UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Treeing Walkers: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Treebound Lone Pine Louie
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Gr Ch Gr Nt Ch Treebound Lone Pine Louie

After many inquiries about Louie I decided to sent him up a page. To answer questions I often get I’ll describe him the best I can. He is a big houndy looking dog, he has a above average mouth and is a very honest strike dog that is a high end strike dog. He has a big beautiful locate that you can tree him on. He trees with bawls and chops and takes any pressure you can put on him. He hunts hard, fast and deep. Takes tracks as he come to them and can tree very rough tracks pretty easily. Most of all he is ACCURATE!!!! He has a uncanny way of having a coon when he parks.

Last edited by Sonny Phipps on 06-11-2019 at 12:32 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-10-2019 07:37 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Eric Piatt
UKC Forum Member

Love the looks and pedigree of Louie! I can promise you one thing if Sonny is hunting and promoting him he is the right kind and well worth looking at.

Old Post 06-10-2019 09:10 PM
Eric Piatt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Eric Piatt Click here to Send Eric Piatt a Private Message Click Here to Email Eric Piatt Find more posts by Eric Piatt Add Eric Piatt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Eric, I appreciate the kind words.

I currently have 3 females that will be bred to Louie on the next cycle. All three are houndy looking, big mouths, accurate and tree there own coons. I will post pics of them and pedigree as I get time. Mercy is the next due in and I bought her to hunt and breed back to Louie. She is outta muscleman who is a littermate to lone pine trackgirl (Louie’s mom) and Greys on a rampage. Rampage Is a littermate to world champion Willy. Mercy hunts hard and covers ground fast , she has a super mouth and is about as much of a loner as i want one. She will tree with other dogs outta the truck on a hot coon but after that she is alone. I really studied a lot to make this cross and believe it’ll make some good ones. I’ll keep everyone posted on when the cross is made.

Last edited by Sonny Phipps on 06-11-2019 at 01:09 AM

Old Post 06-11-2019 12:58 AM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lone Pine JB
UKC Forum Member

Louie is a good one. I joke with Sonny that he has 2nd best Lone Pine stud dog, with Legend being best. But truth is, they are very similar in style.

Louie would be a great addition to many bloodlines.

Good luck with him Sonny! Someday soon we'll get the big boys together.

Lone Pine North

Old Post 06-11-2019 01:36 AM
Lone Pine JB is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lone Pine JB Click here to Send Lone Pine JB a Private Message Click Here to Email Lone Pine JB Visit Lone Pine JB's homepage! Find more posts by Lone Pine JB Add Lone Pine JB to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Some of Louie’s hunt success:

2015 PKC baby stakes champion
Made nite champion with 3 1st place win all with the leaves off
Earned his Gr Nt title with the leaves off
Qualified for 2018 UKC world hunt and placed 1 st at zone 3
Won 2019 leopard days Gr Nt on Saturday night (no leaves)
Qualified 2019 UKC world hunt (no leaves)

We enjoy hunting him and because of work and family obligations we don’t make a lot of hunts but the ones we make we have fun at. Thanks for reading

Old Post 06-11-2019 01:49 AM
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Lone pine jb

John, we do need to get together sometime. I am sure legend and Louie operate a lot alike as we have discussed them in depth. Louie May be the second best lone pine stud , but I always tell him he is the best so don’t say anything different when you’re around him!!!

Old Post 06-11-2019 01:53 AM
chad medlock
UKC Forum Member

Sonny, if u ever breed a female off old Legend (comas stylish) please let me know!! Fine looking hound u have.

Old Post 06-11-2019 03:20 PM
chad medlock is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad medlock Click here to Send chad medlock a Private Message Find more posts by chad medlock Add chad medlock to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Thanks chad, i would love one outta that cross myself. I don’t know of a female bred like that off hand tho.

Old Post 06-12-2019 01:46 AM
duvall
UKC Forum Member

Coon Dog!!!

Old Post 06-12-2019 01:37 PM
duvall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duvall Click here to Send duvall a Private Message Click Here to Email duvall Find more posts by duvall Add duvall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

This is another female we will breed this summer. She has a very good mouth and the trackman locate we all like.

Old Post 06-12-2019 02:49 PM
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

We recently got this female to cross on Louie and hunt. We are excited about her.

Old Post 06-13-2019 02:02 AM
MudRiverdogs
UKC Forum Member

COON DOG

GOOD LUCK WITH HIM

GRCH GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR'KEATON'S MUD RIVER BIG MACK
GRCH GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR'CHARLEY CREEK LOTA HEART
GRNITECH'PR' KOCH'S FINAL DESTIONATION
GRNITECH'PR' CHARLEY CREEK BIG BUGSY
GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SMOKEY MTN MERCY

Doug Keaton
304-840-3943

Old Post 06-20-2019 09:48 AM
MudRiverdogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MudRiverdogs Click here to Send MudRiverdogs a Private Message Click Here to Email MudRiverdogs Find more posts by MudRiverdogs Add MudRiverdogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MudRiverdogs
UKC Forum Member

COON DOG

GOOD LUCK WITH HIM

GRCH GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR'KEATON'S MUD RIVER BIG MACK
GRCH GRNITECH PKC CH 'PR'CHARLEY CREEK LOTA HEART
GRNITECH'PR' KOCH'S FINAL DESTIONATION
GRNITECH'PR' CHARLEY CREEK BIG BUGSY
GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SMOKEY MTN MERCY

Doug Keaton
304-840-3943

Old Post 06-20-2019 09:48 AM
MudRiverdogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MudRiverdogs Click here to Send MudRiverdogs a Private Message Click Here to Email MudRiverdogs Find more posts by MudRiverdogs Add MudRiverdogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Doug! We sure like him and look forward to getting some of these pups on the ground.

Old Post 06-27-2019 11:51 PM
Treesinging
UKC Forum Member

Sonny would it be possible to take a hunt with him or a young dog out of him. I'm looking for a out cross for my kennel on my Grnite females.

Generation All Grand)
Grand Night Champion Grand Champion Treesinging ZZ Top (5 Generation All Grand)
Grand Night Champion Treesinging Jessie (6 generation All Grand)
Grand Night Champion Treesinging Pearl Jam (5 generation All Grand)
Grand Night Champion Two Timing Dreamer (6 generation All Grand)

SEMEN AVALIBLE AT SPORT BLOCK
AND PEEWEE VALLEY

*****Contact Whitey *****
2018 TWBFA BREEDER OF THE YEAR
2014 LAVERNE MILLER AWARD WINNER
2003 TWBFA HUNTER OF THE YEAR
2002 TWBFA OUTSTANDING MEMBER AWARD WINNER

Contact me at
606-474-4031 or cell 606-225-0839

Address for
Treesinging Kennels

Whitey Marshall
2483 St. Hwy 1122
Grayson Ky. 41143

Old Post 06-28-2019 01:28 PM
Treesinging is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Treesinging Click here to Send Treesinging a Private Message Click Here to Email Treesinging Find more posts by Treesinging Add Treesinging to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Yes, I currently hunt him weekly. He’s not “hunted up” , but I hunt him most every weekend.

Old Post 06-28-2019 05:57 PM
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I hate hunting in the hot weather but I got up at 2:00 this morning and went for a nice hunt. Louie looked good and made 3 trees with coons in each tree.

Old Post 07-07-2019 04:02 PM
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

The weather is cooler now and Louie and I are more comfortable!

Old Post 07-27-2019 03:23 PM
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Back up for Louie. Thanks for all of the interest.

Old Post 08-15-2019 11:30 AM
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sonny Phipps
We recently got this female to cross on Louie and hunt. We are excited about her.

As it happens some times , the females cycled out of order and I actually almost missed pearl. I was outta town for a week with work and my parents were feeding for me. They said she was in so I tried her today and she acted as tho she might be on her way out but did stand and we got her covered. Keep our fingers crossed and I’ll keep everyone posted. If it works out they should be some nice pups.

Old Post 08-17-2019 09:00 PM
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Would the man from Utica , Ohio area that called me about a hunt please call back. I lost your number . Thanks

Old Post 09-08-2019 04:42 AM
Jones2252
New UKC Forum Member

Hello Mr Phipps I’ve got a really nice Trackman bred gyp that I’m interested in breeding to Louie. She will turn eight this fall, she is HTX and a UKC Nite Ch with 5 wins towards grand. She would’ve done granded easily if i would’ve put her in more hunts, but with my husband working out of town and raising two kids I can’t make all the hunts I used to. Dot has a head full of sense, and can make even those cold tracks look easy. She is as honest a strike dog as I’ve ever seen and she is very accurate. Dot is a big houndy looking dog like Louie and she has the best mouth I’ve ever heard on a gyp. She has a bawl on track with an unmissable locate that she rolls over to a steady chop on the tree. If I had to fault her for anything it would have to be that she jumps at the tree to much to suit me and she pulls a little to much on the lead!
I hunt with my dad and son most nights. After reading your thread to my dad he is very excited about the possibility of coming to Ohio and watching Louie work one night. He also has a fine young gyp that he is very interested in breeding to Louie! I raised the gyp my dad owns, she is heavy Tequila bred and the most accurate, independent young hound I’ve seen in many years. She turned two the end of August. Both of these gyps are due in heat within the next 3 months. Let me know if it’s possible for us to make a trip to you in the next month or two to watch Louie work on night! My phone number is 3046605673. Thank you for your time!

Old Post 09-11-2019 06:35 PM
Jones2252 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jones2252 Click here to Send Jones2252 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jones2252 Find more posts by Jones2252 Add Jones2252 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

To all that showed interest, mercy will be bred on Wednesday the 25th. I been waiting for this cross for about a year!

Old Post 09-20-2019 11:26 PM
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I got mercy bred on 9-27-19, keeping our fingers crossed that she has a good healthy litter. I have had a tremendous response on this cross and I’m excited about it myself! Louie is all grand and mercy is also but I have not had her in any hunts to work towards granding her yet. My plan is to do so soon. She has looked really good this week and I’m excited to see how she does. Thanks

Last edited by Sonny Phipps on 10-23-2019 at 06:16 PM

Old Post 10-11-2019 10:56 PM
JOE A WILSON
New UKC Forum Member

Pup

Any bookings left off of Mercy?

Old Post 10-22-2019 07:57 PM
JOE A WILSON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOE A WILSON Click here to Send JOE A WILSON a Private Message Click Here to Email JOE A WILSON Find more posts by JOE A WILSON Add JOE A WILSON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote