UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bluetick Stud Dogs and Kennel Promotions
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pigman816
UKC Forum Member

What is the Worlds Fair dogs pedigree?...Jim

'PR' Mar Mack Blue Queen
R.I.P.---
CH 'PR' Beavercreek Stonecold Blu Bozo

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-09-2013 08:42 PM
pigman816 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigman816 Click here to Send pigman816 a Private Message Click Here to Email pigman816 Find more posts by pigman816 Add pigman816 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

No takers on the man in the middle between Paul and Torrence? Even with a clue about Nashville being called "The ----- City." How about I throw another smiley face at you. Should not be a bit of trouble for many of you. Three real good Bluetick folks from the good ole South West. Think I took this at the American Heritage Hunt-one of the first ones they held,near a little town that got a whole lot of attention a few years later-Waco!

Old Post 04-09-2013 10:01 PM
cwbluebio is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwbluebio Click here to Send cwbluebio a Private Message Click Here to Email cwbluebio Find more posts by cwbluebio Add cwbluebio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

that one is too easy

I'm gonna keep on and folks will think I am old!

enjoying the old pics...keep 'em coming

Old Post 04-09-2013 11:02 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Detectives, Historians and Bluetickers!

Hey-Had to drive to Cordele and Tifton today, so I crossed over Hat Creek two different times -thought about you. I was first takin coon hunting at the ripe old age of 5 in Turner County, Georgia. My great Uncle Charlie would carry me on his shoulders early in the morning. His Bluetick was named Lee and his Black n Tans were Truman and Bess-now that is starting to sound old. Hunted around the Fork Lake and I remember them knocking the coon out and it tearing up a front paw on Lee. It was good to me then and it is still good to me now! I appreciate the contributions and post about all the stuff we have posted. Don't hold back, know one is trying to trick anybody. If you should happen to guess wrong. Then we will more than likely post a picture of the dog or man you thought it was. This is beginning to resemble a "Bluetick Trivia" game.

Old Post 04-10-2013 12:15 AM
cwbluebio is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwbluebio Click here to Send cwbluebio a Private Message Click Here to Email cwbluebio Find more posts by cwbluebio Add cwbluebio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Lee Barron on the left.

Old Post 04-10-2013 12:17 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Anybody know this little guy?

Old Post 04-10-2013 12:21 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 04-10-2013 12:28 AM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS
UKC Forum Member

Re: Anybody know this little guy?

quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet17

'

TOAD?

COOL THREAD!

HappyHunting!!! Heather

Old Post 04-10-2013 01:03 AM
BIGCASTLEDAWGS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BIGCASTLEDAWGS Click here to Send BIGCASTLEDAWGS a Private Message Find more posts by BIGCASTLEDAWGS Add BIGCASTLEDAWGS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
no mo blue
UKC Forum Member

The fellow between Paul and Torrence I believe his last name was Payne and he owned Music City Chief. But I could be misstaken. The Fellow in the other picture standing beside Lee is Kenny Jones. Jim

# 660-663-3121 if no answer leave message

Last edited by no mo blue on 04-10-2013 at 01:50 AM

Old Post 04-10-2013 01:43 AM
no mo blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for no mo blue Click here to Send no mo blue a Private Message Find more posts by no mo blue Add no mo blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tom Jones
UKC Forum Member

Worlds fair

off underwoods rebel? Fair was rods favorite hound and said his nose was unbeliavable, said he could rig a coon at 45mph

Old Post 04-10-2013 03:07 AM
Tom Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom Jones Click here to Send Tom Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Tom Jones Find more posts by Tom Jones Add Tom Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Memories

First dog my daughter hunted at hunts in mid-80's was a son of MUSIC CITY CHIEF called Trapper. Now her son Brice is going to hunts with me. Man that makes me feel old!! Take care, Ron.

Old Post 04-10-2013 04:36 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Recycle

Bill is doing good today and as evidenced by this photo was doing good back then. We had a little interupted discussion about this before. Any and all, including Bill, who desire to share their thoughts please let us hear from you. So I'm diggin
in the recycle bend.........

Old Post 04-10-2013 07:51 PM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Going back to the second page on here-the man standing between Paul Woods and Torrence is Claude Burroughs who was responsible for putting on the Zone 5 hunt that year in Cookeville and did own Music City Chief either before Carl Payne or after. Thats my story and I'm stickin to it. Well until someone that knows tells me different. I know Warren bought the dog later on.

Old Post 04-10-2013 09:34 PM
Hazel Hill Blueticks
UKC Forum Member

Re: out of order

quote:
Originally posted by no mo blue
I believe it goes 8-11-9-10. Hammer 8 is on the far left and Hammer 10 is on the far right for sure. I'm pretty sure theres no Hammer 7 in the picture. The Hammer 10 hounds mother was'nt a heavy Hammer bred female ( Mad Dog Gambler ) so with this blood introduced may be where some folks thinks 10 looked a little different than previous Hammers. Jim

I would say Gambler was of the heavy Hammer blood. He goes back To Hazel Hill Jim. Jim was out of Hazel Hill Hammer. Hazel Hill Hammer was out of the Original Northern Blue Hammer. So yes Dave was thinking Hammer blood when making the cross.

Home of

Natural,Bawlmouth,Coldnose, Hardtreeing,Blueticks.
Hazel Hill Blueticks A Family Name since 1949.

PROUD MEMBERS OF TEAM COON DOG!

Brad & Alison (Wilcox) McGill
(660) 833-3180
hazelhillblueticks@hotmail.com

Old Post 04-10-2013 10:13 PM
Hazel Hill Blueticks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hazel Hill Blueticks Click here to Send Hazel Hill Blueticks a Private Message Click Here to Email Hazel Hill Blueticks Find more posts by Hazel Hill Blueticks Add Hazel Hill Blueticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mad-Dog
UKC Forum Member

Gambler

I would say Gambler was of the heavy Hammer blood. He goes back To Hazel Hill Jim. Jim was out of Hazel Hill Hammer. Hazel Hill Hammer was out of the Original Northern Blue Hammer. So yes Dave was thinking Hammer blood when making the cross.

Ole Gambler's sire was Mad Dog Hoover ( later renamed Martins Singing Sailor) Hoover's sire was NT CH Edisto River Sail. Gamblers mother was NT CH Mad Dog Glo, Glo was from NT CH Mad Dog Blue X Mad Dog Slew. Slew was from Smokey River Captain x Smokey River Lassie, Blue was from Hodges Blue Rowdy (littermate to S.R. Rambler) x Hodges Blue Glo..........Tim

Old Post 04-10-2013 10:53 PM
Mad-Dog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad-Dog Click here to Send Mad-Dog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mad-Dog Find more posts by Mad-Dog Add Mad-Dog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hazel Hill Blueticks
UKC Forum Member

Sorry my memory was not correct and I was looking at the wrong side of the pedigree. Here ya go;

NORTHERN BLUE HAMMER IX & X

___NORTHERN BLUE HAMMER IX

_______________________________NORTHERN BLUE HAMMER

________________________NORTHERN BLUE HAMMER II

_______________________________NORTHERN BLUE ECHO

__________________McCOY'S MICH. BLUE REBEL

_______________________________NORTHERN BLUE HAMMER

_______________________NORTHERN BLUE SADIE

_______________________________NORTHERN BLUE DOLLY

__________NORTHERN BLUE SADIE GIRL

_______________________________BENSONS LITTLE BLUE

______________________SEXTON'S BLUE LEATHER

_______________________________NORTHERN BLUE JOSIE

________________NON'S BLUE CANDY

_______________________________WARSON'S N. BLUE TRAPPER

_____________________NORTHERN BLUE ANGIE

_______________________________SEXTON'S BLUE PENNY

NORTHERN BLUE HAMMER X

_______________________________HILL'S ARKANSAS BLUE

_____________________EDISTO RIVER BLUE SAIL

_______________________________HILL'S BLUE DOT

_______________MARTIN'S SINGING SAILER

_______________________________SMOKEY RIVER BLUE RAMBLER

_____________________HENSLY'S BELL

______________________________HAMMER'S BLUE QUEEN

__________MAD DOG BLUE GAMBLER

______________________________HODGES BLUE ROWDY

_____________________VAUGHN'S MAD DOG BLUE

______________________________BILYEUS SUSIE CUE

_____________MAD DOG GLO

______________________________SMOKEY RIVER BLUE CAPTAIN

____________________VAUGHN'S MAD DOG SLUE

______________________________BILYEUS LASSIE

____NORTHERN BLUE PATCH

______________________________HAZEL HILL HAMMER

____________________HAZEL HILL JIM

______________________________BROWNING LAKE JUNE

______________HUGHES MAD DOG SMOKIE 1978NATIONALCH

______________________________SHAGGY RIVER BLUE JIM

____________________VAUGHN'S MAD DOG LUCKY

_____________________________OZARK MOUNTAIN LUCKY

_______MORMAN FORK BLUE VELVET

_____________________________NORTHERN BLUE HAMMER

____________________TIFFEN RIVER BLUE TACK

____________________________BAILEY'S MOVE ALONG LADY

_____________MINNESOTA MAD DOG PENNY

____________________________NORTHERN BLUE HAMMER II

____________________FALLEN TIMBER PENNY

____________________________SYCAMORE BLUE BELLE

Home of

(660) 833-3180

Last edited by Hazel Hill Blueticks on 04-10-2013 at 11:16 PM

Old Post 04-10-2013 11:02 PM
Hazel Hill Blueticks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hazel Hill Blueticks Click here to Send Hazel Hill Blueticks a Private Message Click Here to Email Hazel Hill Blueticks Find more posts by Hazel Hill Blueticks Add Hazel Hill Blueticks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hazel Hill Blueticks
UKC Forum Member

During our visit with Dave at the cabin he shared a lot of history with us about hunts he has been on with Carl and wrote a story in honor of Carl Wilcox. I also read the books and read about the cross in the book. I was just looking at the wrong side of the pedigree and my memory was wrong. In honor Of Tim and Mr Paul Vaugh I am sorry.

Home of

(660) 833-3180

Last edited by Hazel Hill Blueticks on 04-11-2013 at 12:48 AM

Old Post 04-10-2013 11:13 PM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Just in case any of you missed this one on the first go around. I took this in Van Wert, Ohio and frankly was glad that I did.

Old Post 04-10-2013 11:18 PM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Easy one, but a good one!

All you have to do with this one is read the hat. This dog shows up prominently in some of the better dogs of today. How many of you have ever even seen a picture of the man and his dog!

Old Post 04-10-2013 11:32 PM
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

Hall of Fame

That would be Larry Platner when he was young & skinny from hunting regular with Mash who will be in Hall of Fame come May. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 04-11-2013 01:23 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Fair would rig from the hood of Rod's suburban. Seen him wind a litter at 60 mph from inside the box. Seen him run a coon with natural blue rose and natural blue Echo in the beans and Milo for 4 hrs. They treed it at 7 am. Fair was close to loosing an eye over the deal. They all had lots of hair missing. It was an early August hunt in NE of Newtonia Mo a mile or two. Rod mentions the hunt to me about every time we get to set down for a visit. Both gyps were top of the class type hounds. Gosh dang it , that was 31 years ago and seems like last week when I think about the hunt. I can remember a handful of running coon like that one. But forget those thousands of easy coon treed.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 04-11-2013 at 06:46 AM

Old Post 04-11-2013 06:33 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shaw72
UKC Forum Member

Jet

Any of you guys got pics of Jet 4&5?

Home of: My Blues!!
Males
Ch `PR` Turkey Creek Wallaces Luke.
' PR' Midnight Blue Haze.
Females
' PR' Big River Midnight Alibi
' PR' Bennett's Hilltop Blue Sammie

Old Post 04-11-2013 07:13 AM
Shaw72 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shaw72 Click here to Send Shaw72 a Private Message Click Here to Email Shaw72 Find more posts by Shaw72 Add Shaw72 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jodaviess1
UKC Forum Member

TIM,
IN 1986 I DREW JERRY AND SMOKIE II, LARRY PLATNER AND MASH, JOHN ADAMETZ AND BRUISER BOTH NIGHTS AT THE ZONE III HUNT IN WISCONSIN, I WAS HUNTIN LUKE. GREAT GUYS, HOUNDS AND TIMES HAD BY ALL. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT JERRY HAD PASSED AWAY. R.I.P. JERRY SIMMONS. RICK TOMTER R.I.P. ALWAYS SPOKE HIGHLY OF OLE ROOSTER AND I LOVED THE LOOKS OF THAT HOUND. <v>

Old Post 04-11-2013 10:35 AM
jodaviess1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jodaviess1 Click here to Send jodaviess1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jodaviess1 Find more posts by jodaviess1 Add jodaviess1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jodaviess1
UKC Forum Member

JET4

Old Post 04-11-2013 10:40 AM
jodaviess1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jodaviess1 Click here to Send jodaviess1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jodaviess1 Find more posts by jodaviess1 Add jodaviess1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jodaviess1
UKC Forum Member

LATE 80'S

ASHLAND OHIO SPRING HUNT. TOAD WON GRNT'S AND FACE PLACED IN OPEN. FACE WAS OUT OF TOAD AND DUAL CH RUSHCREEK SADIE. <v>

Old Post 04-11-2013 10:46 AM