UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > funny coon hunting quotes ...........
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

funny coon hunting quotes ...........

I still remember funny coon hunting sayings from people ive hunted with before. Can yall remember sayings old timers used to say about dogs and hunting and stuff ? Heres a couple good ones.

1. " if they are treed, they are carrying it with them "

2. " If that dog is running a coon then hes not the only one cause a grey fox just crossed the road right in front of him . "

3. " That dog is a good dog. He just don't hunt good hisself or with other dogs "

LOL

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-24-2018 01:08 PM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

if the owls are takin the coons are walkin. you cant tree a midnight coon in january

Old Post 02-24-2018 03:41 PM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daniel urffer
UKC Forum Member

My favorite one is "I NEVER SAW HIM DO THAT BEFORE."

Old Post 02-24-2018 04:01 PM
daniel urffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daniel urffer Click here to Send daniel urffer a Private Message Click Here to Email daniel urffer Find more posts by daniel urffer Add daniel urffer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
OLD TIMER
UKC Forum Member

On a comp hunt—-

Guys dog is really burning a track and Cheta came back and sat by me and my daughter and he wanted her scratched. Told him she wouldn’t hunt if other dog was running deer. “If my dog runs deer I would shoot him!” About that time a deer flys by with his and another right behind it. I looked at him and said, “Wish I had a gun.”

Old Post 02-24-2018 04:09 PM
OLD TIMER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for OLD TIMER Click Here to Email OLD TIMER Find more posts by OLD TIMER Add OLD TIMER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
weh
UKC Forum Member

He's NOT mean just very unafraid

Old Post 02-24-2018 04:23 PM
weh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for weh Click here to Send weh a Private Message Click Here to Email weh Find more posts by weh Add weh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JesseJ
UKC Forum Member

QUOTES

If he's runnin a deer,he just treed him!

Old Post 02-24-2018 04:53 PM
JesseJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JesseJ Click here to Send JesseJ a Private Message Click Here to Email JesseJ Find more posts by JesseJ Add JesseJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Fella ask what are the hounds running. Answer: I guess a coon since were coon hunting.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Old Post 02-24-2018 05:27 PM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Pawpaw said he had a squirrel hunting fool, he just never finds any! Lol

Old Post 02-24-2018 05:37 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Funny Saying

Dog Buyer; Will that dog stay treed?
Dog Trader Quote; When that trees he'll stay all night.
2 Weeks Later: Dog buyer; You lied to me. I've hunted that dog for two weeks every night and he hasn't ever treed.
Dog Trader; You didn't ask if he'd tree, you asked if he'd stay treed.

Old Post 02-24-2018 06:20 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nathan Phenix
UKC Forum Member

I heard guy say once I know those papers belong to that dog I give them to him.

Bayou Creek Black and Tan’s

Nathan Phenix
417-255-5697

Old Post 02-24-2018 06:26 PM
Nathan Phenix is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nathan Phenix Click here to Send Nathan Phenix a Private Message Find more posts by Nathan Phenix Add Nathan Phenix to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nathan Phenix
I heard guy say once I know those papers belong to that dog I give them to him.

LMBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! best one yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Old Post 02-24-2018 07:10 PM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Midnightghost
UKC Forum Member

It's funny how a coon can screw up a good coon hunt.

Old Post 02-24-2018 08:14 PM
Midnightghost is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Midnightghost Click here to Send Midnightghost a Private Message Click Here to Email Midnightghost Find more posts by Midnightghost Add Midnightghost to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Night cry
UKC Forum Member

You oughtta see that dog tree....

A story my did would tell .......he bought a dog from a old man and he asked him will that dog tree ?? Ole man said oh you ought to see that dog tree...my dad said that good huh? ....he said again ...man you oughtta see that dog tree ....my dad took the dog home....hunted him for a week straight.....seen the guy in town at the feed store he came up to my dad and had ask how that dog was doing .....my dad replied hasn't done a thing....i thought you said that dog would tree ?? The ole man said ...no I said you ought to see that dog tree....... cause I never have... lol

FUELED BY SHOWTIME DOG FOOD !!!

Old Post 02-24-2018 08:57 PM
Night cry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night cry Click here to Send Night cry a Private Message Click Here to Email Night cry Find more posts by Night cry Add Night cry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Elvis Black
UKC Forum Member

My Old Man

My old man use to say:

1. If he trees on a fence post you better split it open because he has the coon!
2. If they tree that one, he will have horns on his head!
3. Them dogs don’t know if they are washing or hanging out!

Old Post 02-24-2018 11:40 PM
Elvis Black is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Elvis Black Click here to Send Elvis Black a Private Message Click Here to Email Elvis Black Find more posts by Elvis Black Add Elvis Black to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cole run
UKC Forum Member

If he's running a coon it's on a deers back

Old Post 02-24-2018 11:51 PM
cole run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cole run Click here to Send cole run a Private Message Find more posts by cole run Add cole run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JR Collins
UKC Forum Member

Old guy that got me started hunting used to say:
Turn your light off so I can hear.

Old Post 02-25-2018 12:44 AM
JR Collins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JR Collins Click here to Send JR Collins a Private Message Click Here to Email JR Collins Find more posts by JR Collins Add JR Collins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blueticker
UKC Forum Member

Blue did tree a possum or two when he was a younger hound, last night.

My dog will tree every coon in a patch of woods. (Why didn't it tree that coon we just walked by)

Junior has never left a tree in his life. LOL on the second one 15 minutes apart. This actually happened on a cast.

He'll catch that coon if he doesn't find some wood. Two hours later no wood.

If I had old Mike here he would of lined that track out 30 minutes ago. Mike has been dead for 10 years.

The longer a hound is dead the better they get.

If he would get gone and under a coon, he would be a top hound.

This young dog is going to be the best hound I've hunted in many years.

60 nights of hard hunting and he'll be ready to win the world hunt.

Is that a dog fight, "no" just an adjustment.

The Hounds I Enjoyed Hunting:
Dual Gr Natural Smokey River Rebel, A buddy of mine
Gr. Nt Natural Blue Echo ( Gr Nt Quail Ck Jimmy X Nt Ch Natural Blue Bell)
Gr Nt Smokey River Chief's Joe (JBS Chief X Gr Nt Jeans Ruby)
Gr. Nt. Ch. Natural Smokey River Lucy (Chief's Joe X Muggins)
And Many More

Last edited by blueticker on 02-25-2018 at 05:14 AM

Old Post 02-25-2018 04:32 AM
blueticker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blueticker Click here to Send blueticker a Private Message Find more posts by blueticker Add blueticker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rip
UKC Forum Member

"You can't trust anything that will eat crap and screw it's own momma."

"Boys we needed to stop at Wal Mart before this cast". Why? "So one of us could have bought a coon dog".

"Will your dog run a deer?" No why "Mine will burn one up just checkin to see what they are runnin".

Old Post 02-25-2018 05:29 AM
Rip is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rip Click here to Send Rip a Private Message Click Here to Email Rip Visit Rip's homepage! Find more posts by Rip Add Rip to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bearhunter747
UKC Forum Member

I smell what you stepping in!

Old Post 02-25-2018 01:38 PM
bearhunter747 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bearhunter747 Click here to Send bearhunter747 a Private Message Find more posts by bearhunter747 Add bearhunter747 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RJ Burks
UKC Forum Member

Is he open on track ? He barks ever time his foot hits the ground....

Old Post 02-25-2018 01:46 PM
RJ Burks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RJ Burks Click here to Send RJ Burks a Private Message Find more posts by RJ Burks Add RJ Burks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dairyman
UKC Forum Member

Guys I hunted with as a kid said “if you don’t quit makin noise I’m gonna put a hole in both your kneecaps”😂

Old Post 02-25-2018 04:39 PM
dairyman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dairyman Click here to Send dairyman a Private Message Click Here to Email dairyman Find more posts by dairyman Add dairyman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

He is not lazy just a pleasure dog

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 02-25-2018 04:41 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

Ray Charles can see there aint no coon in that tree.

Old Post 02-25-2018 06:16 PM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

Yeah he is a dead loner come to find out he only hunted him by hisself.

Old Post 02-26-2018 04:18 AM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hayne Culler
UKC Forum Member

"If that dog is running a deer there's a coon on it's back"

Old Post 02-26-2018 05:07 AM
Hayne Culler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hayne Culler Click here to Send Hayne Culler a Private Message Click Here to Email Hayne Culler Find more posts by Hayne Culler Add Hayne Culler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote