here to Send DxeGrlCoonHuntN a Private Message Click Here to Email DxeGrlCoonHuntN Find more posts by DxeGrlCoonHuntN Add DxeGrlCoonHuntN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DxeGrlCoonHuntN
UKC Forum Member

I have finley river blood and my friend also does they are great dogs!!! In the woods and on the bench!!!!

Casey:UKC:

Old Post 02-02-2006 04:09 PM
DxeGrlCoonHuntN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DxeGrlCoonHuntN Click here to Send DxeGrlCoonHuntN a Private Message Click Here to Email DxeGrlCoonHuntN Find more posts by DxeGrlCoonHuntN Add DxeGrlCoonHuntN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G L Weller
UKC Forum Member

What is your favorite strain of Walkers??

I don’t understand why Nailor, Sackett and Yadkin River are listed as choices in this poll. The truth is Nailor and Sackett came from the Yadkin River strain. In fact Old Sackett was a double shot of Yadkin River Blood. Yadkin River Jeff was his grandsire on both sides. Old Jeff was also the grandsire of Nailor on the top.

Old Post 03-01-2006 01:04 AM
G L Weller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G L Weller Click here to Send G L Weller a Private Message Click Here to Email G L Weller Find more posts by G L Weller Add G L Weller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
walkerdude15
UKC Forum Member

what about neosho river?? best dogs ive ever had have come out of neosho river blood

'PR' Gleason's Sweetie-- 5 coons under the belt

Old Post 03-01-2006 02:08 AM
walkerdude15 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for walkerdude15 Click here to Send walkerdude15 a Private Message Find more posts by walkerdude15 Add walkerdude15 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
C. Beyer
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by tnredman
in my opinion hardwood bozo and river bend flag crosses put out the best all around dogs i have owned and hunted with bar noe and i have hunted and owned alot of different bloodlines

Best female I ever owned was out of FLAG.

616-262-2785
Twin Oaks Kennels
SPIKE BEYER, HIS LEGACY LIVES ON!
PR' Twin Oak's CrossCut BoZo R.I.P.
Twin Oak's NextGen. Jewel
**TEAM TIMBER**
COONDOG UP*ENGLISH STYLE*
CoonDog Mafia

Old Post 03-01-2006 02:16 AM
C. Beyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for C. Beyer Click here to Send C. Beyer a Private Message Click Here to Email C. Beyer Visit C. Beyer's homepage! Find more posts by C. Beyer Add C. Beyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE H BROOKS
UKC Forum Member

Walkers

You guys need to breed some good old flag tail, walker fox hound blood, back in to those dogs, or may be an old cold trailing, bluetick, to put the ticks, back in to those pretty dogs. Some of that old stuff like Deep River Mike, Boone Creek Mike, Indiana Boone Boy, Katie's Rowdy, who was out of Tarleton's Bawling Boosier, who went back to Mountain Music Blue and Blaze. Then may be you wouldn't see, so many bare tree's and find them treed four miles away.

Old Post 03-01-2006 03:43 AM
JOE H BROOKS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOE H BROOKS Click here to Send JOE H BROOKS a Private Message Find more posts by JOE H BROOKS Add JOE H BROOKS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wkfii
UKC Forum Member

Re: Walkers

quote:
Originally posted by JOE H BROOKS
You guys need to breed some good old flag tail, walker fox hound blood, back in to those dogs, or may be an old cold trailing, bluetick, to put the ticks, back in to those pretty dogs. Some of that old stuff like Deep River Mike, Boone Creek Mike, Indiana Boone Boy, Katie's Rowdy, who was out of Tarleton's Bawling Boosier, who went back to Mountain Music Blue and Blaze. Then may be you wouldn't see, so many bare tree's and find them treed four miles away.

Was not Indiana Boone Boy Vaughn bred? He was the only Walker looking hound out of a litter of blue ticks?

Old Post 03-01-2006 02:16 PM
wkfii is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wkfii Click here to Send wkfii a Private Message Click Here to Email wkfii Find more posts by wkfii Add wkfii to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE H BROOKS
UKC Forum Member

Walkers

I was talking about Katie's Rowdy going back to the Mountain Music Blue and Blaze. Boone Boy was the only black&white spotted pup in his litter, that's per Mr. Nance's Book. Most of your walker dogs today are red headed, some of the old dogs, were black headed, showing their bluetick roots. Boone Creek Mike was out of Banjo II.

Old Post 03-02-2006 01:57 AM
JOE H BROOKS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOE H BROOKS Click here to Send JOE H BROOKS a Private Message Find more posts by JOE H BROOKS Add JOE H BROOKS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wkfii
UKC Forum Member

The old Finley River Pete was black and white and if I'm not mistaken is where the Clover line got it's look. Someone told me, I think that I confirmed that from another source, that one of the early Finley River hounds was a Bluetick named Forrester's Sue.

Old Post 03-02-2006 02:12 AM
wkfii is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wkfii Click here to Send wkfii a Private Message Click Here to Email wkfii Find more posts by wkfii Add wkfii to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE H BROOKS
UKC Forum Member

Walkers

Most of the Finley River Walkers, had red heads, and Finley River Pete. Was out of Finley River Chief and Finley River Bell. That's according, to this old 7 generation, pedigree, i have in my hand. Old White River King, probably threw, some black headed, walkers, cause, his mother was a black&tan female. The daddy of Finley River Chief, Shetlers Sonny Boy, threw some rough coated, cold trailing, track, dogs, i think his grand mother was a bluetick.

Old Post 03-02-2006 06:39 AM
wkfii
UKC Forum Member

I thought Pete was were the black and white came from? I will check it out and get back to you.

I not surprised about Shetler's Sonny Boy. Was his grandmother a Vaughn bred bluetick? Vaughn liked to breed in Goodman Running Walker for track speed. The Goodman's are rough coated.

I have heavy Finley River breeding in my core pack. All are ticked up to some degree. There has to be more than one bluetick in the woodpile. LOL What I mainly look for though is Hershberger breeding. I have it concentrated pretty well in Whitey and Belle. Belle is very rough coated.

Old Post 03-02-2006 09:27 PM
rkenney
UKC Forum Member

walkers...

when we had walkers, Finley River bred were what we preferred... We had a walker female: "Ragin Eighty's Nite Lady", who had Hickory Nut Harry on the top and bottom.. She was the best walker we ever had, but she was killed when my husband took her to the 9th Winter Classic..

Old Post 04-18-2006 02:26 AM
rkenney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rkenney Click here to Send rkenney a Private Message Find more posts by rkenney Add rkenney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Jones
UKC Forum Member

Flag, Finley River...best one's around.
Remember Table Rock Flying Hawk?
For the gentleman who said there was a reason this blood is scarce ...the reason is the walkers of today are being mass produced to be babbling slick treeing idiots.
Let's get some meat hound blood back in the strain.

Old Post 04-19-2006 06:10 AM
Mike Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Jones Click here to Send Mike Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Jones Visit Mike Jones's homepage! Find more posts by Mike Jones Add Mike Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
K.Bennett
UKC Forum Member

FINLEY RIVER DOGS

IT LOOKS TO ME THAT ABOUT 80% OF THE POST WERE OR SAID SOMETHING ABOUT FINLEY RIVER DOGS. SO WHO THINKS THAT FINLEY RIVER SHOULD BE CONSIDERD THE BEST WALKER STRAIN TO DATE. THATS WHAT I HAVE IN MY KENNEL AND GETTING MORE.THEY WILL MAKE A COMEBACK SOON!!!!!!

CH.'PR'BENNETT'S FINLEY RIVER CASH

Old Post 05-19-2006 08:22 PM
K.Bennett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for K.Bennett Click here to Send K.Bennett a Private Message Click Here to Email K.Bennett Visit K.Bennett's homepage! Find more posts by K.Bennett Add K.Bennett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
madtomatoz
UKC Forum Member

wild bill has the coldest nose walker dog i have ever seen in any
walker [ OLD JOE] is 12yrs old and can move for his age I Like blue dogs but would love to have a pup out of joe

Old Post 05-28-2006 09:08 PM
madtomatoz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for madtomatoz Click here to Send madtomatoz a Private Message Click Here to Email madtomatoz Find more posts by madtomatoz Add madtomatoz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce Brenning
UKC Forum Member

finley river gets my vote.

Old Post 05-29-2006 02:27 AM
Bruce Brenning is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce Brenning Click here to Send Bruce Brenning a Private Message Find more posts by Bruce Brenning Add Bruce Brenning to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wildbill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by madtomatoz
wild bill has the coldest nose walker dog i have ever seen in any
walker [ OLD JOE] is 12yrs old and can move for his age I Like blue dogs but would love to have a pup out of joe

thanks mike,
old joe is still loud for 12 yrs old and no trouble hearing him .he is 3/4 old house clint blood and 1/4 finley river blood(chief/joe/banjo).here is a link to the pedigree on my webpage for his bloodlines.for his picture and his sire look on the top of my main webpage..
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/files/joes_ped..jpg

wildbills101@yahoo
http://wildbills101.homestead.com/wildbills101.html

Old Post 05-29-2006 05:06 AM
wildbill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wildbill Click here to Send wildbill a Private Message Click Here to Email wildbill Visit wildbill's homepage! Find more posts by wildbill Add wildbill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harold
UKC Forum Member

I ALWAYS LIKE THE YADKIN RIVER DOGS THEY WERE GOOD TRACK AND TREEDOGS NEVER HUNTED WITH ONE THE WASN'T THATS WHAT WE HAVE HERE NOW AND SOME FINLEY RIVER BLOOD
THATS WHAT I LOOK FOR IN A DOG THE OLDER THE BLOOD THE BETTER NOT KNOCKING ANYONES DOG OR BREEDING ID JUST RATHER HAVE THEM FROM THE OLD STOCK THAN ALOT OF THE NEW STOCK WE HAVE TODAY LOL SEEMS THEY HAVE LOST OUT ON SOME OF THE OLD DOG TRAITS OVER THE YEARS BREEDING
IM GOING THE OTHER WAY WITH OUR BREEDINGS TRYING TO GET SOME OF THE OLDEST BLOOD I CAN BACK INTO MY HOUNDS

HALL'S MTN BANJO'S BABE
HALL'S MTN MAGIC MIKE
HALL'S MTN INSAINE WILLOW
OWNERS HAROLD & KAREN HALL
HANDLERS HAROLD HALL
BETH CARNELL
DEAN MACE
MEL RAMEY
SHURMOND COCKRELL
PROUD MEMBER OF :
TEAM HALL'S
VIRGINIA HUNTING DOG ALLIANCE

''GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTON''
HALLS MTN NITROS SLIDE

Old Post 05-30-2006 08:30 AM
harold is offline Click Here to See the Profile for harold Click here to Send harold a Private Message Click Here to Email harold Visit harold's homepage! Find more posts by harold Add harold to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bigcreekkennels
UKC Forum Member

good post art

i have always liked the nailor sackett cross with some lipper thrown in i also like the flag blood

Some people just CANT handle the TRUTH

Dual Ch 'PR' Cole & Stevens Carolina FUDGE
NiteCH 'PR' Carolina Curt The Crow

Last edited by bigcreekkennels on 05-30-2006 at 05:35 PM

Old Post 05-30-2006 05:31 PM
bigcreekkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bigcreekkennels Click here to Send bigcreekkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email bigcreekkennels Find more posts by bigcreekkennels Add bigcreekkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakenda
UKC Forum Member

I have to have james merchants name in the ped. as often as I can.

Old Post 06-01-2006 09:18 PM
wakenda is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakenda Click here to Send wakenda a Private Message Find more posts by wakenda Add wakenda to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lee Currens Jr.
Banned

i use to read a lot about ky river jack and jill
that mr howard started did finley river joe go back
to these dogs

Old Post 06-08-2006 02:23 AM
Lee Currens Jr. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lee Currens Jr. Click here to Send Lee Currens Jr. a Private Message Find more posts by Lee Currens Jr. Add Lee Currens Jr. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote