UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Mentally Disturbed.
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Randy Williams
UKC Forum Member

I think I proved that I'm mentally disturbed this morning! I sold a redbone pup for 500.00, I wanted 800 but it was a friend. Two hours later a man called and offered 1000. Still have one pup out of the litter and I refused to sell it.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-15-2021 09:30 PM
Randy Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Randy Williams Click here to Send Randy Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Randy Williams Find more posts by Randy Williams Add Randy Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
reddog1st
UKC Forum Member

There is so many truths to what everyone has to say. The land drying up, leaving but coming back personal insanity, yet experiences of a life time. I had so many relationships through this sport. Not through people but through the hounds I hunted with. It saddens me at times, during all the years and different hounds. I have come to a understanding. They never let me down. They gave me all they had, at the end they were sold or traded because I could never be satisfied. I hope each one of them finally ended up with someone that was worthy of their efforts.

Old Post 06-16-2021 04:49 PM
reddog1st is offline Click Here to See the Profile for reddog1st Click here to Send reddog1st a Private Message Click Here to Email reddog1st Find more posts by reddog1st Add reddog1st to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
reddog1st
UKC Forum Member

There is so many truths to what everyone has to say. The land drying up, leaving but coming back personal insanity, yet experiences of a life time. I had so many relationships through this sport. Not through people but through the hounds I hunted with. It saddens me at times, during all the years and different hounds. I have come to a understanding. They never let me down. They gave me all they had, at the end they were sold or traded because I could never be satisfied. I hope each one of them finally ended up with someone that was worthy of their efforts.

By the way I just turned 67, and bought my last dog. He will never take me to a World Hunt. He is far from the best dog I have ever own. He will have a forever home with me!!!! I still love the sport and thankful God still gives me the tools to enjoy the sport...

Last edited by reddog1st on 06-16-2021 at 04:57 PM

Old Post 06-16-2021 04:49 PM
reddog1st is offline Click Here to See the Profile for reddog1st Click here to Send reddog1st a Private Message Click Here to Email reddog1st Find more posts by reddog1st Add reddog1st to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ron Ashbaugh
UKC Forum Member

At 46 im on my last dog. At some point the ends just dont justify the means. Ive had 20 years and a few decent dogs, but im not a competition hunter and im not into killing coons so i cant really get into the work that goes into looking at eyeballs in the dark. The loss of land, having 15 or so weeks of ok weather a year...and it getting dark late for half of that.

Im glad folks still enjoy it. Maybe if i retire someday...

Ron Ashbaugh
CROOKED FOOT KENNELS

Old Post 06-20-2021 08:36 PM
Ron Ashbaugh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ron Ashbaugh Click here to Send Ron Ashbaugh a Private Message Find more posts by Ron Ashbaugh Add Ron Ashbaugh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

At 78 I'm on my fifth last pup. I never was much of a competition hunter and I don't shoot coons. Looking at them eyeballs in the dark excites me as much as it ever did. I guess I'm still crazy.

Old Post 06-21-2021 03:22 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Tired But Smiling

I helped out at the Wisconsin Youth Hunt this past weekend and enjoyed it more than winning a hunt. At 72 I get more enjoyment out of helping others than winning a hunt. If that is mentally ill then i guess I am. I should have been killed several times in my life and was spared so God must still have something for me to do.

Old Post 06-21-2021 03:26 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote