UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > If you could bring one back..........
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

If you could bring one back..........

If you could bring back just one coon hound to have one more time from a pup up, which one would it be? Either one you owned or had personally hunted with for many years.

For me it would be a walker female (and I'm a bluetickman personally LOL!) GR CH, NTCH Hoods Finley River Jody. She was a joy to hunt, very accurate locator, could fly on a good track, deadly strike dog from the rig, straight on coon from 2 yrs. on and never got in trouble at the tree. She could tree with an alligator and never get bit. Hunted with her all her life and when her owner got done coon hunting he asked me to take her at 8 yrs. old I was overjoyed. He wanted to keep the papers though just in case he changed his mind. She's laid to rest here in my back yard under a big old white oak tree.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-28-2019 10:06 PM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rudedog
UKC Forum Member

;;; grntch..pkc ch mapleriver rude;;;; (rockriver sackett jr.on top and riverbend flag on bottom) one of the best cat dog to come out of this part of the country....he had that big long flag locate thats hard to find anymore and a steady chop never ending chop tree dog

Old Post 07-29-2019 12:55 AM
rudedog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rudedog Click here to Send rudedog a Private Message Find more posts by rudedog Add rudedog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Mac

Worldnitech Grandnite Champion Smith's Hillbilly Mac

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 07-29-2019 02:51 AM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rolin Blues
UKC Forum Member

old dogs

GRNTCH Patience (Kirbys Spike/ Mid Ohio Lady), GRNTCH Saddie. Take care, Ron.

Old Post 07-29-2019 03:15 AM
Rolin Blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rolin Blues Click here to Send Rolin Blues a Private Message Find more posts by Rolin Blues Add Rolin Blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Jackson
UKC Forum Member

Cold Run All Blue Man. One of the hardest going coon treeing hounds l ever had the pleasure to own. Talking the late 70s. Product of Wolford Johnsons kennels. That is where Shelton Morris Blue River Mike and Blue River Boomer came from l believe.

Old Post 07-29-2019 03:19 AM
Ron Jackson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Jackson Click here to Send Ron Jackson a Private Message Click Here to Email Ron Jackson Find more posts by Ron Jackson Add Ron Jackson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jakecumberledge
UKC Forum Member

The first dog I ever had Woodland Mad Max he fell out of a tree when he was 3 and died he was the first dog I actually hunted started in the hunts with and everything the only bad thing was his handler at the time

“PR”Woodland Country Side
“PR”Dukes Tree Bustin Duchess
“PR”Country Roads Ranger Jim

Beagles
CH GRHBCH Shenango Shylo
HBCH"PR"Shenango White River Bella
Woodland Drew Brees
Woodlands Blazin MJ
HBCH Woodland K Hello Dolly
“PR”Woodland Danger Ranger
State Line Gypsy

Old Post 07-29-2019 05:54 AM
jakecumberledge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jakecumberledge Click here to Send jakecumberledge a Private Message Find more posts by jakecumberledge Add jakecumberledge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driftwoodblue
UKC Forum Member

Wilford Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Jackson
Cold Run All Blue Man. One of the hardest going coon treeing hounds l ever had the pleasure to own. Talking the late 70s. Product of Wolford Johnsons kennels. That is where Shelton Morris Blue River Mike and Blue River Boomer came from l believe.
\

most likely a gold standard cross if he was a litter mate to Blue River Mike.. also in that litter that not too many heard about was Lawsons Okla Jumbo and the Candy female that Albert Burch bought from him..

there are 2 that I would surely like to bring back if I could
1) Driftwood Blue Tramp-- hung the Driftwood name on him afret hunting with Mr Burch and Ted Brown.
on the way home,I cut loose on a branch off the Cottonwood River and tramp treed a big one on a tree in the middle of a big drift pile.
2) Driftwood Blue Cotton.. Cotton's mother was a full sister to Tramp
Both carried a good bit of the Grant bloodlines.

Old Post 07-29-2019 01:22 PM
Driftwoodblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driftwoodblue Click here to Send Driftwoodblue a Private Message Find more posts by Driftwoodblue Add Driftwoodblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Driftwoodblue
UKC Forum Member

Wilford Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Ron Jackson
\

most likely a gold standard cross if he was a litter mate to Blue River Mike.. also in that litter that not too many heard about was Lawsons Okla Jumbo and the Candy female that Albert Burch bought from him..

there are 2 that I would surely like to bring back if I could
1) Driftwood Blue Tramp-- hung the Driftwood name on him afret hunting with Mr Burch and Ted Brown.
on the way home,I cut loose on a branch off the Cottonwood River and tramp treed a big one on a tree in the middle of a big drift pile.
2) Driftwood Blue Cotton.. Cotton's mother was a full sister to Tramp
Both carried a good bit of the Grant bloodlines.

Old Post 07-29-2019 01:22 PM
Driftwoodblue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Driftwoodblue Click here to Send Driftwoodblue a Private Message Find more posts by Driftwoodblue Add Driftwoodblue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Dogs

I really enjoyed the bluetick posts from you guys. I hunt Walker dogs these days, but have some fond memories of some bluetick dogs of the past. I remember when the bluetick dogs were real common in my area, not so now for many years. I enjoy a good coon dog regardless of breed. Dave

Old Post 07-29-2019 08:54 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
D.Boyd
UKC Forum Member

PL.CH. Gr.NT.CH. THUNDER’S WILD CLYDE or
GCH. GR.NT.CH. CLEAR CREEK CHIEF. I PUT just about every dollar on Clyde and let me say it was a lot of fun!!!

Gr.NT.CH. PKC Platinum Ch. Thunder’s Wild Clyde Pkc Platinum Ch.Priceless Hank Gr.Nt. Pkc Platinum Ch.Clear Creek Chief. Gr.Nt.Pkc Platinum Ch. Cabin Creek Girly Gr Nt Pkc Platinum Ch.Big D’s Little Dee Gr Nt. Gold Ch. Nkc World Ch Tree Talking Hoss Gr Nt Pkc Gold Ch. Hardwood Money Gr Nt Ch.Boyd’s Forestwood Dan Gr Nt Pkc Silver Ch History Repeat’s Itself

Old Post 07-29-2019 10:40 PM
D.Boyd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for D.Boyd Click here to Send D.Boyd a Private Message Click Here to Email D.Boyd Find more posts by D.Boyd Add D.Boyd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

there are 3:

NiteCh Lone Pine Rock - my first, and yes he was as good as they get way back when. Be nice to hunt him with a garmin

GRNITE Lone Pine Eileen- she was a warrior.

or the one I have now, GRNITE Lone Pine Legend. The best I've had. Although I'd love to turn him loose with the other 2 listed above. a Legend x Eileen cross would be dynamite.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 07-29-2019 11:17 PM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sawyer Hortin
UKC Forum Member

Dual grand pkc ch rock river stylish sue.

Old Post 07-29-2019 11:24 PM
Sawyer Hortin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sawyer Hortin Click here to Send Sawyer Hortin a Private Message Find more posts by Sawyer Hortin Add Sawyer Hortin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Dual Gr Ch Scotian Sadie. Direct daughter of Lipper and my measuring stick for the last 25 years

A close second would be Gr Nt Ch Rats Natural Jake a two year old off Rat and a Lipper female that got killed on the road before his 3rd birthday

Old Post 07-29-2019 11:27 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

Had an old black and white dog we called Chuck (name on his papers was Gr Nt Ch Stylish Thunder) off Stylish Hayes years ago I'd sure like to follow around again. I let my hunting buddy have him because I knew I'd evenyually peddle him off and he was too much like family for that.
There have been better coon treers, but that old dog had more personality than alot of people I've known. He was tight-mouthed and sneaky, and could invent coons out of thin air. Knew where they lived and made the most out of the ground you hunted him in. He was a bar-none treedog that stayed out of trouble, and would sure put on a show when you made your way into his tree. Old dog wanted to please more than any I've ever seen. Carried himself like he was special, and cocked his head up and tiptoed off his trees like he was king of the world. We bred him a few times and he never threw much. I always felt like he was one of those one time anomalies, but he sure set a high bar...

Old Post 07-30-2019 03:01 AM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DL NH
UKC Forum Member

Cory Highfil

There's a story to hang on to!

A man who had a hound he could fully enjoy.......even though he didn't seem to be able to reproduce his own likeness. I suppose we've all seen the opposite occur where one parent or the other is no better than an average performer and it seems that no matter what they're bred to they reproduce better than what they are.

I actually hope it never becomes a predictable science ..........mostly because the mystery and surprise would be greatly diminished which would take away some of the fun don't you think?

Old Post 07-30-2019 03:51 AM
DL NH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DL NH Click here to Send DL NH a Private Message Find more posts by DL NH Add DL NH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BawlinBlues
UKC Forum Member

Sassy

Roanoke river Sassy,out of Tar Heel Nitro and Yadkin River Bug.best all around coondog I ever hunted with,she had it all brains,accuracy speed,nose,and the looks.

Coty Strannahan

Old Post 07-30-2019 06:53 AM
BawlinBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlinBlues Click here to Send BawlinBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email BawlinBlues Find more posts by BawlinBlues Add BawlinBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

3/4 Walker and I/4 Redbone might not be the best dog ever but he was the one that I thought the most of,he had what everyone else called " coon sense" he knew exactly what I was thinking and I knew what he was going to do before he did it. He knew where the closest water was and knew where the Coons were. Outstanding mouth used it according to the track, extremely accurate,and would tree around 85 barks a minute for 4 hours and then come to me if I wasn't able to get to him.just seemed to love me and I loved him. Man do I miss him!

Old Post 07-30-2019 03:38 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote