UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Smokey River Blue Tramp 11
Pages (20): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Stringer's Blue Bullet

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-13-2015 02:50 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

The Misty River Line

I purchased Bullet from Mr. Charles Stringer from down on the Ms. Gulf Coast when he was about 2 years old. Mr. Stringer had just finished him to Nite Ch.. Bullet was a nice hound, he had a good nose and a good mouthand he could really work a bad track. I hunted Bullet here until he died at about the age of 11 years old. Bullet made Gr. Nite Ch. pretty quick. He was the gr. Nite Ch. winner on Sat. Night at the BBCHA Fall Round-up in Greenville, Ms. in 1986. He was Gr. Nite Ch. Winner both Friday and Saturday Night and high scoring dog at the 1989 BBCHA Fall Round-up in Hope Ark.. I think bullet was about 9 years old at the time. Bullet was also a good reproducer. I don't remember all the pups that Bullet sired, but I do remember the ones that were raised here. I'll tell their story next. Bullet's Pedigree.

----------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Dean's Northern Blue Hammer V
-----Nite Ch. "PR" Raybourn's Blue Smoke
----------Nite Ch."PR" Stokes Blue Ruby
Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Stringer's Blue Bullet
----------Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Dean's Northern Blue Hammer 11
-----Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Misty River Blue Molly
----------Ch. Nite Ch."PR" Pearl River Blue Ruby

Stoke's Blue Ruby and Molly were Littermate sisters.

Later, the rest of the story

Thanks Jamie, Tommy, Chris and Gary, glad you are injoying the story

Last edited by Misty river on 12-13-2015 at 03:45 AM

Old Post 12-13-2015 03:39 AM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Stringers Bullet and Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Bozemans Blue Jim

Old Post 12-14-2015 01:57 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

The Misty River Line

The above picture is a picture of father and son. Jim's Mother was Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Misty. I raised Jim here until he was about 18 months old and he was doing good and one of my hunting buddies Mr. Ricky Bozeman of Monticello, Ms. wanted him and I let him have Jim. Jim made a good hound and he and Ricky won a lot of hunts. Jim was the 1991 ACHA World Champion Bluetick Male. 1992 High Scoring Dog at the Zone 111 Semifinals. 1993 ACHA Little World Hunt 9th place. I bought Jim and brought him back home at the age of 5 years old and he died at the age of 6 years old with Blood cancer. Jim and Bullet were of the line ,but was not in the line. Next I'll tell about Lucky and Lady. A pair of litter mates sired by Bullet.

Next , the rest of the story.

Old Post 12-14-2015 02:27 AM
HILLBILLYS BLU
UKC Forum Member

They're colored like I like!

Old Post 12-14-2015 02:28 AM
HILLBILLYS BLU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HILLBILLYS BLU Click here to Send HILLBILLYS BLU a Private Message Click Here to Email HILLBILLYS BLU Find more posts by HILLBILLYS BLU Add HILLBILLYS BLU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Gr.Nite Ch."PR"Bozemans Blue Jim and Nite Ch."PR"Misty River Blue Misty

Old Post 12-14-2015 02:35 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

The Misty River Line

The two dogs in the picture above are Mother and Son. They were both real nice dogs. Jim was off the line, but his mother Misty was in the line. I'll come back to the original line later and tell her story.

Later, The rest of the story.

Bill I guess all of us have a favorite color and a favorite type of mouth. I like a dark colored dog with a bawl mouth all the way. Trail and Tree. I have had some rough looking dogs in my time with sorry mouths, but as long as I could hear them and tree them, it never bothered me. I have better looking dogs today with good bawl mouths, but they were not bred for that. I wouldn't trade an ounce of ability for a whole bucket full of color and mouth.

Old Post 12-14-2015 02:58 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Gr. Nite Ch."PR"Misty River Blue Lucky

Old Post 12-16-2015 05:57 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Gr. Nite Ch."PR" Misty River Blue Lady

Old Post 12-16-2015 06:10 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

The Misty River Line

The two dogs in the two pictures above were litter mates. They were sired by Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Stringer's Blue Bullet. Their dam was "PR" Tucker's Foxy Lady 11. They were good hounds and I won a lot of hunts with them. It's been a long time and I don't remember all the hunts we won, but I do remember that Lady won 3rd place on Thursday night and 1st place on Sat. night at the 1992 BBCHA Fall Round-up in Hope, Ark.

Later, the rest of the story

Old Post 12-16-2015 06:27 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Nite Ch."PR" Misty River Blue Bell

Old Post 12-19-2015 07:51 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

The Misty River Line

I've come back to the main line again. Bullet and the dogs off him were fine hounds. They had about the same blood running thru their veins as the dogs had that are in the main line, Their names just did not come up in the main line, but they each contributed to the hounds that I have had thru the years. The female pictured above is Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River Blue Bell. Bell was off the 3rd cross that I made off Gr. Nite Ch."PR" misty River Blue Molly. Bell's sire was 'PR" Bramlette's Bayou Blue Jim. Jim belonged to my friend Mr. David Bramlette of Woodville, Ms. Jim was from the cross of Gr. Nite Ch."PR" Smokey River Diamond Jim & Smokey River Kit. Bell had a cold nose and could move a track. Bell came along during the time that I had gotten a divorce and my brother Tom kept her and hunted her for me. The year was 1981 and we decided to take Bell to the BBCHA Fall Round-up in Pine Bluff, Ark. This would be her first Competition hunt. Bell won 1st place Friday night, and when we drew out Sat. Night we realized She had drew out against her litter mate brother and I had hunted with him before and I knew that he was a real nice dog, but when the scores were tallied after the Sat. night hunt Bell had again won 1st place. She was high scoring dog and Queen of the hunt. Bell went on to finish out to Nite Ch. in the next hunt that we put her in. I think she won her cast and third place in the hunt. I wasn't making very many hunts at that time so she didn't get to go as far as she was capable of going.

Later the rest of the story

Old Post 12-19-2015 08:38 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

"PR" Bramlette's Bayou Blue Jim

Old Post 12-20-2015 10:04 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

"PR"Bramlette's Bayou Blue Jim

Old Post 12-20-2015 10:11 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

The Misty River Line

The two pictures above is of "PR' Bramlette's Bayou blue Jim owned by Mr. David Bramlette of Woodville, Ms.. His sire was Gr.Nite Ch."PR" Smokey River Diamond Jim, his dam was "PR" Smokey River Blue Kit. I hunted with Jim a few times and he was probably as good of hound as a fellow would want to go to the woods with. Bayou Blue Jim was the sire of Bell

Old Post 12-20-2015 11:47 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Gr. Nite Ch."PR" Misty River Blue Molly

Old Post 12-20-2015 11:57 PM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

The Misty River Line

The dog in the picture above is Gr. Nite Ch. "PR" Misty River with my Mom and Dad. All Three of them left me with good memories. Molly was the dam of Bell. I will tell about Misty The Daughter of Bell Next

Later The rest of the story

Old Post 12-21-2015 12:08 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Nite ch."PR"Misty River Blue Misty

Old Post 12-23-2015 01:28 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

The Misty River line

The female in the picture above is Nite Ch."PR" Misty River Blue Misty. Her Dam was Bell. Her Sire was Nite Ch."PR" Andrews Blue Max Owned by Mr. Pete Andrews Of Connecticut.. Maxx's sire was Ch. Gr. Nite Ch. McCoy's Mich. Blue Rebel, a son of Hammer 11. Maxx's Dam was Ch."PR" Hammer V Holy Blue Terra, a daughter of Hammer V. Misty was one of the coldest nosed dogs that I have ever hunted with. She could run a cold track that most dogs couldn't smell. Her mother bell was the only one that I had seen that could trail as cold of track as Misty, but
bell could not run as cold of track as Misty could. I had a lot of fun hunting these two here in these Pearl River bottoms. I remember one night I was hunting Molly, Bell's Mother on Pearl River, about two miles from where I live now. It was a cold winter night. Molly trailed a coon across Pearl River and treed on the other side. I don't remember how cold it was, but I do remember it was the coldest night that I had ever spent on the River. That wind blowing in off that river was tough. I called and I shot the rifle, but nothing worked.
She never missed a bark. The next morning a little after daylight she stopped barking and in a little bit I seen her walk out to the river bank. I hollard and told her, Molly you better come on here. and she went into the river and swam back across. I sure was glad to get her back on my side of the river. The Truck was about 2 miles back on the road. That was a cold walk. I went across a plowed field and the ground was frozen solid. I better get back to my Misty story. I won several hunts with Misty, but the only one that I remember was her being the high scoring dog for both nights and Queen of the hunt at the 1987 BBCHA Fall Round-UP in Booneville, Ark. And it was there that I seen my 1st and only Road Runner and he looked the same as he does on TV with the Coyote after him. Misty was a good one and I enjoyed hunting her. She was also the Dam of the Bozeman's Jim dog that I had here. Misty was in the Misty River Line. Next I will tell about the Doll female that was Off Misty and Tucker's Sledge Hammer.

Last edited by Misty river on 12-30-2015 at 05:45 PM

Old Post 12-23-2015 03:05 AM
HILLBILLYS BLU
UKC Forum Member

Such fantastic pictures and stories Mr.Jack!

Old Post 12-23-2015 12:33 PM
HILLBILLYS BLU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HILLBILLYS BLU Click here to Send HILLBILLYS BLU a Private Message Click Here to Email HILLBILLYS BLU Find more posts by HILLBILLYS BLU Add HILLBILLYS BLU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Thank you Bill, glad that you are enjoying the story.

Old Post 12-24-2015 02:25 AM
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

Im rather enjoyin it myself. I like some history.

Call or txt 443- 262-5663
www.facebook.com/appalachianblues
AppalachianBluesKennel@gmail.com

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
CH PR Walkin After Midnight
GRFCH GRCH NITECH PR Appalachian Blue Catfish HTX ( ACHA SC CHT TC )
- 2015 Qualified for World Show
- 2016 Performance Sire
- Final four Pink Hunt, 2nd place reg
- 2017 Performance Sire
NCH CH Pr Appalachian Blue Luna
GRFCH WCH Pr Appalachian Blue Raven

Mountain feist WTDA BNCH Meadow Mountain Joker

Chocolate Lab...Banjo. Waterfowl buddy.

Old Post 12-24-2015 02:27 AM
AppalachianBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AppalachianBlue Click here to Send AppalachianBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email AppalachianBlue Find more posts by AppalachianBlue Add AppalachianBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepyblues
UKC Forum Member

merry Christmas

To jack and team misty river.
Jack you could've have put this in a book and sold it. Enjoy the history.

Old Post 12-24-2015 03:09 PM
sleepyblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepyblues Click here to Send sleepyblues a Private Message Click Here to Email sleepyblues Find more posts by sleepyblues Add sleepyblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Nite Ch "PR" Andrew's Blue Maxx

Old Post 12-26-2015 12:01 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Nite Ch."PR"Misty River Blue Bell & Nite Ch."PR" Misty River Blue Misty

Old Post 12-26-2015 12:08 AM