UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Super Slams
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Super Slams

Mr Gingerich, would UKC have any objection to letting the Breed Associations hold a Breed Specific Super Slam on Thursday night of their Breed Days hunt? Kinda like they now hold a Breed Specific RQE.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-17-2018 12:26 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Gingerich? Now it's Mr. Gingerich? Allen he must want this badly. Hold out on him until he thanks you for his performance check and says pretty please. lmao
With Tar gone this board is about as entertaining as watching paint dry so just gotta do something to wake it up. Already found out if I feed and water my dog its gonna get thryoid problems.

Old Post 04-17-2018 02:19 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

yadkinriver

x2

Old Post 04-17-2018 03:23 PM
100%hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 100%hunter Click here to Send 100%hunter a Private Message Find more posts by 100%hunter Add 100%hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
100%hunter
UKC Forum Member

yadkinriver

go back to pages 7-10 for some entertainment lol

Old Post 04-17-2018 03:33 PM
100%hunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 100%hunter Click here to Send 100%hunter a Private Message Find more posts by 100%hunter Add 100%hunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

You are right, it is Mr Gingerich when I want something. I came up with the idea for the Performance Program but Allen developed the details and put it into place. Then after it got going, he tweaked it some to guarantee the point values would be above $100 and to see that it would benefit the local hunters. But he won't listen to me when I say that they should post a weekly updated list of the top dogs. I also thought/think that they should base their National hunts on Performance Points instead of Purina Points or Super Slam Hunt entries. But he doesn't like that idea. Maybe he will approve my Breed Specific Slam idea.

Old Post 04-17-2018 04:35 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Re: Super Slams

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Mr Gingerich, would UKC have any objection to letting the Breed Associations hold a Breed Specific Super Slam on Thursday night of their Breed Days hunt? Kinda like they now hold a Breed Specific RQE.

Not sure we want to go with Breed Only on Super Slams. That's my initial thought.

Old Post 04-17-2018 04:44 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Well maybe you could think about it for awhile. You have until January when the new year starts. I realize that "change" is hard. I don't see where there is any rule that says an association can't have a separate non-licensed $100 entry fee hunt in conjunction with their non-licensed breed specific hunt on Thursday night of their Breed Hunt. But I just thought that it might be better if it was a sanctioned UKC Super Slam.

Old Post 04-17-2018 05:04 PM
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Super Slams

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC
Not sure we want to go with Breed Only on Super Slams. That's my initial thought.

Why not?

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 04-18-2018 08:24 PM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

If the Super Slams were not connected to the Grand Masters hunt then i dont see any reason not to. But it is connected to a Larger hunt so i feel all the qualifying should be open to all breeds. Say they did an all red hunt. Who can then stop someone from having an all MOJO slam. Or a slam for dogs born on march second. Any thing to limit entries in favor of particular dogs.

Old Post 04-18-2018 08:46 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Lets have separate breed world hunts. Then we can say we had a bluetick world champion. Guess I'd better say and a leopard and ......

Old Post 04-18-2018 09:05 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Lets have separate breed world hunts. Then we can say we had a bluetick world champion. Guess I'd better say and a leopard and ......

They already tried that some years back. They still couldn't come up with a Bluetick World Champion.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 04-18-2018 09:15 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver

Like Jim said they tried that and all the dogs on the final 4 were scratched for fighting. lol Those poor guys got the same luck as me.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 04-18-2018 09:49 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Bruce, all you have to do now is enter a Super Slam and you qualify for the Masters. I can understand if you had to win your cast. At least there would be 4 more winners qualified.
Look at how they changed the Purina Race. They have broken it down into Breeds. Don't they allow Breed Specific RQE's that qualify dogs for the World? Isn't that what they call a "precedent"?
Y'all walker dog guys are just afraid that you might have to hunt against those Redbone winners.

Old Post 04-18-2018 09:59 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Richard that the numbers right now indicate what your saying about entering and your correct. But if the program is going to be successful it will take winning a cast to get in. So why tilt the scales to get dogs in and set standard that might not work on the future.

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 04-19-2018 at 12:18 AM

Old Post 04-18-2018 10:57 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newport
UKC Forum Member

I think it would be great to have super slams at all of the breed hunts but not breed specific.

Home of
PKC CH GRNITECH PR Newports Late Night Chill HTX
PR eel river rye
PR late night walker texas ranger (tex)
PR Big Walnuts Late Night Branch

proud member of The Deer Creek Cartel
Check out the deercreek cartel youtube channel at- youtube.com/c/thedeercreekcartel

BSKC founding member

matt newport

Old Post 04-19-2018 02:40 PM
newport is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newport Click here to Send newport a Private Message Click Here to Email newport Find more posts by newport Add newport to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tyson McComber
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by newport
I think it would be great to have super slams at all of the breed hunts but not breed specific.

X2

Old Post 04-19-2018 04:28 PM
Tyson McComber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tyson McComber Click here to Send Tyson McComber a Private Message Click Here to Email Tyson McComber Find more posts by Tyson McComber Add Tyson McComber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

With the new entry fee platform . SuperSlams will stand on their own . No need to piggyback on an breed event ,RQE, etc.
Super slams aren't about the dog even thou one thinks they are !
It's about $.

Old Post 04-19-2018 04:34 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Why would you have one at a Breed Hunt if it wasn't breed specific?

Old Post 04-19-2018 04:36 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper
Super slams aren't about the dog even thou one thinks they are !
It's about $.

Oh my goodness, is that what UKC has become.

Old Post 04-19-2018 04:42 PM
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

It's an option . That's all .

Old Post 04-19-2018 04:54 PM
Dogwhisper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dogwhisper Click here to Send Dogwhisper a Private Message Find more posts by Dogwhisper Add Dogwhisper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, I just saw where they had 2 breed specific Super Slams at walker days last night.

Old Post 04-19-2018 04:54 PM
newport
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Why would you have one at a Breed Hunt if it wasn't breed specific?

didn't they just have one at walker days last night? I don't see the big deal about it being breed specific if you go to the grand masters you sure will be hunting against all other breeds. to me it would just be a added bonus to go to a breed hunt. possibly bigger numbers, more money made by the host club, better performance checks if they stay for the weekend breed hunt. hum? couldn't hurt if you ask me. plus with breed hunts being purina hunts this year there will more than likely be other dogs than specific breed at the hunt anyway. I know im going to hit all the close ones this year.

Home of
PR eel river rye

Check out the deercreek cartel youtube channel at- youtube.com/c/thedeercreekcartel

BSKC founding member

matt newport

Old Post 04-19-2018 04:57 PM
newport is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newport Click here to Send newport a Private Message Click Here to Email newport Find more posts by newport Add newport to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newport
UKC Forum Member

wasn't aware that the walker days ones were breed specific

Home of
PR eel river rye

BSKC founding member

matt newport

Old Post 04-19-2018 04:58 PM
Dogwhisper
UKC Forum Member

It's breed specific by default

Old Post 04-19-2018 05:02 PM
Tyson McComber
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Dogwhisper
It's breed specific by default

There was a Bluetick in the 200$ slam.

Old Post 04-19-2018 05:37 PM
Tyson McComber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tyson McComber Click here to Send Tyson McComber a Private Message Click Here to Email Tyson McComber Find more posts by Tyson McComber Add Tyson McComber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote