UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > UKC stood tall in my eyes
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DJames
UKC Forum Member

UKC stood tall in my eyes

I would like to take a moment and share something that I think we should all appreciate about the UKC at the Winter Classic this weekend.

As always UKC put together a fantastic event at the Classic. That is a tall task for the number of hounds hunting such an event. But besides that this weekend with the type of year that seems to have divided many by way of politics, etc. I took notice that at our sporting event it went un noticed. Each night there was prayer for all, the National Anthem was played and with each I couldnt help but notice all hats removed with heads bowed during prayer and all hats removed with hands on their hearts and honoring our flag and the liberties we have because of our men and women who have fought and still fight for these liberties.
Last but most moving of all UKC paid tribute to the oldest fellow hunter there entered to hunt his 11 year old hound in the Classic. As he was recognised Mr Pillow 75 years old stood tipped his hat to the cheers and applause with a gracious smile. Little did any of us know this would be Mr Pillows last hunt. Mr Pillow was taken to hospital in very serious condition. Again UKC on Saturday impressed me with their compassion by holding prayer for Mr Pillow and his family. Unfortunatley Mr Pillow passed away over the weekend. Although this was terrible loss i cant help but think of some things that were gained. Mr Pillow gained a grateful heart from the tribute, the crowd gained a warm heart from his appreciative smile, we all should have gained even greater respect for UKC for how they handled the entire event, and God gained a coon hunting angel. I hope everyone will continue to keep the family in their prayers.

Thanks UKC for continuing the traditional values I hold dear.

GrNtCh HOF GrCh Tough Red Ruby Big Rig

GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Glass Performance Sire 2009 World Qualifier

GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Tank
GrNiteCh PR James' Tough Glass Shaker 9th place St Jude Saturday nite hunt 2013
NiteCh PR James' Tough Blue Shine (RIP)
NiteCh PR Tough Blue Lady (Sold)
NiteCh PR Tough Blue Rebel (Sold)

Last edited by DJames on 02-12-2018 at 05:19 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-12-2018 05:11 AM
DJames is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DJames Click here to Send DJames a Private Message Click Here to Email DJames Find more posts by DJames Add DJames to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

HERE! HERE! AND AMEN PRAYERS SENT FOR THE PILLOW FAMILY.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 02-12-2018 06:02 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kelly Deere
UKC Forum Member

Well said David.

Old Post 02-12-2018 10:36 AM
Kelly Deere is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kelly Deere Click here to Send Kelly Deere a Private Message Click Here to Email Kelly Deere Find more posts by Kelly Deere Add Kelly Deere to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RJ Burks
UKC Forum Member

Great post......

Old Post 02-12-2018 10:36 AM
RJ Burks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RJ Burks Click here to Send RJ Burks a Private Message Find more posts by RJ Burks Add RJ Burks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

Re: UKC stood tall in my eyes

quote:
Originally posted by DJames
I would like to take a moment and share something that I think we should all appreciate about the UKC at the Winter Classic this weekend.

As always UKC put together a fantastic event at the Classic. That is a tall task for the number of hounds hunting such an event. But besides that this weekend with the type of year that seems to have divided many by way of politics, etc. I took notice that at our sporting event it went un noticed. Each night there was prayer for all, the National Anthem was played and with each I couldnt help but notice all hats removed with heads bowed during prayer and all hats removed with hands on their hearts and honoring our flag and the liberties we have because of our men and women who have fought and still fight for these liberties.
Last but most moving of all UKC paid tribute to the oldest fellow hunter there entered to hunt his 11 year old hound in the Classic. As he was recognised Mr Pillow 75 years old stood tipped his hat to the cheers and applause with a gracious smile. Little did any of us know this would be Mr Pillows last hunt. Mr Pillow was taken to hospital in very serious condition. Again UKC on Saturday impressed me with their compassion by holding prayer for Mr Pillow and his family. Unfortunatley Mr Pillow passed away over the weekend. Although this was terrible loss i cant help but think of some things that were gained. Mr Pillow gained a grateful heart from the tribute, the crowd gained a warm heart from his appreciative smile, we all should have gained even greater respect for UKC for how they handled the entire event, and God gained a coon hunting angel. I hope everyone will continue to keep the family in their prayers.

Thanks UKC for continuing the traditional values I hold dear.

Yes, prayers for Mr. Pillow and his loved ones...and a beautiful story...thanks for sharing

Old Post 02-12-2018 11:41 AM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Boondok Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Well done ukc and well said sir!!

*Buck Creek Fancy
*Buck Creek Rambler
*Ch Blaster's Big Roller...RIP
*Buck Creek Sugie...RIP
*GrNiteCh Buck Creek Hitler...RIP

Old Post 02-12-2018 11:42 AM
Boondok Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Boondok Kennels Click here to Send Boondok Kennels a Private Message Find more posts by Boondok Kennels Add Boondok Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

Beautifully said David. Thank you and UKC

Old Post 02-12-2018 12:33 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Well said and Prayers for Mr. Pillow Family.

Old Post 02-12-2018 12:36 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

UKC.....

Well said.....!!!

Great job UKC......🖒🖒
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 02-12-2018 12:54 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

👍

Old Post 02-12-2018 01:28 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

Mr. James

Very well put, sure is nice to read a genuine heartfelt post for once!

Prayers to the family & friends.

Good job & thank you UKC. 👍👏

(RIP) Nt Ch HTX Uchtman first class Jack
(RIP) Gr Nite Ch Yeager’s Wild N Wonderful Ginger

Heikki Yeager (304) 905-3585

Old Post 02-12-2018 02:00 PM
BETHLEHEM BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BETHLEHEM BLUES Click here to Send BETHLEHEM BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BETHLEHEM BLUES Find more posts by BETHLEHEM BLUES Add BETHLEHEM BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Thanks for the kind remarks. The incident with Mr. Pillow was very unfortunate. But you're right, he graciously accepted the recognition on Friday night. I don't think there were very many hunters, if any, who did not take notice of him when he stood. Our condolences to his family.

There's an unsung hero that was involved in the woods that night that would surely bring some comfort to the Pillow Family. His name is Brian Baxter of Brookville, Indiana. Mr. Baxter just happens to be an EMT and, as one of the cast members, was right there to do all he could for Mr. Pillow while they waited on the ambulance to arrive. Thank you Mr. Baxter for all your efforts.

Old Post 02-23-2018 09:08 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

Great Post

Prayers up for family and friends of Mr. Pillow

Old Post 02-23-2018 10:44 PM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stonewall24
UKC Forum Member

Mr pillow

Well said sir and thank you Mr Baxter for working on Mr Pillow. It is hard knowing you are doing everything you can and they just can't come around. Again my prayer s are with the Pillow family. My hats off to Mr Baxter for his efforts.

Old Post 02-24-2018 04:10 AM
Stonewall24 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stonewall24 Click here to Send Stonewall24 a Private Message Find more posts by Stonewall24 Add Stonewall24 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

Very well spoken, We just never know when it is our time. Preyers for the Pillow Family.

Old Post 02-24-2018 12:04 PM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daniel urffer
UKC Forum Member

Awesome post Mr David. Thoughts and prayers with the family.

Old Post 02-24-2018 04:06 PM
daniel urffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daniel urffer Click here to Send daniel urffer a Private Message Click Here to Email daniel urffer Find more posts by daniel urffer Add daniel urffer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote