UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bluetick Stud Dogs and Kennel Promotions
Pages (17): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Eight

I ran an ad on Eight for Dean in the Blue Book one year and have several pictures of him and the last dog looks like eight to me. I will look when I go home tonight. I believe if I remember right the eight dog has the wrap on his shoulder. I took the last picture of eight at the cabin with Dave holding him before he died. I will check. Dave Woofter

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-08-2013 04:45 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Dave. This was taken in 88 or 89 if that helps. Fuzzy memories-unless I wrote on the back of a photo it is hard to remember. They were lined up by number I do recall that.

Old Post 04-08-2013 04:53 PM
cwbluebio is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwbluebio Click here to Send cwbluebio a Private Message Click Here to Email cwbluebio Find more posts by cwbluebio Add cwbluebio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jodaviess1
UKC Forum Member

FAR LEFT

I BELIEVE THE DOG ON THE FAR LEFT IS 8. DAVE HAS X. NOT SURE ON THE OTHER 2. <v>

Old Post 04-08-2013 05:34 PM
jodaviess1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jodaviess1 Click here to Send jodaviess1 a Private Message Click Here to Email jodaviess1 Find more posts by jodaviess1 Add jodaviess1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Hammer Eight And Dave Dean

HAMMER EIGHT AND DAVE DEAN
I took this picture from the Article I wrote for Fred Miller for the first 100 years UKC 1898-1997. I wrote the article for Fred About Dave Dean and his Hammers. I have a lot of pictures of the Hammer dogs and the cabin. I was going to post some of them one time but a couple of my beloved Bluetick brothers thought I was doing it for personal gain and PM me about it so I quit and took the ones off I had posted. I will leave this on a couple days. Dave Dean will always be the number one bluetick breeder in my eyes. Dave Woofter

Old Post 04-08-2013 05:54 PM
david woofter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for david woofter Click here to Send david woofter a Private Message Click Here to Email david woofter Find more posts by david woofter Add david woofter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
no mo blue
UKC Forum Member

out of order

I believe it goes 8-11-9-10. Hammer 8 is on the far left and Hammer 10 is on the far right for sure. I'm pretty sure theres no Hammer 7 in the picture. The Hammer 10 hounds mother was'nt a heavy Hammer bred female ( Mad Dog Gambler ) so with this blood introduced may be where some folks thinks 10 looked a little different than previous Hammers. Jim

# 660-663-3121 if no answer leave message

Old Post 04-08-2013 06:20 PM
no mo blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for no mo blue Click here to Send no mo blue a Private Message Find more posts by no mo blue Add no mo blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Seven

I don't believe Hammer Seven is in the picture either as he was a little lighter colored. Hammer V and Hammer VI are not there either. The only dog in Question to me is the second dog from the left. From the left you have VIII,No Name Yet,IX,and X. I will look tonight and see if the second dog is XI. Could be. Dave

Last edited by david woofter on 04-08-2013 at 07:36 PM

Old Post 04-08-2013 06:54 PM
pigman816
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

Thanks for starting this thread. For a young man like me, I love knowing about the hounds I didn't get to see. I have a picture of Dual Grand Saltfork SO Blue Scooter. I will attempt to locate it and post. It's from an old Bloodlines, so I will have to get wife to scan it for me. Keep this going!!!>>Jim Harper

'PR' Mar Mack Blue Queen
R.I.P.---
CH 'PR' Beavercreek Stonecold Blu Bozo

Old Post 04-08-2013 07:14 PM
pigman816 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigman816 Click here to Send pigman816 a Private Message Click Here to Email pigman816 Find more posts by pigman816 Add pigman816 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Thanks again-I should have written it down as I mentioned earlier. Do you recognize the other people in the picture? This next photo is going back at least one more decade. This is from 1977 in Cookville, Tn. when there was only 5 Zones in BBOA. Oh and I do know their names.

Old Post 04-08-2013 07:19 PM
cwbluebio is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cwbluebio Click here to Send cwbluebio a Private Message Click Here to Email cwbluebio Find more posts by cwbluebio Add cwbluebio to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Hammer V And Dave Dean

HAMMER V AND DAVE DEAN
My Ohio Hammer dog was out of V and My Hussler II and Pansey bred female. Hussler II was out of Old Hussler. Hussler was out of Hammer II. Pansey was out of Trapper which was Hammer II. Ohio Hammer was my favorite bluetick to date and I have had a lot of them I liked. Hope you like the picture. Dave

Old Post 04-08-2013 07:30 PM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Great Picture!

Dave first chance I get I will go back and read the article you wrote about Dave Dean. Jim, you are welcome. Look forward to seeing your post. While I am thinking about it-if there is a dog or a person you would like to see on here-name it. If I do not have one then there is a good chance someone else will. Dave (Dean) use to call me "The Diplomat" but I think I have lost that title as I have gotten older. It is nice to hear from people from all over-many I have never met or talked with. I am grateful to UKC for providing all of us Bluetickers this oppurtunity. If you feel the same way -let them know it!

Old Post 04-08-2013 07:41 PM
cdparker
UKC Forum Member

where

Where did the orginal post go???

Home of
Gr NT CH Gr CH PR. uchtmans organ grinder
Gr NT CH Gr CH PR. uchtmans Chantilly lace

Old Post 04-08-2013 07:45 PM
cdparker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cdparker Click here to Send cdparker a Private Message Find more posts by cdparker Add cdparker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

HAMMER III

HAMMER III
CW this one is for you. This picture was when Doc and I used to go to Dave's House back in the Mid 70's. I only had a 5 dollar camera then. Dave

Old Post 04-08-2013 07:54 PM
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

It may have been a $5.00 camera but it took a 5 million dollar picture. When I visited with Mr. E K Malcom he had his books where he kept records of who purchased pups from him and Dave,s name was in there. Eddie Ross and I talked and he told me that his collection on magazines included a bound copy of every issue of Mountain Music every printed. What I would have given to get my hands on them. If you look through my post on 6 Again you can see a few pictures of some of my older magazines, which includes UKC's Bloodlines before there was a Coonhound Bloodlines. I am enjoying your post more than mine. A couple of people have indicated they are going to post some of their own photos from the past as well--so stay tuned!

Last edited by cwbluebio on 09-10-2014 at 03:36 AM

Old Post 04-08-2013 08:16 PM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 04-08-2013 11:49 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 04-08-2013 11:56 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Never seen the guy with the blue dog WITHOUT a beard. :)

Old Post 04-08-2013 11:58 PM
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 04-09-2013 12:00 AM
Mad-Dog
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by cwbluebio
Thanks again-I should have written it down as I mentioned earlier. Do you recognize the other people in the picture? This next photo is going back at least one more decade. This is from 1977 in Cookville, Tn. when there was only 5 Zones in BBOA. Oh and I do know their names.

Paul Woods on left and Torrence Wilkerson on right, can't put a name to the middle...........Tim

Last edited by Mad-Dog on 04-09-2013 at 12:22 AM

Old Post 04-09-2013 12:20 AM
Mad-Dog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mad-Dog Click here to Send Mad-Dog a Private Message Click Here to Email Mad-Dog Find more posts by Mad-Dog Add Mad-Dog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cwbluebio
UKC Forum Member

Good job!

I knew all of you could do a better job at this than I can. Great pics. Tim you got 2/3 rds. Think Nashville-which is called what city? These are not near as tough as "She's real fine my 409" Lets take a trip to the south west and look at two fine Bluetick men who served the Southern Bluetick Breeders and eventually the BBCHA when it changed its name. Marshall, Tx. 1980

Old Post 04-09-2013 12:43 AM
Scott VH
UKC Forum Member

What one is this?

Floyd's Shine On (GrNiteCh Pink Floyd x GrNiteCh Oklahoma Blue Creek)

Gone but not forgotten:
GrNiteCh Mose's Pink Floyd (GrNiteCh Dean's Blue Mose X GrNiteCh B&D's Blue Ruby) Hollis-VH
GrNiteCh GrCh Bullet II's Code Blue Cricket (GrCh GrNiteCh 'PR' Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X NiteCh Ch JJ's Code Blue Jenny)
Ch GrNiteCh Smokey River Blue Tramp II (GrCh GrNiteCh Smokey River Jean's Blue Tramp X Ch NiteCh Misty River Blue Doll IV)
GrNiteCh GrCh Vining's Hammerhead (Dual Grand Twin Springs Runnin Bullet II X Dual Grand Vining Blue Mollie)
GrNiteCh Ch Uchtmans Blue Logan (GrNiteCh Gene's Blue Newton X ChNiteCh Smiley's Blue Lady)
GrNiteCh GrCh Makin' Music Banjo (GrNiteCh Washburn Valley Blue Drip X GrNiteCh GrCh Razor Ridge Unstable Mable)
GrNiteCh. Uncle Pen (GrNiteCh South Shore Drive Blue Kev X GrNiteCh Frosty's Fancy)

Old Post 04-09-2013 12:58 AM
Scott VH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott VH Click here to Send Scott VH a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott VH Find more posts by Scott VH Add Scott VH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
no mo blue
UKC Forum Member

what one is this

Scott VH, I might be wrong but I think that is Hammer 15. Jim

Old Post 04-09-2013 02:27 AM
no mo blue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for no mo blue Click here to Send no mo blue a Private Message Find more posts by no mo blue Add no mo blue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Men and Dogs

quote:
Originally posted by cwbluebio
Good job there Ritchie. That picture was taken at the Winter Classic, had to have been one of the earliest hunts held there. Next- We all know who the man up front is and no doubt the dogs share most of their names--give us the numbers?

Here is the answer CW Let to right: Dennie Hayes-Hammer VIII-Lenvel Stancombe-Hammer XI- Greg Hagerman-Hammer IX-Dave Dean-Hammer X. Dave Woofter

Old Post 04-09-2013 12:09 PM
Tom Jones
UKC Forum Member

worlds fair?

quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet17

Old Post 04-09-2013 06:08 PM
Tom Jones is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tom Jones Click here to Send Tom Jones a Private Message Click Here to Email Tom Jones Find more posts by Tom Jones Add Tom Jones to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
no mo blue
UKC Forum Member

worlds fair

Tom that would be Rod Rose's Worlds Fair hound I do believe. Jim

Old Post 04-09-2013 06:51 PM
david woofter
UKC Forum Member

Fair

I hunted with the World's Fair Back when Stan H. was hunting him for Rod in Ohio. Dave

Old Post 04-09-2013 08:02 PM